BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not entirely surprised by this performance and result as imo the manager has been picking the erong starting line up for a while and been attempting to put square pegs in round holes, We've also been playing fairly poorly on the whole but scraping results up until today.  That can't go on forever.

I'm not sure if Dack thinks he's moving in January but he's been really poor for a couple of months and looks overweight to me. Armstrong has been generally very disappointing this season and would no doubt prefer to play down the middle. Brereton also needs a chance playing down the middle and will never progress until some faith is shown in him and he gets said chance. Williams is an absolute liability when playing at LB and I've no idea what the manager sees in him in that position. The team desperately lacks pace and width on either flank and the bizarre experiment of starting without an out and out striker be it Dack or Palmer simply doesn't work.

Apart from that it wasn't too bad......?

Disagree we have been poor - we have beaten some good sides along the way - performances have been up and down - but there have been some good performances.

Lacks pace - Armstrong played wide ?

Dack has been poor for large parts of the season - but goals have masked poor performances (mainly caused by heavy marking - not helped by Referees like today who offer him no protection).

Today's games was decided in the first 10 minutes. Not certain Preston are as good as Radio Lancs were raving about - they just exposed us on the break as we pushed forward.

TM needs to be come up with a plan B when we are chasing matches - this is the third time we have been cut apart chasing a match. 

Huge disappointment Brereton's goal being incorrectly disallowed - could have helped his confidence no end.

Though Preston deserved to win (4-1 flattered them) - their No 45 virtually assaulted Lenihan on numerous occasions. Rarely have I seen a home team time waste for much of the match. Referee was just another example of poor officiating in this league.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I've been saying since early season he's a 1.5ppg type of manager. I said 14th at the beginning of the season and I think that's a decent guess. I don't think he'd take us up with the best players in the league. He's too cautious and  concerned with the opposition for that,  and too obsessed with formations and tinkering. 

To be fair you've been saying he's not the man for us since the early part of last season.

I take all your points onboard, but give the guy a chance, he knows how to rebuild a side and get out of this league, we're lucky to have him.

Back to basics. 11 best players start in their correct positions. Deficiencies in the squad need to be rectified in January. In particular we need a striker who regularly scores goals and can start every game. And we need width. Defence is way better than that so don't know why it went so wrong today, bur the facts speak for themselves. We concede too many and we don't score enough .

No more wide forwards crap, no more expensive experiments for the future.

Let's learn from this and kick on.

PS Where's Chaddy? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I honestly think that this is Mowbray’s limit.

His Summer recruitment looks like poor business, with the re-signing of existing players being the main ones. Brereton looks like a hugely expensive mistake - already - and he has pretty much binned the youngsters that were coming through last season.

He is dining out on last season’s success but is looking more and more out of ideas and desperately trying to find the magic solution. Dack needs dropping but we have nobody who can put the ball in the net without him.

How long before he starts blaming the fans? The half season ticket sales are already being lined up as fans not being on side. It’s worrying times and Mowbray needs to do extremely well in the January window just to keep us mid table - hardly a convincing pitch to any proven Championship quality out there - which is what we need.

@chaddyrovers how is this in any way funny?

Another one making themselves look foolish. :rolleyes:

very disappointed result today and the performance by some were nothing short of pathetic. 

Williams and Armstrong at fault for the 1st goal, Nyambe too slow for the 2nd goal, Williams so easy turned for the 3rd goal. 

Lenihan and Williams so poor today. How anyone can say Williams is better than Bell needs to watch Williams full performance today. He was useless. 

Even tho we were 2 down 1st half, we still have 4 great chances to score and we should have gone in level at half time. I was pleased with the Graham sub and it brought a positive outcome by his goal, but we didn't kick on enough for me. Thought Mowbray was far too slow taking Armstrong and Palmer who were truly awful. Dack had 2 or 3 chances he should have done better. His I have are getting worse and teams are marking so tightly and not allow him any time of the ball. Ive suggested him playing wide for a bit during the game to give him more room, cos he is being too easy marked for me. 

on the Formation and team selection, I have no idea why he played it or picked that team. I understand why he playing it and how but I disagree with it. 

Alot of police in the town centre before and after the game with a few kick offs between fans. some scenes were awful and total unnecessary to see and witnessed. Came home at 6.30pm cos of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

very disappointed result today and the performance by some were nothing short of pathetic. 

Williams and Armstrong at fault for the 1st goal, Nyambe too slow for the 2nd goal, Williams so easy turned for the 3rd goal. 

Lenihan and Williams so poor today. How anyone can say Williams is better than Bell needs to watch Williams full performance today. He was useless. 

Even tho we were 2 down 1st half, we still have 4 great chances to score and we should have gone in level at half time. I was pleased with the Graham sub and it brought a positive outcome by his goal, but we didn't kick on enough for me. Thought Mowbray was far too slow taking Armstrong and Palmer who were truly awful. Dack had 2 or 3 chances he should have done better. His I have are getting worse and teams are marking so tightly and not allow him any time of the ball. Ive suggested him playing wide for a bit during the game to give him more room, cos he is being too easy marked for me. 

on the Formation and team selection, I have no idea why he played it or picked that team. I understand why he playing it and how but I disagree with it. 

Alot of police in the town centre before and after the game with a few kick offs between fans. some scenes were awful and total unnecessary to see and witnessed. Came home at 6.30pm cos of it. 

Supprised you didn't go waiding in on a count of all the pints you consumed

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thought you’d come on here and defend TM, we know it was a bad day when even Chaddy is slating the performance and team selection. TM got it completely wrong today and the players by all accounts didn’t do much to bail him out either! Bad day at the office all round, need a response at Wigan big time. Give Brereton a start up front, and Rothwell Palmer and Dack in behind. We need to go for it on Wednesday, if we come away with only 4 points from QPR and Rotherham at home and PNE and Wigan away that would be a really poor return.

• Like 1

I've read nothing previously from the thread, so undoubtedly some things may have been covered.

I'm totally flummoxed from Tony Mowbray today. I wholeheartedly endorse what he's done in terms of togetherness as a club but today he completely lost the plot for me.

Just short of 6,000 away fans and we start with what as a line up? Please tell me anyone, the logic behind our attacking intent and this bollocks of a 'faux 9'!

I could go on and on but today was just a bloody embarrassment.

You could go on and on about individual performances but at 3pm, you can't help but have some sympathy with players thinking who the f**k is playing where and asking where's our 'out ball'?

I really really did not get what Mowbray is thinking and I didn't at West Brom either when he tried similar.

Alex Neill hammered Tony Mowbray today big time. We were shite and North End, credit where it's due, were by far the better team. (spit)

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

Back to basics. 11 best players start in their correct positions. Deficiencies in the squad need to be rectified in January. In particular we need a striker who regularly scores goals and can start every game. And we need width. Defence is way better than that so don't know why it went so wrong today, bur the facts speak for themselves. We concede too many and we don't score enough .

No more wide forwards crap, no more expensive experiments for the future.

Let's learn from this and kick on.

PS Where's Chaddy? 

Your presuming money will be available in January. To buy a championship striker will require another 7--8 million which isn't going to happen.

This Brereton that signed was because of potential resale value. Nothing else. It's make do time and the manager needs to earn his money. I think the league position is very misleading and can look very different within the next 4 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

To be fair you've been saying he's not the man for us since the early part of last season.

I take all your points onboard, but give the guy a chance, he knows how to rebuild a side and get out of this league, we're lucky to have him.

Mr jokers back on the scene. Didn't feel lucky today, worst performance for some years that. 

Edited by AAK

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack was pathetic. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd say we are still much the same as last year. An ordinary set of players then there is Dack. If he's on his game he can make a fairly ordinary bunch appear better than they are. If he's off it, which he has been for a while, we usually look hopeless.

I'd also disagree re: Palmer. I think potentially he looks a very handy player indeed, unfortunately TM appears unable or unwilling to place much faith in any of his summer signings apart from Reed.

I'm sorry Rev, regarding Palmer: he's a waste of space (IMO). Flatters to deceive, with never an end product and invariably gets caught in and loses possession. Get rid!

• Like 2

Williams an nyambe were a joke, the whole back 4 was. The hype around mulgrew is astounding. Hes shite at this level and people don't like it. He'll be injured soon.

Edited by AAK

54 minutes ago, Butty said:

Thought you’d come on here and defend TM, we know it was a bad day when even Chaddy is slating the performance and team selection. TM got it completely wrong today and the players by all accounts didn’t do much to bail him out either! Bad day at the office all round, need a response at Wigan big time. Give Brereton a start up front, and Rothwell Palmer and Dack in behind. We need to go for it on Wednesday, if we come away with only 4 points from QPR and Rotherham at home and PNE and Wigan away that would be a really poor return.

I love Mowbray to bits but today he got it wrong at the start. If Graham wasnt fit enough then play Armstrong or Brereton there not Palmer. Its annoyed at kick off time seeing how they line up on the pitch

• Like 2