BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

16 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Nyambe      Lenihan             Mulgrew        Williams

Reed                   Evans

Armstrong               Dack                        Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Rodwell, Travis, Bennett, Smallwood, Rothwell, Brereton

i'd start Rothwell over Palmer

• Like 1

I'd go

Raya

Nyambe            Lenihan       Mulgrew           Bell

Bennett             Reed           Evans            Armstrong

Dack

Brereton

Subs: Leutwiler, Rodwell, Williams, Smallwood, Rothwell, Palmer, Graham

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Nyambe      Lenihan             Mulgrew        Williams

Reed                   Evans

Armstrong               Dack                        Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Rodwell, Travis, Bennett, Smallwood, Rothwell, Brereton

I would go with that team

Be surprised if Bennett and Smallwood don't start though 

Mowbray has a tricky job deciding when we have everyone fit 

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'd go

Raya

Dack

Brereton

Bennett on the right? Really there's two players on the bench i'd have over him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'd go

Raya

Dack

Brereton

Have you seen Bell play?

• Like 2

Raya

Nyambe Leni Mulgrew Bell

Reed Rodwell

Benno Dack Armstrong

Brereton

Graham needs a rest and Brereton has done enough in his last 2 appearances to earn a start. Smallwood and Evans should be on the bench.

Edited by RV Blue
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Raya

Nyambe Leni Mulgrew Bell

Reed Rodwell

Benno Dack Armstrong

Brereton

Graham needs a rest and Brereton has done enough in his last 2 appearances to earn a start. Smallwood and Evans should be on the bench.

That's the team I would go with too with Rothwell to come on later probably for Bennett.

Who's doing the Friargate pre-match (and post-match) crawl besides me and @chaddyrovers?

Starting at the Black Horse (brilliant pub) moving next door to Ballers (some new sports bar) over the ring road to the Old Black Bull (just been done up) then on to 

…..The Northern Way (new pub)https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/10/new-pub-the-northern-way-has-opened-in-friargate/ 

…. and Plau  https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/11/plau-gin-and-ale-bar-opens-in-friargate/ (opened the other night) 

….then the Adelphi ….. and then 50 yards up the road to new pub Vinyl Tap https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/09/revamped-pub-the-vinyl-tap-prepares-to-open/

A football match happens.

Then do the crawl in reverse order. 

Good Times:rover:

Edited by blueboy3333

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We will be. Another micro pub has opened across from the Corn Exchange too, Plug & Taps

I'll check it out Plau is getting rave reviews. It's on the right as you reach the top of the Friargate brow, just before Roper Hall. Only been open a couple of days.  Looking forward to that and the Black Horse. I think Northern Way is competitively priced in a Wetherspoons kind of way. It's what used to be O'Neills. 

Edited by blueboy3333

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Guild Ale House (next to the Guild Hall, obviously!) is s good spot too...

It is, been in a couple of times. There's also a little micro brewery type bar on the corner of the new outdoor market that is only about 100yards from the GAH.  Not been in but people have said it's good. The fella who used to be the Deepdale Duck (may still be) works behind the bar!

23 hours ago, Nobbers123 said:

Preston fan in peace... quite enjoyed reading that, can't argue with any of it ?. You did forget to mention we have the second largest bus station in Europe but if you've even seen it, it isn't much to brag about.

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/forum/football-forums/pne-discussions/3402278-yet-they-wonder-why-we-call-them-the-plastics/page4

Bitter much? ?

What a muppet infested site that really is....

Rovers have Southern based fans but they're just w#an#ers who jumped on board in the 90's yet PNE have Southern based fans because they are people moved there from Preston.

PNE have 2.5k wanting to watch them in the bottom tier yet John Beck steers them to promotion and 17k turn up v Northampton because they are a big club yet Rovers get a huge turnout v Oxford on promotion from league 1 and sell out (again) for a non tv game at dumpdale and it's because we are plastics only wanting to watch a winning team ?

Mention the terms 'ironic' or 'double standards' in the liitle city and they stare blankly ahead and continue muttering about Sir Tom the only thing they are famous for !  If ever a player was bigger than his club it was him, but then again so was Sir Ron of Hilldersley ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

In the 70s and 80s it was tales of taking other towns with violence. Now it’s tales of taking over other towns pubs and drinking them dry, having a great time and hopefully no bother.  

I love progress, have a great afternoon all who go over to the small city of dashed optimism, broken dreams and plenty bitterness. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Who's doing the Friargate pre-match (and post-match) crawl besides me and @chaddyrovers?

Starting at the Black Horse (brilliant pub) moving next door to Ballers (some new sports bar) over the ring road to the Old Black Bull (just been done up) then on to 

…..The Northern Way (new pub)https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/10/new-pub-the-northern-way-has-opened-in-friargate/ 

…. and Plau  https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/11/plau-gin-and-ale-bar-opens-in-friargate/ (opened the other night) 

….then the Adelphi ….. and then 50 yards up the road to new pub Vinyl Tap https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/09/revamped-pub-the-vinyl-tap-prepares-to-open/

A football match happens.

Then do the crawl in reverse order. 

Good Times:rover:

what time are you starting

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

what time are you starting

Friday. 

I've not even got a ticket for the match yet. I only found out I'm not needed in work after they'd sold out.  I'm now hoping some nice Preston mates will sort one out for me. If I go it will be a case of being quiet and watching the massed ranks of Roverites enjoying themselves (hopefully). Shame PNE are such a small club that they only have a small stadium. :rover: