BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bennett signed a new 2 and half years contract

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So Tony stayed to finalise some contract business. 

Sharpe tweeted that Evans probably isn't far away either 

We can look forward to Evans' performances going back to normal imminently then.

Good news regarding Bennett though. Limited ability but he knows what he does well and gives his all in those areas. His attitude and commitment is a shining example to everybody at the club. 

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

We can look forward to Evans' performances going back to normal imminently then.

Good news regarding Bennett though. Limited ability but he knows what he does well and gives his all in those areas. His attitude and commitment is a shining example to everybody at the club. 

I'm hoping Evans improved performances are motivated by Mowbray and the team going well. In fairness he will need to keep them up or he will be dropped with Reed, Rodwell, Bennett, Travis, Tomlinson and Davenport all snapping at his heels. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm hoping Evans improved performances are motivated by Mowbray and the team going well. In fairness he will need to keep them up or he will be dropped with Reed, Rodwell, Bennett, Travis, Tomlinson and Davenport all snapping at his heels. 

I hope you're right. After almost five years of being a total passenger (when not in the treatment room) including large portions of last season, it'll take more than this latest purple patch to convince me that Evans is a reliable long-term investment. I very much hope he does keep it up, though, as the ability in undoubtedly there. It's just a question of motivation. 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hoping that too but I would not be surprised if his standards drop again now the contract is signed. Not overly bothered other than the cost to the club as we are well stocked there anyway.

• Like 2

Wouldn't be the first one. I remember Van Persie a few years ago was average enough for Arsenal, then just before he was out of contract something flipped and he became world class.

I do honestly think there is more too it with Evans. Mowbarys influence cannot be underestimated. We are a bit skeptical because he is almost out of contract and hasn't always played this well, but he would not be the only player who has improved under the manager-they all have. He has had a good run of staying injury free too. He looked good for Northern Ireland last night, far better than Hendrick for the Republic. He actually ran rings around him. 

• Moderation Lead

Like many on here, I’d like him to chip in with more goals and assists from the wing tbh. 

But one thing you can’t fault is his effort, commitment and desire. He plays like his life depends on it and IMO, will go down as a bit of a cult hero from this period in our history. I’m just glad that we’ve got players like him to support that embody the spirit of the club and not the mercenary wasters that we’ve been accustomed to over the last few years!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, arbitro said:

Really good news. Bennett is probably our most consistent performer. He very rarely goes below 7/10 in most people's estimation.

Mulgrew is our most consistent player for me. Bennett has dropped below 7 out of 10 quite a few times recently and at the moment for me isnt doing enough to justify a place either at right back or at the wing in the starting 11.

That said, as long as hes not guaranteed a place every week, this is undoubtedly good news as he is an important player to have and its good to see how much he gives and how much he cares. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mulgrew is our most consistent player for me. Bennett has dropped below 7 out of 10 quite a few times recently and at the moment for me isnt doing enough to justify a place either at right back or at the wing in the starting 11.

That said, as long as hes not guaranteed a place every week, this is undoubtedly good news as he is an important player to have and its good to see how much he gives and how much he cares. 

That's exactly why I said most peoples estimation.

• 10 months later...

Seems he's doing well at Wigan, a rock i've even seen him described as throwing himself into blocks etc. Don't know what happened here but most likely just complacency and too much influence behind the scenes ended in thinking he was undroppable until tail end of last season.

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Seems he's doing well at Wigan, a rock i've even seen him described as throwing himself into blocks etc. Don't know what happened here but most likely just complacency and too much influence behind the scenes ended in thinking he was undroppable until tail end of last season.

Alternatively,standards and expectations might be lower at Wigan; after another defeat last night they look to be facing a relegation battle.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Alternatively,standards and expectations might be lower at Wigan; after another defeat last night they look to be facing a relegation battle.

I'd say more that. They've already conceded almost double the amount we have. I don't think we miss Mulgrew at all.

• Like 1