BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

Dack is undoubtedly believing his own hype and who could blame him? Never mind  sky courting him, you would swear from the clubs official social media he is Messi and is basically carrying everyone else. Whereas in reality he hasn't played well this year. Yep, he's scored a good few, can't take that away from him, but he ain't doing much else. Where are the neat touched from last year? Where are the assists? 

He needs to keep off the TV, knuckle down and the official social media need to get out of his ass. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are you actually a moron? 

I have said in every single post that I thought it was a bad idea to not start a striker.

Says the man who continually defended Mowbray not starting with a striker and verbally abusing others in the process.

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Masterstroke by Mowbray resting Graham first half 

You absolute dunce.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I just can't understand what possesses Mowbray to persist with this false nine nonsense. We've looked shit every single time we've tried it. If not for a worldie from Reed WBA would have beaten us trying the same bollocks. Enough already. We aren't Barcelona. More like fucking Bromley today. 

• Like 4

Just left the ground...utter shambles.

Think Mowbray got the team selection totally wrong. Not sure why anyone would think Palmer up front was a good idea. Armstrong up front at least makes us play it quickly to feet, but all Preston had to do was press forward and we lumped it up to Palmer who couldn’t win headers or hold it up so it kept coming back. Graham made an impact as soon as he came on, showed the rest of the attackers up and looked to be making a difference until 3-1 and our disallowed goal and then heads dropped.

Shocking performance all round. Hopefully for midweek Tony decides to not try and over complicate the starting 11 tactically as clearly the players aren’t up to playing a false 9/wide forward as a striker.

Just now, DE. said:

I just can't understand what possesses Mowbray to persist with this false nine nonsense. We've looked shit every single time we've tried it. If not for a worldwide from Reed WBA would have beaten us trying the same bollocks. Enough already. We aren't Barcelona. More like fucking Bromley today. 

When you've got a half decent team but with obvious failings you would think he'd play it safe but he makes the same mistakes over and over. It's like Bowyer all over again.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

It's tactics and line ups like this why some rovers fans, need being one, will always have there doubts about mowbray. It's one thing getting beat but these line ups are becoming insane

Like him as I do there is no doubt some of his daft over cooking it hands the initiative to the opposition. It's the championship and we have a no frills basic squad so lets base it on that and play from there, leave the confusing Roy Hodgson type stuff to the chess playing mind games of the Prem.

• Like 4

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Didnt defend him once. You are obviously thick 

Clearly tongue in cheek, but you don't get humour either 

You were saying the scoreline and way we were playing was no reflection of the team sheet, and berating anyone who said otherwise.

Tongue in cheek? Shite in gob more like.

• Backroom
Just now, booth said:

When you've got a half decent team but with obvious failings you would think he'd play it safe but he makes the same mistakes over and over. It's like Bowyer all over again.

I like Mowbray as a person, but we've never had a period under his leadership where I've thought "yeah, he's cracked this". Points wise we smashed league 1 last season, but it didn't really feel like it. We've technically had a decent start this season but I'm never confident as I just don't know what to expect from the manager beyond overthinking and extreme caution. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sadly, it's not the first wake-up call.

We've rode our luck on a number of occasions this season.

Expect days of 'Bowyeresque' cliches from Mowbray.

Game effectively over after 10 minutes...we simply had no reply with that formation.Mowbray' s team selection for this local Derby was piss poor,the players attitude not good enough.

A bad day at Black Rock made even worse by the fact its a drubbing against one of our locals.

I think Forest couldn't snap our hand off fast enough at 7 Million....seen nothing from Brereton,Jack shyte.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If Graham wasn't going to start, it was the ideal game to play Brereton 

Can understand how he operates with Graham it's the way he has to be managed these days so no complaints there but they knew this and should have got in proper target man back up. Especially given the way we need to play to get the best out of Dack and the rest.

Brereton is obviously one he's going to bring along slowly so I don't think chucking him in today would've made much difference but yeah it would be nice to see something from him he's taking up bench space and getting on every game in front of others.

Nutttal caries more goal threat and i'd be mightily pissed off if I was him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bluefred said:

Have you forgot about Bristol city ?

Yes. I don't want to join in the hysteria after every terrible result as there have not been that many. If/when we are 2 points away from relegation after no wins in 7 games then I'll be calling for Tony to go, saying our squad is all scum who must die and so on.

Just now, DE. said:

I like Mowbray as a person, but we've never had a period under his leadership where I've thought "yeah, he's cracked this". Points wise we smashed league 1 last season, but it didn't really feel like it. We've technically had a decent start this season but I'm never confident as I just don't know what to expect from the manager beyond overthinking and extreme caution. 

One would hope that we replicate last season with a more convincing second half after a few transfer dealings. Though a worry for me is that the Brereton deal may render the Jan transfer window irrelevant.

• Moderation Lead

Just a reminder, personal insults aren’t allowed and they need to be nipped in the bud now, or warnings will be handed out.

I know we are all frustrated that we’ve been hammered by those goons, but let’s keep it civil, please.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Oh and get a fricking decent striker in January for gods sake, how well could that 7 million have been spent on the forward line for this team ?????????

To be fair to the lad Brereton took his goal well.

Definitely not offside from the header, and it's very debatable whether Dack actually touched it when he went for the ball with the defender. We need DRS.

Just now, tomphil said:

Can understand how he operates with Graham it's the way he has to be managed these days so no complaints there but they knew this and should have got in proper target man back up. Especially given the way we need to play to get the best out of Dack and the rest.

Brereton is obviously one he's going to bring along slowly so I don't think chucking him in today would've made much difference but yeah it would be nice to see something from him he's taking up bench space and getting on every game in front of others.

Nutttal caries more goal threat and i'd be mightily pissed off if I was him.

Eh? Brereton is 'taking up bench space and getting on every game in front of others' because in his last three games when doing so, he has created two goals and had one disallowed (possibly wrongly) for offside. He should be starting (especially when Graham is dropped), not dropped from the bench as I think you were implying? Not sure if I've misunderstood you.

Watched in iFollow.  I will never see that Fiver again.

Big personalities in the dressing room? Shame we don't play matches in there. 

There were so many bad performances by Rovers players you would think it was orchestrated. 

Defensively on their goals I have seen better players in Pub teams.

Dack must be trying to get his transfer fee reduced, he's doing that well,  but also he and others must be wondering WTF goes through Mowbrays brain at team selection time.

I blame the International break,  it gives Mowbray too much time to think and just confuse himself. 

• Like 1