BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We are playing away to a form team. We have got good results away using that 'negative' formation and players. 

He can play there and has acquitted himself well for the most part.  Your obsession with Bennett is affecting your judgement. He's been a lot better than the full back on the other side of our team and Bennett isn't even a full-back. He will now hopefully resume his position further up the field.

Reed was quite poor in the last home game against Rotherham in CM. They controlled the midfield when he was on the pitch. We missed Evans even though Smallwood had a very good game. There's nothing negative about playing the players who are getting the team results. 

Armstrong has played well but what has he actually delivered as an end product besides the cross that went in a few weeks ago? 

We got the win against Stoke and I appreciate that but I stand by that it would be a negative selection considering the fact that it would leave Armstrong on the bench following a man of the match performance. He would give us a threat on the counter attack and you say what has he delivered in terms of end product, I could in the main throw the same argument to you about Bennett for when he has played wide in the last 18 months.

I agree that the full back on the other side (Bell) has also been poor, which is for me another reason to sign a centre back to ensure that when Mulgrew picks up an injury, it still allows us to still select Williams at left back. That said, I felt that Bennett was very poor against Sheffield United and Swansea in particular in that position and has a reckless tendency to dive in too much that leaves me nervous. In his defence, he is not a full back, he is a midfielder.My point is not that he should be better there, its that we should have a natural right back outside of Nyambe.

Reed was superb centrally v West Brom and against Rotherham his injury affected him for a lot of the first half before he was taken off. Evans would be a definite for me, an alternative I wouldnt mind thats slightly more conservative is Evans and Rodwell with Reed wide and Palmer also making way. I think that would give us stability as well as that bit of added technical ability to hopefully be better from open play and have more chance of controlling the game from midfield rather than be so reliant on long balls and set pieces.

I dont get your comments about me being obsessed with Bennett either, you have said the same about Lenihan. Whilst I do question his attacking output quite a lot, I dont understand why that is frowned upon, but my point about him playing as a right back is the same about Williams and Rodwell playing as centre backs. It makes logical sense to prioritise signings in areas where we lack any sort of depth without moving players from other positions.

Agree with most of that , centre back cover (Bauer possibly) and a new first choice left back ( answers on a post card) are a must , I still feel there's room in the squad for a winger , I would have said Chapman but I think that boat as sailed now , but definately someone like him , a game changer from the bench . Not convinced we need a another striker , not in this window anyway

Edited by AJW

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree on right back. Bennett hasnt been up to it no matter how you dress it up or say "he can play there."

Wouldnt send Palmer back at all, definitely has something to offer. And Brereton should be considered as a striker full stop really, we cant afford the luxury of a 7m striker signed and not even considered for his natural position. 

I wouldn't be sending Palmer back either but I just think that Chelsea won't be happy with the amount of football that he has played and will probably recall him.

• Like 2

Important to look for a centre half, injuries showed just how vulnerable we are there. Lenihan and Mulgrew could do with real competition to avoid complacency. 

I actually don't follow the same logic with right back though. Nyambe looks highly motivated, and I don't see why Bennett is getting so much flak for his time filling in there. He and Reed are adequate short term cover (Travis too - even if we loan him out we could recall) and they themselves have enough competition in their natural positions that we can afford to relocate them temporarily...I just can't see us signing a right back who can truly compete with the excellent Nyambe but may well sit on the bench all season if Nyambe doesn't get any more injuries. Unless we get lucky with the scouting, that would probably be a bigger financial burden than it would be worth. Mulgrew and Lenihan however, are injury prone.

We also need a striker, that should be obvious. Maybe not if Brereton gets used there, but we will see. That should become clearer by late December. We might still need a Graham-type to compete with and back Graham up anyway, as Big Ben seems a different sort of striker.

However, for me one of the biggest priorities should be (secretively) scouting a replacement for Dack. I'm hopeful we can keep him until the summer, but the truth is it's possible we will lose him in Jan. If we do, it will then become our most urgent recruitment priority by far. We would get a lot of money to do so but I wouldn't want to choose the replacement at short notice. It won't be anybody as good, but it'd still be vital we get as good as we can.

A nice extra would be a Chapman type (maybe not Chapman anymore unless he's super cheap in wages and fee, as his injuries have gotten ridiculous). However, with the way Mowbray plays, and our 'wide' options, I don't think it's going to be any kind of priority.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'd like to sign easy e from qpr. Fits the current model. He's young, quick, can hold the ball up and drive on at players. He will also shoot from outside the box. He's got abit of everything. He's still very raw and nowhere near the finished article but he could prove to be a good addition at this level with potential to grow and have a sell on value to the club.  Then off to reading to bring mou Barrow back. Cheers tony

I saw a striker at Celtic called Eduardo who looks a real player. Only saw him in one game on some extended highlights so maybe the Scottish contingent on this board can confirm if he's decent or tell me I'm talking shite. Don't no how realistic he would be as a target , maybe I'm being to optimistic with that one but I'd still be interested to know what regular spl watchers thought of him

no chance can we afford any of them. I wouldn't be bringing any SPL players either. Don't believe their standard is good enough for mid table Championship football

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

A mainline CF is what we need. Someone to directly challenge DG in terms of that role. If they can get Brereton ticking then fair enough. They could then look at another wide attacker (TM doesn’t play with wingers). Otherwise go for a Gestede, Woods (It’ll never happen) type. Che Adams would be fantastic! 

At this current stage I can’t see us signing a CB. We have Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams and Rodwell (who TM sees as a CB) with Downing as cover. I think that upgrade would happen next season.

If you’re talking about evolution then what you do is see what’s available. If it’s affordable and far better than what you already have then sign them. To me, Dack is probably the only player we are incapable of replacing purely because we’d have to spend a fortune to do so.

I think we will sign Bauer in January if he is allow to leave Charlton. 

Gestede and Wood wages are far too much for us as the article says above there is wage cap in place and make sure we don't over spend on wages like we did when we sign Best, Etuhu, Murphy and Rhodes, Gomes

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

We need 3-4 for players.

A Right Back is needed, Bennett's performances when Nyambe was injured showed that he was not adequate backup.

We are short at centre back and signing one would also allow Rodwell to play further forward. Also Mowbray clearly doesn't see Downing as being up to it at this level.

A pacey winger in the Chapman mode. Although not Chapman (too many injuries). Hunter at Fleetwood, Lowe at Portsmouth or Anderson at Lincoln would fit the mould. I also wouldn't be surprised if Palmer went back to Chelsea.

And if Mowbray isn't going to use Brereton upfront then we need to bring someone it to challenge Graham.

we don't need 3 or 4 players in. 

Bennett has done fine at Right back even tho I prefer Nyambe there. 

Brereton last 2 performances up front has show Mowbray he is a striker now

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

That's your opinion (not a statement of fact) my opinion is that we do need 3-4 players. 

You think Bennett has done fine a right back I don't and the simple fact is it is not his position. Look at the two games we have lost recently against Swansea and Sheffield United Bennett was abysmal in both.

As for Brereton if you read my post properly you would have seen I said 'IF Mowbray isn't going to use Brereton upfront then we need to bring someone in to challenge Graham'. Now the simple fact of the matter is that neither me or you (no matter what you claim) know whether Mowbray now sees Brereton as an alternative to Graham, if he does then fine we don't need another striker but if he sees Brereton as better wide still then we need another striker. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We got the win against Stoke and I appreciate that but I stand by that it would be a negative selection considering the fact that it would leave Armstrong on the bench following a man of the match performance. He would give us a threat on the counter attack and you say what has he delivered in terms of end product, I could in the main throw the same argument to you about Bennett for when he has played wide in the last 18 months.

I agree that the full back on the other side (Bell) has also been poor, which is for me another reason to sign a centre back to ensure that when Mulgrew picks up an injury, it still allows us to still select Williams at left back. That said, I felt that Bennett was very poor against Sheffield United and Swansea in particular in that position and has a reckless tendency to dive in too much that leaves me nervous. In his defence, he is not a full back, he is a midfielder.My point is not that he should be better there, its that we should have a natural right back outside of Nyambe.

Reed was superb centrally v West Brom and against Rotherham his injury affected him for a lot of the first half before he was taken off. Evans would be a definite for me, an alternative I wouldnt mind thats slightly more conservative is Evans and Rodwell with Reed wide and Palmer also making way. I think that would give us stability as well as that bit of added technical ability to hopefully be better from open play and have more chance of controlling the game from midfield rather than be so reliant on long balls and set pieces.

I dont get your comments about me being obsessed with Bennett either, you have said the same about Lenihan. Whilst I do question his attacking output quite a lot, I dont understand why that is frowned upon, but my point about him playing as a right back is the same about Williams and Rodwell playing as centre backs. It makes logical sense to prioritise signings in areas where we lack any sort of depth without moving players from other positions.

Bennett and Armstrong are 2 different types of wide players and you have to take them into account and what each player gives you. 

Its very important that you have players who can play 2 or 3 positions within the team and during games. Players like Reed, Rodwell, Williams, Bennett and Rothwell

Just now, bluebruce said:

We also need a striker, that should be obvious. Maybe not if Brereton gets used there, but we will see. That should become clearer by late December. We might still need a Graham-type to compete with and back Graham up anyway, as Big Ben seems a different sort of striker.

However, for me one of the biggest priorities should be (secretively) scouting a replacement for Dack. I'm hopeful we can keep him until the summer, but the truth is it's possible we will lose him in Jan. If we do, it will then become our most urgent recruitment priority by far. We would get a lot of money to do so but I wouldn't want to choose the replacement at short notice. It won't be anybody as good, but it'd still be vital we get as good as we can.

I think Mowbray will have one eye on a Graham type replacement in the summer depending whether Graham will continue next season here. 

on a Dack replacement? very tough and possible impossible to sign a like for like replacement. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I really hope that isnt the midfield against Preston, thats incredibly negative. Armstrong surely has to play, and I like to see Palmer on the other side. Not sure Bennett can justify a starting place based on recent form, and Reed should play in his best position, driving the team from there alongside Evans.

I dont get that mentality at all. We dont need a centre back, even though our 2 back ups are a left back and a central midfielder. Not only are they naturally going to be slightly less effective out of position, but they surely will be needed in their natural positions, especially Williams with Bell appearing to be not really up to it.

That should surely be above the priority list of a position where we have Armstrong, Palmer and Rothwell all fighting for a place.

Totally agree on right back. Bennett hasnt been up to it no matter how you dress it up or say "he can play there."

Wouldnt send Palmer back at all, definitely has something to offer. And Brereton should be considered as a striker full stop really, we cant afford the luxury of a 7m striker signed and not even considered for his natural position. 

Bennett has been more than good enough at Right back. 

On the centre back thing, Its depends how Mowbray sees Williams and Rodwell. Mowbray has said he sees Rodwell as a centre back and Williams has lots pf games as centre back and I think suits centre back role more if we are at home as Bell is more attacking full back. 

For me, Bennett is the 3rd name on the team sheet every week after Mulgrew and Dack. I don't see Reed and Bennett as incredibly negative either. Clearly you thought this against Stoke when we won there and both players played brilliant. I would be playing Bennett on the right wing with Armstrong on the left wing against Preston with Reed and either Evans or Smallwood depending on Evans fitness. I wouldn't be playing Palmer from the start in this game 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Now the simple fact of the matter is that neither me or you (no matter what you claim) know whether Mowbray now sees Brereton as an alternative to Graham, if he does then fine we don't need another striker but if he sees Brereton as better wide still then we need another striker. 

It's difficult to read much into what Mogga says sometimes. He said Nuttall wasn't ready last season then played him a couple of weeks later when he was desperate. Judging by what he has said of BB so far it doesn't seem like he see's him as a viable alternative to DG just yet. If DG gets injured though he won't really have a choice unless he goes with Dack or AA. 

I agree we need another striker.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no chance can we afford any of them. I wouldn't be bringing any SPL players either. Don't believe their standard is good enough for mid table Championship football

We get 20 million for dack I'm confident we could afford mo Barrow. Like you say we don't no what the budget is. If they can spend 7 million on an unproven substitute then who knows what they are or are not willing to shell out

Mginn looks the business at villa

Edited by Oldgregg86

You could but where did both goals come from?

Down the side that Bennett was marking two men. The 2nd goal was hilarious. Mogga shouted at Dack to move away from the right wing where he was marking their left back. Ball goes out to unmarked full back who crosses for their 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

We get 20 million for dack I'm confident we could afford mo Barrow. Like you say we don't no what the budget is. If they can spend 7 million on an unproven substitute then who knows what they are or are not willing to shell out

Mcginn looks the business at villa

I miss Barrow name. I would be happy with his signing but I would look at Burke from WBA. 

On McGinn, I would judge over a full season. 

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That's your opinion (not a statement of fact) my opinion is that we do need 3-4 players. 

You think Bennett has done fine a right back I don't and the simple fact is it is not his position. Look at the two games we have lost recently against Swansea and Sheffield United Bennett was abysmal in both.

As for Brereton if you read my post properly you would have seen I said 'IF Mowbray isn't going to use Brereton upfront then we need to bring someone in to challenge Graham'. Now the simple fact of the matter is that neither me or you (no matter what you claim) know whether Mowbray now sees Brereton as an alternative to Graham, if he does then fine we don't need another striker but if he sees Brereton as better wide still then we need another striker. 

Every single player was shocking poor against Sheffield United who were at their best against us and man mark Dack out of the game. 

I see Bennett has a player who can play 3 roles in this side and very well in these position. For me, He starts every game. 

Every single player was shocking poor against Sheffield United who were at their best against us and man mark Dack out of the game. 

I see Bennett has a player who can play 3 roles in this side and very well in these position. For me, He starts every game. 

Where did both goals come from against Sheffield United? You ignore the fact that he was abysmal in the game we lost at Swansea. At Bristol City we were 2-1 down and within 15 minutes of Bennett at right back we were 4-1 down. There is a common theme in all 3 games that we have lost Bennett has started 2 of them at right back and in the other one he played the majority of the second half there. Coincidence? 

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gestede and Wood wages are far too much for us as the article says above there is wage cap in place and make sure we don't over spend on wages like we did when we sign Best, Etuhu, Murphy and Rhodes, Gomes

Chaddy, it isn't sounding like you want us to sign anyone? Everyone is apparently out of our price range (like 7 million pound strikers are) or not good enough because they play in Scotland (like Mulgrew and Tugay).

• Like 2

Where did both goals come from against Sheffield United? You ignore the fact that he was abysmal in the game we lost at Swansea. At Bristol City we were 2-1 down and within 15 minutes of Bennett at right back we were 4-1 down. There is a common theme in all 3 games that we have lost Bennett has started 2 of them at right back and in the other one he played the majority of the second half there. Coincidence? 

Im already address this already..

So its Bennett fault now? 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Chaddy, it isn't sounding like you want us to sign anyone? Everyone is apparently out of our price range (like 7 million pound strikers are) or not good enough because they play in Scotland (like Mulgrew and Tugay).

Ive suggested the 2 players I think/want us to sign. 

Burke from WBA(my choice) and Bauer from Charlton.who Mowbray tried to sign in summer

23 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's difficult to read much into what Mogga says sometimes. He said Nuttall wasn't ready last season then played him a couple of weeks later when he was desperate.

True. Same for Rodwell.

On the other hand, sometimes he says he is ready to unleash a player (Rothwell) then does no such thing for several weeks.

I've no problem with this. Sometimes you have to be willing to change your opinion, or adapt.

16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bennett is top of our assists table with 2 this season, alongside Dack and Graham. 

Bar Dack and Graham (who himself should be on double the goals tally hes sat on) I don't think any of our other players can really say that they have contributed significantly going forward to be honest. 2 assists and 0 goals is not impressive, albeit my comment was more aimed at his stats in League 1, the fact that 2 assists makes him our joint most creative player makes sense when coupled with the very low number of goals scored from open play that you highlighted after the Rotherham game. I feel like Armstrong has been particularly poor this season, bar a couple of very impressive performances recently, and his goals/assists tally is well short. Palmer has 3 goals, 1 in the League, Rothwell nothing, but both could point to a lack of playing time, as could Brereton. I dont feel like weve stumbled across the best attacking formula at the moment, with Dacks incredible goal/assist tally a godsend at the moment. I think Mowbray needs to start being braver and more trusting with his selections at times (he was v Rotherham and it was only horrendous finishing that caused us to drop points really) and also I feel like our attacking players do hold much of the responsibility themselves.

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Important to look for a centre half, injuries showed just how vulnerable we are there. Lenihan and Mulgrew could do with real competition to avoid complacency. 

I actually don't follow the same logic with right back though. Nyambe looks highly motivated, and I don't see why Bennett is getting so much flak for his time filling in there. He and Reed are adequate short term cover (Travis too - even if we loan him out we could recall) and they themselves have enough competition in their natural positions that we can afford to relocate them temporarily...I just can't see us signing a right back who can truly compete with the excellent Nyambe but may well sit on the bench all season if Nyambe doesn't get any more injuries. Unless we get lucky with the scouting, that would probably be a bigger financial burden than it would be worth. Mulgrew and Lenihan however, are injury prone.

A nice extra would be a Chapman type (maybe not Chapman anymore unless he's super cheap in wages and fee, as his injuries have gotten ridiculous). However, with the way Mowbray plays, and our 'wide' options, I don't think it's going to be any kind of priority.

Nyambe is undoubtedly our first choice in that position, something I am very happy with, but has just missed a chunk of games through injury, not for the first time. I think the consensus of those giving the "flak" about Bennett are more aiming their comments about the fact that he is very much filling in, he is not a full back, and a lack of natural cover for Nyambe means that not only does it leave Bennett in a position he is for some a bit of a liability in, but he is taken away from playing in midfield where he is best.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A bit of a pompous comment, yes the SPL in general is pretty poor but if Celtic came into the Championship I suspect they would win it. Rangers would more than hold their own too, and there are players beneath that (McKenna at Aberdeen to name one) who could more than hold their own. You overestimate the quality of the Championship.

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Agreed. I also suspect that Williams and Rodwell would also not be effective fill ins at centre back for more than a solitary game or two. Williams made a horrendous error at West Brom that we were incredibly fortunate to see missed by Rodriguez, and Rodwell wasnt tested v Rotherham but hes not a centre back. plus I'd like to see him in midfield give us a more technically capable alternative to Smallwood.

Bennett and Armstrong are 2 different types of wide players and you have to take them into account and what each player gives you. 

Its very important that you have players who can play 2 or 3 positions within the team and during games. Players like Reed, Rodwell, Williams, Bennett and Rothwell

I think Mowbray will have one eye on a Graham type replacement in the summer depending whether Graham will continue next season here. 

on a Dack replacement? very tough and possible impossible to sign a like for like replacement. 

Bennett has been more than good enough at Right back. 

On the centre back thing, Its depends how Mowbray sees Williams and Rodwell. Mowbray has said he sees Rodwell as a centre back and Williams has lots pf games as centre back and I think suits centre back role more if we are at home as Bell is more attacking full back. 

For me, Bennett is the 3rd name on the team sheet every week after Mulgrew and Dack. I don't see Reed and Bennett as incredibly negative either. Clearly you thought this against Stoke when we won there and both players played brilliant. I would be playing Bennett on the right wing with Armstrong on the left wing against Preston with Reed and either Evans or Smallwood depending on Evans fitness. I wouldn't be playing Palmer from the start in this game 

I understand what they both do, but they are both playing in the same position. I dont think that being defensively willing is enough to guarantee someone a start in an attacking role, they have to  I don't think any of the players we have played wide this season have contributed enough in an attacking sense, something I have explained in detail above.

I also understand about versatility and its a good skill to have. Especially mid game where you obviously dont have all the players in your squad available when you want to change something up, or if you have a couple of injuries in one position. But I also appreciate that players play best in their natural positions. Square pegs in square holes where possible.

Bennett hasnt been "more than good enough" at right back, in mine and clearly some others opinion. He was really poor in our last 2 defeats, and dives in too often and is prone to being caught out of position. 

The whole point is not about criticising Bennett as a right back or Rodwell and Williams at centre back. They arent naturals in that area, they can fill in for a game but you dont want them there for a prolonged period. The point is, in a transfer window, it surely makes no sense to prioritise signings in other positions when we are short of NATURAL depth in 2 key areas.

It worked against Stoke I acknowledged earlier. But in general I think that I would understand one of them being on one side, but I would like at least one of Armstrong, Palmer and Rothwell in the side, if not two.

Aside from your cliches about Bennett being "the third name on the team sheet" (weve been through how Raya, Lenihan and Nyambe are surely more important based on alternatives in their position but forgetting that for a moment) Bennett should NOT be guaranteed a place. He offers so much to the team, but you cant make such statements regardless of form.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stop being pedantic and winding people up. The point is not that Bennett is necessarily at fault. Its that he is not a right back in the first place, and hes only playing there because we only have 1, who was injured, which will happen at times.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burke from WBA(my choice) and Bauer from Charlton.who Mowbray tried to sign in summer

Oli Burke, the player who cost West Brom £15m? Whose being unrealistic again?

Edited by roversfan99

It's not Bennett's fault he is just simply not a full back. If Nyambe got a season ending injury tomorrow then Bennett is not in my opinion a viable option to be playing nearly 30 games there you can get away with him filling in for a few games but he's not an answer long term if we are looking to push for top 10. We brought in competition/cover for Williams at left back why not do it right back?

West Brom paid £15 million for Burke. He's still only 21 so well out of our price range

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:
30 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I miss Barrow name. I would be happy with his signing but I would look at Burke from WBA. 

On McGinn, I would judge over a full season. 

Burke would be more expensive than eze or Barrow. Mginn has been a stand out player for villa this season, I'd be surprised if his performances drop to such a level you can question should Scottish players be signed for the championship

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My apologies, seems I missed the Bauer one. You hadn't suggested Burke yet, that was a later post I hadn't read yet.

Burke is likely to cost a hell of a lot. More than the others you said we couldn't afford I think. He cost WBA 15 million, and is only 21.

Bauer is someone we will be looking at...though he still has the knee injury from a couple of months ago. I heard he wasn't playing all that well before it (head turned maybe). Charlton wanted 2 mill in the summer and are in the top 6 at the mo. Reckon they will ask for a million still in Jan, but may settle at somewhere around the 750k mark. They did pay 1.5 million for him themselves and have shown they'll be stubborn over his value.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Bar Dack and Graham (who himself should be on double the goals tally hes sat on) I don't think any of our other players can really say that they have contributed significantly going forward to be honest. 2 assists and 0 goals is not impressive, albeit my comment was more aimed at his stats in League 1, the fact that 2 assists makes him our joint most creative player makes sense when coupled with the very low number of goals scored from open play that you highlighted after the Rotherham game. I feel like Armstrong has been particularly poor this season, bar a couple of very impressive performances recently, and his goals/assists tally is well short. Palmer has 3 goals, 1 in the League, Rothwell nothing, but both could point to a lack of playing time, as could Brereton. I dont feel like weve stumbled across the best attacking formula at the moment, with Dacks incredible goal/assist tally a godsend at the moment. I think Mowbray needs to start being braver and more trusting with his selections at times (he was v Rotherham and it was only horrendous finishing that caused us to drop points really) and also I feel like our attacking players do hold much of the responsibility themselves.

I agree with most of that. We are not very good at creating chances from open play at home. In fact very are very poor. We didn't even create many against Rotherham, instead we wasted countless good opportunities and good positions. We rarely get more than 1 or 2 people in the box so the crosses that go in invariably go to waste. That's why Bennett is not the problem. The system is the problem. However, that system stops us getting hit on the counter at home more often than not. Mowbray has mentioned a few times that not conceding on the break at home is always a consideration. Remember the goal against Forest when they went from one end of the ground to the other in about 8 seconds? He sets up to stop that when he can. 

We are better at home when we can stop quality opposition playing (Leeds, Brentford). We struggle when we have to force the play (Rotherham, Millwall, Reading etc)

Our league position suggests Mowbray is winning the argument though at the moment. If we went for it more we might get undone more. 

• Like 1