BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Colin hendry

Was in the LT a few days ago I believe.

I have a mate who has played with him in Lytham a few times...says he is a very sad shadow of his former self and one of the worst players in their group.

As a CB myself, I used to idolise Big Col. Hard to remember him as fondly after he did the dodgy on his kindly neighbours. Legend on the pitch though.

I do still remember when I was mascot against Leeds, and he came and shook my hand in the dressing room...stark bollock naked! And all those Colin show us yer arse moments. I wonder now if he was secretly a nudist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Got talking to someone who was in the Moorgate pre game on Saturday and he said the team thought he was still superb.

A much better standard of football on the Flyde Coast then down Pleasy, obviously!

Maybe! If I'm remembering rightly, there are other ex-pros in the group they play with, so the standard won't be so bad, and this convo was a couple of years ago. Col has battled some demons in recent times, maybe he was having a rougher time of it back then than he is now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I have a mate who has played with him in Lytham a few times...says he is a very sad shadow of his former self and one of the worst players in their group.

As a CB myself, I used to idolise Big Col. Hard to remember him as fondly after he did the dodgy on his kindly neighbours. Legend on the pitch though.

I do still remember when I was mascot against Leeds, and he came and shook my hand in the dressing room...stark bollock naked! And all those Colin show us yer arse moments. I wonder now if he was secretly a nudist.

Man, he is 51 years of age! ?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bluebruce said:

We are all sad shadows of our former selves when we get into our 50s. But he is still a very good player at Blackburn Combination level, believe me!!

Anyone who has ever played against an ageing ex pro will probably know what I'm talking about - they are light years ahead of us mere mortals.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's almost 53 but your point is valid mate lol.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Kept his self fit though since he retired he's never stopped playing one way or another plus he lost his licence once when he lived in Lytham and was seen steaming around everywhere on a mountain bike so that might've helped ?

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Kept his self fit though since he retired he's never stopped playing one way or another plus he lost his licence once when he lived in Lytham and was seen steaming around everywhere on a mountain bike so that might've helped ?

He doesn't look much older now than he did in the mid 90s. He has grown into his weathered old face if anything 

He is probably my favourite Rovers player. An old cliche but they don't make em like him anymore 

• Like 2

I bumped in to him and had a chat at Dubai airport couple of months back, he was with Steve Staunton, they'd be doing a talk at one of the bars over here and I was flying out on business.

He was in good form and looked very well, always been very nice to me and my parents over the years when we've met him at the club.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 14/11/2018 at 16:16, Bigdoggsteel said:

He doesn't look much older now than he did in the mid 90s. He has grown into his weathered old face if anything 

He is probably my favourite Rovers player. An old cliche but they don't make em like him anymore 

Funny you should say that, one of mates had a photo with him and it didn't dawn on me who it was for a while.

Screenshot_20190204-192613.png