BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

5 hours ago, caithnessman said:

https://d2cf7kiw5xizhy.cloudfront.net/images/timetables/bucket/blackpool---preston---colne-1553.pdf

Only trains from

Blackburn 10.13 & 12.13 

Preston 10.30 & 12.30

Return

Preston 18.39

Blackburn 18.57

Hope there's enough carriages put on

Get the bus. It's drops you a mile (ish) closer to Deepdale for a start. Last bus home 11pm. I posted the links earlier in this thread. 

Something occurred to me whilst reading this thread...I don't think I've ever seen a Rovers side where the fans disagreed so much over the midfield options. Everybody seems to name a different midfield five, sometimes drastically so. The only feature everyone agrees on is Dack in the middle of the three. Nice to have all these options. Although I'd also like to see some of the wide midfielders step up enough that people start consistently naming them in their preferred lineup. Notching some goals would help.

There's also widespread disagreement on the defensive two of the midfield. Personally I'd drop Smallwood, although he has had a couple of more reasonable games lately, we still have better options to partner Evans. Reed and Evans would be my pick there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Something occurred to me whilst reading this thread...I don't think I've ever seen a Rovers side where the fans disagreed so much over the midfield options. Everybody seems to name a different midfield five, sometimes drastically so. The only feature everyone agrees on is Dack in the middle of the three. Nice to have all these options. Although I'd also like to see some of the wide midfielders step up enough that people start consistently naming them in their preferred lineup. Notching some goals would help.

There's also widespread disagreement on the defensive two of the midfield. Personally I'd drop Smallwood, although he has had a couple of more reasonable games lately, we still have better options to partner Evans. Reed and Evans would be my pick there.

I think, Armstrong is nearly a cert pick.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Got a good feeling about Armstrong in this one. Really unlucky not to bag in the last couple of matches, but looking brighter in general play & I think Saturday will be his day. 

It just his finishing he needs to work on. He does all the hard work and just cant seem to finish. Hopefully once he get a few more goals that will improve.

26 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

It just his finishing he needs to work on. He does all the hard work and just cant seem to finish. Hopefully once he get a few more goals that will improve.

Or to put it another way, If he improves he will get a few goals

14 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Something occurred to me whilst reading this thread...I don't think I've ever seen a Rovers side where the fans disagreed so much over the midfield options. Everybody seems to name a different midfield five, sometimes drastically so.

Its because we have about enough midfielders to make up a complete team!

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Half agree, he's had enough chances to expect to have a couple if he was being ruthless, but then again he's hit the bar & seen efforts blocked which would usually go in. His finishing has looked one of his stronger points in the past, so hopefully he'll just need one and he can get on a roll. 

Re drinking around Preston. If you’ve got colours on you’ve virtually no chance of getting in any pub. Tbh apart from the city centre there isn’t a lot of choic as Preston’s a knob hole in any case, stay in the outskirts, brig, leyland and Walton le dale areas will be fine and bus it into town.

Enjoy the day and bring the points home