BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Feeling good thanks.  Game will be close.  Got Rovers' win at 11/4 which I think is terrific value.

Bet365 boss Denise Coates paid herself £265 million this year (news item this week).

I presume £264 million of it was your losing bets. 

34 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Bet365 boss Denise Coates paid herself £265 million this year (news item this week).

I presume £264 million of it was your losing bets. 

If only I had that much money to lose (I could buy Rovers)!

Rest assured James, tomorrow night when I am dining at a well known local eatery savouring a bottle, or possibly even two should Rovers win, of fine red, all courtesy of my betting 'hobby', I will raise I toast to both you and my 'friends' in the betting industry.

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

This means more square pegs in round holes tomorrow!

Nevertheless, fancy Rovers strongly tomorrow to run out winners by the odd goal.  Strangely enough, some family and friends who follow PNE don't fancy them at all tomorrow despite their recent improvement!

And before you ask Chaddy, no I wont be there tomorrow owing to a work commitment but the offer of a pint for you at Wigan, Leeds or Middlesbrough still stands!

No surprise at all. Looking forward to the day out with lads and enjoying a lot of pints. 

No thankyou. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No surprise at all. Looking forward to the day out with lads and enjoying a lot of pints. 

No thankyou. 

No surprise at all!

You are a joker Chaddy - I have a W O R K commitment.  What part of that do you not understand?

Offered to buy you a drink at Wigan, Leeds or Middlesbrough IF you are there at any of the three games!

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No surprise at all!

You are a joker Chaddy - I have a W O R K commitment.  What part of that do you not understand?

Offered to buy you a drink at Wigan, Leeds or Middlesbrough IF you are there at any of the three games!

I’m going to Wigan Merce, I’ll have a Guinness please bud. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

If only I had that much money to lose (I could buy Rovers)!

Rest assured James, tomorrow night when I am dining at a well known local eatery savouring a bottle, or possibly even two should Rovers win, of fine red, all courtesy of my betting 'hobby', I will raise I toast to both you and my 'friends' in the betting industry.

I love you, Mercer.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

No surprise at all!

I understand it the first time but I not surprise you aren't attend. need to work to cover their betting loses. :rolleyes:

no thankyou. I have no desire to met you at football. I talk you on here and that's it thanks. I will be at all 3 games thanks

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I understand it the first time but I not surprise you aren't attend. need to work to cover their betting loses. :rolleyes:

no thankyou. I have no desire to met you at football. I talk you on here and that's it thanks. I will be at all 3 games thanks

Snob! :lol:

https://roverschat.com/preston-north-end-v-rovers-tony-mowbrays-blue-white-army-we-sing-this-song-for-you/

"I noticed a graphic that the Preston North End Twitter account tweeted last week. A picture of Paul Gallagher with the tagline “secure your seat for derby day!” Derby day? What derby day? This is a derby, not the derby. Either that or Preston see us as a bit of a big one now"

Dear god. He's arguing it's not 'derby day' then admitting it is a derby.

It is a local derby and always has been. This is geographically indisputable. The day it is played on is therefore 'derby day'. 

To me this is little more than a geographically close game and to be fair I can’t speak for all Prestonians but the ones I know also see it that way. We have Burnley they have Blackpool. But I would say, like all the local Lancastrian clubs, they all seem have that mid 90s envy of us.

Also living in Clitheroe and places over this way you tend to come across dingles but you rarely see Preston fans but for the rovers fans living/working in places like Chorley, Leyland, etc they will probably never see dingles but see plenty of Preston fans. So for them perhaps it’s a big game. 

Either way all the local clubs will forever live in our shadow and they know it. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17253556.preston-v-rovers-key-battle-predicted-teams-odds-referee/?ref=mac

Sharpe expects Rovers to go with:-

Raya,

Nyambe, Lenihan,  Mulgrew,  Bell,

Smallwood, Evans,

Bennett  Dack Armstrong,

Graham

I'd personally have gone with Williams instead of Bell but that's probably our strongest line-up at present. 

Armstrong and Graham need to start delivering more at the top end of the pitch. Of Mowbray's 'two and a half attackers' only Dack (the half) has contributed much. 

PNE unbeaten in 7 and have scored 4 goals in each of their last two home games. They are favs with the bookies. Very tough game.

Prediction 2-2

Edited by blueboy3333

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17253556.preston-v-rovers-key-battle-predicted-teams-odds-referee/?ref=mac

Sharpe expects Rovers to go with:-

Raya,

Nyambe, Lenihan,  Mulgrew,  Bell,

Smallwood, Evans,

Bennett  Dack Armstrong,

Graham

I'd personally have gone with Williams instead of Bell but that's probably our strongest line-up at present. 

Armstrong and Graham need to start delivering more at the top end of the pitch. Of Mowbray's 'two and a half attackers' only Dack (the half) has contributed much. 

PNE unbeaten in 7 and have scored 4 goals in each of their last two home games. They are favs with the bookies. Very tough game.

Prediction 2-2

Would have Reed in the starting eleven too - instead of Smallwood perhaps. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Would have Reed in the starting eleven too - instead of Smallwood perhaps. 

Possibly but I thought he was poor against Rotherham even before his injury. Rotherham bossed us in midfield 1st half with only Smallwood offering any resistance. We improved massively 2nd half with Bennett in there.