BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

Just now, tomphil said:

Can understand how he operates with Graham it's the way he has to be managed these days so no complaints there but they knew this and should have got in proper target man back up. Especially given the way we need to play to get the best out of Dack and the rest.

Brereton is obviously one he's going to bring along slowly so I don't think chucking him in today would've made much difference but yeah it would be nice to see something from him he's taking up bench space and getting on every game in front of others.

Nutttal caries more goal threat and i'd be mightily pissed off if I was him.

Good point. 

Nuttall was actually being brought on upfront and starting the odd game. Now he's completely frozen out whilst Mowbray refuses to start Brereton or Armstrong upfront. Strange 

• Like 1

Awful performances all over the park, but not helped by Mowbrays team selection, injury concerns the reason by all accounts, but still not good enough.

The players involved need to have a long hard look at themselves tonight, awful.

This side is a good 12 months away from challenging for a play off spot at least. The manager needs to try different players and formations, but not when 5000 fans are in the away end. 

Have a word with yourself Mowbray.

• Like 1

Questions I'd like the manager to answer after this game.

1: why choose to play no striker from the start of the game. What benefits did he see from it.

2: why has Dacks form fallen of a cliff over the last 6 weeks. Does he get a free pass?

3: What was the reason for signing Brereton? Improve our profits or our team quality?

4: Do you think the fans deserve better? And what should our aim be this season?

5: Why can we beat a stoke away or compete with a WBA away but then fall to bits against lesser teams in Preston and Bristol city?

6: How are you going to improve resent performances? Results matter yes but you get found out eventually when performances are poor

7: Is Dack behaving in a professional manner that will benifit the team. Or has his head been turned?

Question 7 is to people on here. Personally there have been far far far better players than Dack who have played for Rovers who have left and the team and club have continued on.

If he doesn't 100% want to be here tell him to jog on with his Essex mates. He'll go down the David Bentley route and become a forgotten man soon enough.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Eh? Brereton is 'taking up bench space and getting on every game in front of others' because in his last three games when doing so, he has created two goals and had one disallowed (possibly wrongly) for offside. He should be starting (especially when Graham is dropped), not dropped from the bench as I think you were implying? Not sure if I've misunderstood you.

Nuttall whilst not being anything special is probably more suited to starting in the DG role in front of BB so i'm saying i'd try that before i'd start Brereton. Yes he is showing signs with a few assists but really if you watch him he's offered bugger all so far. 

He's taking up bench space that in my opinion should be occupied at the moment by someone more capable, for me again it all comes down to not getting in proper striking back up. That would allow the slowly slowly approach with Brereton and keep the spotlight of him a bit.

Just now, booth said:

Resorting to utter twaddle rather than your rather more considered twaddle I see.

2-0 down and nothing to do with the team line up, and getting all in people's faces about it. Now that is tripping balls.

The only part of the team selection anyone has an issue with is Palmer starting upfront. That's fair enough, I think Brereton should have started.

I just wouldn't put conceding 2 goals in the first 10 minutes down to that decision. More at play than that. Lack of motivation and individual errors the 2 main reasons in my opinion. 

1: why choose to play no striker from the start of the game. What benefits did he see from it.

2: why has Dacks form fallen of a cliff over the last 6 weeks. Does he get a free pass?

3: What was the reason for signing Brereton? Improve our profits or our team quality?

4: Do you think the fans deserve better? And what should our aim be this season?

5: Why can we beat a stoke away or compete with a WBA away but then fall to bits against lesser teams in Preston and Bristol city?

6: How are you going to improve resent performances? Results matter yes but you get found out eventually when performances are poor

7: Is Dack behaving in a professional manner that will benifit the team. Or has his head been turned?

Question 7 is to people on here. Personally there have been far far far better players than Dack who have played for Rovers who have left and the team and club have continued on.

If he doesn't 100% want to be here tell him to jog on with his Essex mates. He'll go down the David Bentley route and become a forgotten man soon enough.

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

This really, really needs to be asked. Mowbray is a man who will openly talk football, as honestly as he can, whenever asked. I haven't seen a single article in the LT that had a quote from TM with an answer to this question, or any explanation about why he has been playing Dack up front in other games, which leads me to conclude they haven't asked him. Unless they've asked him and the answer is so bizarre that they don't want to embarrass Tony and print it.

4 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

I posted about this earlier. Some of the stuff the official Rovers social media accounts (instagram and Twitter) have created and shared about him recently are cringe.  His form has completely dropped and the goals have completely glossed over it. 

During the international break he was on Soccer AM. On his Instagram he has shared a number of posts about signing with Adidas. 

The goals have allowed him to think he can get by without contributing the link up play and assists. If hadn't have scored those goals we would be saying he has been found out at this level. 

I am starting to suspect he was luckily in the right place at the right time in a few games. If he doesn't maintain the goals, he needs to start delivering something else 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I suspect Mowbray will revert to the safety of tried and tested on Wednesday, but I also suspect that we'll be having this same conversation in 5 or 6 games' time.

Of course we will; TM makes 3-5 changes per match on average. Bloke doesn’t know his best team if it bit him on the arse. 

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

This really, really needs to be asked. Mowbray is a man who will openly talk football, as honestly as he can, whenever asked. I haven't seen a single article in the LT that had a quote from TM with an answer to this question, or any explanation about why he has been playing Dack up front in other games, which leads me to conclude they haven't asked him. Unless they've asked him and the answer is so bizarre that they don't want to embarrass Tony and print it.

Asked Sharpe on Twitter to ask and he said he would. Suspected it’s because ‘Graham can’t play 46 games’ yet I) he hasn’t played for 2 weeks and II) why didn’t he bring in a Graham alternative in the summer instead of splashing £7m on a ‘winger’ in Brereton? 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

In fairness, when under pressure, he talks some utter shite.

Nonsense blueboy.

Coyle talked shite, King Rat was a master, but Mowbray is honest, and I'd hope he'll come and and say that today was absolute garbage. 

• Like 1

Danny Graham hadn’t trained during the international break until Thursday, so no regrets from TM about leaving him on the bench.

“I think we defended really poorly today,” says the boss. “We have to be better than that; we weren’t on our game. I’ve tried not to be too harsh on them, but it was unacceptable.”

Edited by perthblue02

Had a terrible feeling when I saw Dack starting up top. What a bad result. Dack as well, hasn’t put a good performance in, in a while now. He’s scored in the odd game where he’s been invisible. Worried about him at the minute. Glad now I couldn’t make today and i’m going to Wigan instead, need to bounce back big time.

Just now, Gav said:

Nonsense blueboy.

Coyle talked shite, King Rat was a master, but Mowbray is honest, and I'd hope he'll come and and say that today was absolute garbage. 

When Nuttall was being touted last season as a possible 1st teamer when we were having a bad run last season he said 'never'. Two weeks later he was in the team. It's easy being 'honest' when the team is doing well. Let's see if he blames his team selection for today's defeat. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I posted about this earlier. Some of the stuff the official Rovers social media accounts (instagram and Twitter) have created and shared about him recently are cringe.  His form has completely dropped and the goals have completely glossed over it. 

During the international break he was on Soccer AM. On his Instagram he has shared a number of posts about signing with Adidas. 

The goals have allowed him to think he can get by without contributing the link up play and assists. If hadn't have scored those goals we would be saying he has been found out at this level. 

I am starting to suspect he was luckily in the right place at the right time in a few games. If he doesn't maintain the goals, he needs to start delivering something else 

Because he has found his level.

Sure he was outstanding in the third division (where he had won player of the year before yet not progressed)

This season he is trying to get involved but the better players / teams at this level have him in their pocket most weeks.

Largely anonymous in terms of impacting the play as he did last season.

Never be a Premier League player and talk of 25 million or even 15    is complete nonsense. Spurs my arse.

• Like 1

What is crystal clear at this point is whatever line-up and tactics appear to be working in training are certainly not working on the pitch at match time. TM has to realize this. We have some options on the bench, not too many, but enough to reorganize things and try something different. We've already paid the money on Brereton, we really have to try him - the risk is already made.

The concerning thing is too many managers are too stuborn and do not admit it when big changes need to be made. This period is going to decide whether TM has what it takes to make it in (and beyond) the Championship, or if he's taken us as far as he can.

• Like 1

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Danny Graham hadn’t trained during the international break until Thursday, so no regrets from TM about leaving him on the bench.

“I think we defended really poorly today,” says the boss. “We have to be better than that; we weren’t on our game. I’ve tried not to be too harsh on them, but it was unacceptable.”

So why play Palmer up front and not the striker he paid £7m for.

No surprise he's blaming the defence and not mentioning his team selection. He should blame himself, not them. 

• Like 3

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

No surprise he's blaming the defence and not mentioning his team selection. He should blame himself, not them. 

Did you watch that today? 

Team selection or not, the players were absolutly awful today, worst I've seen in a longtime, so they deserved hammering.  

3 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Give over ..he's nowhere near perfect (how many managers are ) but he,s been far more honest than most

The bar's been very low in recent years. He's open, but I think he's just like every other manager when under pressure. He blames the players.

Edited by blueboy3333