BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He should have started the games that Graham was deemed unfit to do so, he should be second in line in my opinion. 

My points are not based on any expectations of him scoring goal after goal like Rhodes did. My main point is not based around the amount of game time he has played, although it has been less than I would have liked. It is based on how he has been used. I expected him to be number 2 behind Graham and to be slowly phased into that position, playing at first when Graham is tiring or unavailable. 

You mention my gripe on positional use and imply that I would moan regardless but that is unfair. I agree he should be eased in, and from the start Graham and Dack were the key partnership. But I feel that shoehorning in Dack (or Palmer) as a number 9 requires far more of a tactical adjustment than playing a striker with experiencing of playing as a lone striker at this level, with someone playing off him.

Whilst I think that spending so much on someone not ready made is a potentially valid point, his age isnt irrelevant and you have to appreciate that he will improve over time. Constantly namedropping Mbappe (a world class player) just belittles your own point. I am not sure where the suggestions have come from that he lacks the bottle to handle the big money fee either.

Mowbray has been critiqued at length just as anyone else would for the signing of Brereton (correctly IMO) so youve just put that last line in to try and provoke reactions, which I'm sure you will manage to do.

Sorry, it doesn't belittle the point.  The point is that there are many, many players of 19 or less playing very successfully in Leagues 1 & 2, the Championship, the PL, Ligue 1, La Liga, Bundesliga, Champions League, World Cup etc.  Some cost next to nothing, some cost big, big money.  The simple fact is that they are good enough to be playing at those levels irrespective of their tender age and irrespective of how much they cost.

We have signed a 19 year old for big money, by Rovers' standards, and by virtue of the fact he has yet to start a league game for Rovers, one can only assume he isn't good enough as Mowbray hasn't selected him.  All this business about easing him in, letting him understand the way Mowbray wants Rovers to play is, IMV, utter cr@p.

The last point is not there to provoke reaction.  It's a simple fact that if Coyley had committed the club to a £7million deal and sat the player on the bench and not started him in a league game with the season's half way point in sight, he would have been absolutely, metaphorically, murdered.

Any player we sign in a £7million, or £multi million deal, should be a game changer for Rovers taking us up several performance levels.  Shearer was signed for that reason and we all know how he delivered.  I am not comparing Brereton to Shearer but relatively, Brereton should be our game changer and not sat on a bloody bench.

Edited by Mercer

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

No. It looks like a straight-forward case of Mowbray not wanting to give a 19 year-old with a big price tag on his shoulders a baptism of fire, instead gently easing him into the team - rightly or wrongly. I suppose we have to remember that Brereton is only 19.

and has already played in over 50 Championship matches in the previous one and a half seasons

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sorry, it doesn't belittle the point.  The point is that there are many, many players of 19 or less playing very successfully in Leagues 1 & 2, the Championship, the PL, Ligue 1, La Liga, Bundesliga, Champions League, World Cup etc.  Some cost next to nothing, some cost big, big money.  The simple fact is that they are good enough to be playing at those levels irrespective of their tender age and irrespective of how much they cost.

We have signed a 19 year old for big money, by Rovers' standards, and by virtue of the fact he has yet to start a league game for Rovers, one can only assume he isn't good enough as Mowbray hasn't selected him.  All this business about easing him in, letting him understand the way Mowbray wants Rovers to play is, IMV, utter cr@p.

The last point is not there to provoke reaction.  It's a simple fact that if Coyley had committed the club to a £7million deal and sat the player on the bench and not started him in a league game with the season's half way point in sight, he would have been absolutely, metaphorically, murdered.

Any player we sign in a £7million, or £multi million deal, should be a game changer for Rovers taking us up several performance levels.  Shearer was signed for that reason and we all know how he delivered.  I am not comparing Brereton to Shearer but relatively, Brereton should be our game changer and not sat on a bloody bench.

7 million.... Let that sink in.

Wolves got Bonatoni on a loan from a KSA club last year - 24 goals.

Forest signed a Portuguese lad 13 million on drip this summer, how’s he done for comparison? He was brought in which pushed Bereton down the NFFC pecking order, Nicki reckons Bereton was hawked round by an agent?

Villa got a Kodjia for 12, A Hogan for 10, Birmingham signed Che Wilson for about 2, Norwich paid 2 million for a loan for Rhodes, Maupay bought for 3 million for Brentford.

Given those examples and Rovers financial straits who the hell pays 7m for an unknown kid and who can’t get 90 mins?

It was lazy scouting, poor judgement and we’ve bought what looks a turkey. More concerned at Mowbray, he can’t seem to coach strikers. Graham struggling, Gallagher stunted on loan after a decent scoring run.

Coyle signed a Gallagher on the back of a poor Mk dons loan for pennies.

The was value in the market and we’ve not got. it most certainly certainly is not the time to value manage. A bad striker buy for 7 million which meant no money for other signatures could stunt the growth of this club I.e a season of nowhere. A good 7 million spent in the right areas might get you a sneaky play off push, and a chance of the promotion lotto.

Sign areas you need in the hope of increasing their value marginally but a play off lotto 138 million ticket. Bear in mind the Bereton fee will be split and it’s only one smaller wage as opposed to multiple players.

Or

Lumber in the second division making the odd 10 million or so on a player but having to use that up to cover Rovers losses of 10 million per season at this level.

Look at PNE despite taunts of Plastic they owe Hemmings 78 million....

My opinion? This season is the most open championship we will see for years and we’ve messed up. Poor choice by TM and I think he’s got it all to do this year.

1st year relegation

2nd year promotion way off wigan

3rd decent start but struggling with last minute goals and lots to play.

I would hold of a new contract in honest for Mowbray.

Edited by Scotland1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

The last point is not there to provoke reaction.  It's a simple fact that if Coyle had committed the club to a £7million deal and sat the player on the bench and not started him in a league game with the season's half way point in sight, he would have been absolutely, metaphorically, murdered.

So why not mention any of those in for example the Championship, rather than constantly mentioning one of the best players in the world?

Age is a factor, and you have to appreciate his age, and the fact that he is always going to be someone to develop at that age. On the flip side, the situation seemed perfect in that we have an ageing but very experienced, effective and knowledgeable striker already in the team who in theory could slowly be eased out, with Brereton learning from him in the meantime, and snapping at his heels desperate to take his place for as many games as possible, as soon as possible.

I suspect that your expectations of him are too high, in that you see to have expected him to be the game changer straight away, which his price tag may justify, but his credentials etc perhaps dont. That being said, many seemingly have expectations that are far too low of him. Theres no way that we can have the luxury of such an expensive player ONLY for the future. He has to offer something now, we understand he will improve but he has to and can offer a lot now. Some people seem to have lost sight about the fact that Brereton has played over 50 Championship games, mainly and most impressively as a central striker. He isnt a youth player.

He has shown very small glimmers, he played more centrally v QPR and Rotherham and looked better when he was in central areas, he looks clumsy when he moves wide and it removes any semblence of a physical presence in the box. I had hoped that these cameos would have made it clear to Mowbray that he belongs centrally, but following the quotes he made during the international break about him, and also on Saturday when we needed a goal and Brereton was only the third choice sub, dumped wide again, has removed that hope.

Use of the name Coyle is to provoke a reaction, but my point is that Mowbray has been criticised plenty about the Brereton situation, so lets not pretend that Mowbray is getting off free of criticism.

I would agree had you suggested that he should be starting more games or playing more minutes than he is, but my expectations are lower, in that if I could see him pushing Graham, eased in but clearly with the intention of one day dislodging him, then I would understand.

• Like 2

Its the pressure, we havnt been in a position where we are 2-0 up at 60 mins and he can go up top and express himself knowing the game has been put to bed already, imagine what being rushed in to the team and not perfprming would have done to his confidence, now is the prefect time to put him in, hell be able to handle the pressure now cuz he isnt new anymore and hes had the time to bed in.

Just now, adz4d2 said:

Its the pressure, we havnt been in a position where we are 2-0 up at 60 mins and he can go up top and express himself knowing the game has been put to bed already, imagine what being rushed in to the team and not perfprming would have done to his confidence, now is the prefect time to put him in, hell be able to handle the pressure now cuz he isnt new anymore and hes had the time to bed in.

I’d put him in it at Wigan from the start. No Dunkley only Burn with height due to play. If Bereton has the target man and feet combo it could be his game.

Edited by Scotland1

Just now, adz4d2 said:

I doubt that occasional cameos in a wide role are great for his confidence either. Theres no way anyone can come in on the luxury of playing when we are a couple of goals up. This is a player with over 50 games of Championship experience. There are no suggestion that he cannot handle the pressure.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I doubt that occasional cameos in a wide role are great for his confidence either. Theres no way anyone can come in on the luxury of playing when we are a couple of goals up. This is a player with over 50 games of Championship experience. There are no suggestion that he cannot handle the pressure.

Very true, must be something aside from just football then, maybe its effort level maybe attitude in training there is a reason and tge only man who can really answer that is TM, he aint stupid and is an excellent man manager, look at how he has got tge best outa the same players that coyle coudnt get to hit a barn door, i for 1 trust his judgement and whatever his decisions its for the good of the team, clib and player. Definitley exciting times ahead, another positive from this is that the owners have that much trust in him that they have let him spend 7 mil on a player and not pressured him to play him straight away, at the minuite he is still laying the foundations for the club to be successful for the next decade let alone just this year or the next. If we look at most of the players he has brought in in terms of their ages, they are all young and hungry and the work around the acadamy he has put in keeping it a tier 1 when they didn't have to, its all points at longevity. We as fans need to remain level headed, calm and trust in his methods he has already done more in 19 months than the last umteen managers in all their time since venkys took over.

• Backroom

It's not the fans who need to remain level headed and calm, it's the owners. Anybody looking long term is very much ignoring the elephant(s) in the room I'm afraid. As long as these idiots are in charge of our club I can barely look past the end of the month with any confidence.

Kind of transfer related...

Does anyone else think we should be bringing Scott Wharton back in January and giving him game time in our U23s?

A loan may have been the right move at the time but it hasn’t worked out as he isn’t playing.

Our U23s are getting walloped every week against a higher standard of player/team than we faced last year.

Surely he would get more out of playing against PL2 Div 1 sides than benched (and some weeks not even on the bench) for Lincoln.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, adz4d2 said:

Very true, must be something aside from just football then, maybe its effort level maybe attitude in training there is a reason and tge only man who can really answer that is TM, he aint stupid and is an excellent man manager, look at how he has got tge best outa the same players that coyle coudnt get to hit a barn door, i for 1 trust his judgement and whatever his decisions its for the good of the team, clib and player. Definitley exciting times ahead, another positive from this is that the owners have that much trust in him that they have let him spend 7 mil on a player and not pressured him to play him straight away, at the minuite he is still laying the foundations for the club to be successful for the next decade let alone just this year or the next. If we look at most of the players he has brought in in terms of their ages, they are all young and hungry and the work around the acadamy he has put in keeping it a tier 1 when they didn't have to, its all points at longevity. We as fans need to remain level headed, calm and trust in his methods he has already done more in 19 months than the last umteen managers in all their time since venkys took over.

I don't trust his current judgement on Brereton in that what I see with my own eyes seems to suggest that this judgement is flawed. Especially when quotes about Brereton not being physically capable of playing as a central striker are coupled with playing diminutive attacking midfielders there.

I don't think it can be possibly attributed to potential effort or attitude as to why he is played wide rather than central.

This is a messageboard for us to discuss our opinions and thoughts, so not really interested in platitudes about trusting and remaining calm.

You mention him getting the best out of players, there are a few notably Dack, (up until playing him up front) Nyambe, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Raya etc that he has got more out of than previously or has notably improved them. Mowbray deserves credit for that. On Brereton, he warrants criticism.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

So why not mention any of those in for example the Championship, rather than constantly mentioning one of the best players in the world?

Age is a factor, and you have to appreciate his age, and the fact that he is always going to be someone to develop at that age. On the flip side, the situation seemed perfect in that we have an ageing but very experienced, effective and knowledgeable striker already in the team who in theory could slowly be eased out, with Brereton learning from him in the meantime, and snapping at his heels desperate to take his place for as many games as possible, as soon as possible.

I suspect that your expectations of him are too high, in that you see to have expected him to be the game changer straight away, which his price tag may justify, but his credentials etc perhaps dont. That being said, many seemingly have expectations that are far too low of him. Theres no way that we can have the luxury of such an expensive player ONLY for the future. He has to offer something now, we understand he will improve but he has to and can offer a lot now. Some people seem to have lost sight about the fact that Brereton has played over 50 Championship games, mainly and most impressively as a central striker. He isnt a youth player.

He has shown very small glimmers, he played more centrally v QPR and Rotherham and looked better when he was in central areas, he looks clumsy when he moves wide and it removes any semblence of a physical presence in the box. I had hoped that these cameos would have made it clear to Mowbray that he belongs centrally, but following the quotes he made during the international break about him, and also on Saturday when we needed a goal and Brereton was only the third choice sub, dumped wide again, has removed that hope.

Use of the name Coyle is to provoke a reaction, but my point is that Mowbray has been criticised plenty about the Brereton situation, so lets not pretend that Mowbray is getting off free of criticism.

I would agree had you suggested that he should be starting more games or playing more minutes than he is, but my expectations are lower, in that if I could see him pushing Graham, eased in but clearly with the intention of one day dislodging him, then I would understand.

Is that not exactly what’s happening?

34 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Kind of transfer related...

Does anyone else think we should be bringing Scott Wharton back in January and giving him game time in our U23s?

A loan may have been the right move at the time but it hasn’t worked out as he isn’t playing.

Our U23s are getting walloped every week against a higher standard of player/team than we faced last year.

Surely he would get more out of playing against PL2 Div 1 sides than benched (and some weeks not even on the bench) for Lincoln.

If he’s not playing then definitely needs to be recalled and either playing in the U23’s or loaned again (If there are any takers)

1 hour ago, adz4d2 said:

I don't think Brereton is TM's signing. If you look at it that way, it all makes more sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'm well aware of Mowbray's comments. That doesn't prevent me questioning the logic behind signing someone who he doesn't think is ready to play, especially when the player in question was by far our most expensive signing and cost more than we've spent in years.

I don't think we or anyone else in this league can afford to spend time waiting for players to get ready or develop. All this 'one for the future' stuff is boring. The only aim should be to get promoted asap, not sign players who take 6 months to get up to speed.

so if you are aware of his comments then why question the logic when the answers are already. 

I'm getting very bored of you keep comparing us and Mowbray to other clubs. 

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, face up to it, we all drop clangers from time to time whether it's in our personal lives or our working lives.

You should not be trying to defend Mowbray.

Mowbray should have the balls to tell the fans just what the feck is going on with Brereton.  Did he personally scout him, was it his decision to sign him, why commit to a £7million deal when we've gaping holes in our squad, why not play him.  I think Mowbray's stance on this one is unfathomable.  IMV, there is something not right here.

I don't know your circumstances but if you went out and blew £20,000 on a car and there was no food in your house nor clothes on your kids' backs, your wife or partner would be fully entitled to play merry hell with you.

speak for yourself Mercer. 

I will defend Mowbray whenever I want thankyou

Brereton already told you and the fans about Brereton and the way he has use him since signing. 

something isn't right here? love another conspiracy theory. Maybe you need to met Jesse Venture and get him to investigate what going on here. :lol:

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

All of those comments are the standard claptrap that any manager comes out with when he signs either a young or an expensive player, or both in Breretons case. They dont explain the illogical way that he has been used, and totally dismissed as a player in his natural position despite a lack of alternative to Graham.

Did Mowbray say or did you say that signing Brereton was too good an opportunity to miss out on? Such an attitude may explain why he seemingly doesnt know how to use him properly.

You have many times aired your thoughts that you disagree with Mowbrays treatment of Brereton so youve no need to defend him if that is the case.

I dont think most managers would spend the vast majority of their budget on a player that they still havent started in late November. Its a fair point, its an individual point that you have childishly lashed out at in your second paragraph. 

Yes you could say that but then we could say the say about this messageboard. 

well I said Mowbray said this. We already know the circumstances he became available. 

no I haven't lashed out but posted my feelings and I'm getting very bored with posters keep comparing us to other clubs. Wish people would stop it

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

so if you are aware of his comments then why question the logic when the answers are already. 

Brereton already told you and the fans about Brereton and the way he has use him since signing. 

something isn't right here? love another conspiracy theory. Maybe you need to met Jesse Venture and get him to investigate what going on here. :lol:

well I said Mowbray said this. We already know the circumstances he became available. 

no I haven't lashed out but posted my feelings and I'm getting very bored with posters keep comparing us to other clubs. Wish people would stop it

Fair do's. I happen to believe Mowbray can be questioned and criticised. Just because he's done/is doing a good job doesn't mean we should all shut up and blindly accept everything he says as being gospel truth and beyond question.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biz said:

There is plenty of logic to it, it’s just a few people aren’t prepared to accept other viewpoints - ironically even the opinion of our own manager and backroom team.

Also vast majority is an echo of JHRs assumption. When we’ve nothing to spend in January should we need it, perhaps then you’ll be more justified on that aspect

Agree Biz. I think you make good points. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He may be the manager but that doesnt mean that we should always agree with him, or even that he is always right.

I stand by my assertion that Brereton should be at least in contention to start games, and crucially that he is not being used correctly by playing fleeting cameos, most often as a wide man. Mowbrays quotes about him are of particular frustration in that a change is unlikely in the near future. His reasoning for this is flawed as discussed.

The only logic to any of it is the fact that Brereton has been somewhat (albeit IMO overly cautiously) eased in. My main gripe is to do with positioning, and it seems that is the same with most people.

The budget thing is a two pronged point. I think you would have to be pretty pedantic to not admit that he was obviously the majority of our budget, we signed 2 loans, a free agent and 2 players for nominal fees. The other 2 were Armstrong and Brereton and it was universally acknowledged that the fee for Brereton will be far higher than it was for Armstrong. Also, signing Brereton was as a result of a summer wide, patient search for a much needed striker. Seeing as Mowbray didnt sign a striker, Brereton was presumably seen as that striker, so something has gone amiss in the short term if he is now not considered to be that man.

It should be clear that he lacks the physicality unlike the titans of Dack and Palmer to play that role, no?

But Mowbray is the one with the most info about the players, stats, knowledge and fitness levels. 

I've suggested Playing Brereton up front with Graham. But you have disagree cos I would be dropping Dack. 

2 players for nominal fees? wasn't it about 1 million together for Rothwell and Davenport. 

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

PSG bought Mbappe for £165millionish at 18 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think it's all codswallop about Brereton.  His age is irrelevant.  He's either good enough for Rovers or he's not.  If he isn't good enough to go straight into our team then it was the height of madness to commit to a £multi million deal.  If a player can't handle the fee whether it's £1, £10 or £100 million then they don't have the bottle and shouldn't be signed.

If Coyle had pulled such a stunt, he would have been castigated and this MB would be in meltdown.

so what? 

Coyle? stop mentioning this guy name FFS!

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

The last point is not there to provoke reaction.  It's a simple fact that if Coyle had committed the club to a £7million deal and sat the player on the bench and not started him in a league game with the season's half way point in sight, he would have been absolutely, metaphorically, murdered.

yes it sadly does belittle your point. 

stop calling him Coyle. The guy is utter joke and embarrassment. 

if you aren't comparing Brereton to Shearer then why even mention his name

4 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

7 million.... Let that sink in.

Wolves got Bonatoni on a loan from a KSA club last year - 24 goals.

Forest signed a Portuguese lad 13 million on drip this summer, how’s he done for comparison? He was brought in which pushed Bereton down the NFFC pecking order, Nicki reckons Bereton was hawked round by an agent?

Villa got a Kodjia for 12, A Hogan for 10, Birmingham signed Che Wilson for about 2, Norwich paid 2 million for a loan for Rhodes, Maupay bought for 3 million for Brentford.

Given those examples and Rovers financial straits who the hell pays 7m for an unknown kid and who can’t get 90 mins?

It was lazy scouting, poor judgement and we’ve bought what looks a turkey. More concerned at Mowbray, he can’t seem to coach strikers. Graham struggling, Gallagher stunted on loan after a decent scoring run.

Coyle signed a Gallagher on the back of a poor Mk dons loan for pennies.

The was value in the market and we’ve not got. it most certainly certainly is not the time to value manage. A bad striker buy for 7 million which meant no money for other signatures could stunt the growth of this club I.e a season of nowhere. A good 7 million spent in the right areas might get you a sneaky play off push, and a chance of the promotion lotto.

My opinion? This season is the most open championship we will see for years and we’ve messed up. Poor choice by TM and I think he’s got it all to do this year.

1st year relegation

2nd year promotion way off wigan

3rd decent start but struggling with last minute goals and lots to play.

I would hold of a new contract in honest for Mowbray.

Wolves signings have links to an agent. do we want the same here? 

Hogan is always injured. 

Che Wilson? do you mean Che Adams?

The Brereton story is that Forest hired an agent to sell him 2 or 3 days before the deadline day. 

way off Wigan last season? really? 

decent start? really? do you expect us to be 11th at this stage of the season as I didn't. I would have be happy with 14th at the start of the season now I believe we can get top 10 possibly top 6 depending on January signings

Hold of a new contract for Mowbray? really? The guy should be given a new 4 year contract 

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

There that lummox Kieffer Moore banged in other two for Barnsley tonight. Wonder if he is on the radar 

possible so. For me, he has to been scouting to see if he should be a target

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Fair do's. I happen to believe Mowbray can be questioned and criticised. Just because he's done/is doing a good job doesn't mean we should all shut up and blindly accept everything he says as being gospel truth and beyond question.

I have no problem with you questioned and criticised Mowbray but he has answered some of questions/points. 

I don't believe Mowbray would ever lie to the fans. do you?

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree Biz. I think you make good points. 

But Mowbray is the one with the most info about the players, stats, knowledge and fitness levels. 

I've suggested Playing Brereton up front with Graham. But you have disagree cos I would be dropping Dack. 

2 players for nominal fees? wasn't it about 1 million together for Rothwell and Davenport. 

so what? 

Coyle? stop mentioning this guy name FFS!

yes it sadly does belittle your point. 

stop calling him Coyle. The guy is utter joke and embarrassment. 

if you aren't comparing Brereton to Shearer then why even mention his name

Few things:

- You say why question the logic after Mowbray has explained why hes treating Brereton as he is. I and many others feel that Mowbrays explanations are illogical, its as simple as that. Not considering a striker to play as a striker due to a lack of physicality, then playing tiny midfielders there instead. Even you have said that is something you disagree with.

- Your defence of Mowbray on how Brereton is used is totally hypocritical in that you believe he should be used centrally, and have asked more than once for him to be started, I encourage you to be stronger in that opinion, rather than shutting down people who actually have a more similar view to yourself than Mowbray may! It doesnt mean you dont like Mowbray.

- Its natural for us to be compared to other clubs in our division. You have to get used to that and have never complained about it before.

- Its easier to not take Mercer on when he says Coyle. You are providing the reaction he craves.

6 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

and has already played in over 50 Championship matches in the previous one and a half seasons

Wow - didn't realise that. On checking it appears he made 18 Championship appearances  for Forest in the 2016/17 season and 35 in the 2017/18.

Not sure how many of those were starts or off thIe bench but I find it completely bizarre that the lad is apparently  good enough to play for Forest regularly n the Championship at ages 17 and 18, but not apparently judged good enough for us at exactly the same level at age 19.

Especially when we've agreed to pay £7m for him!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wow - didn't realise that. On checking it appears he made 18 Championship appearances  for Forest in the 2016/17 season and 35 in the 2017/18.

Not sure how many of those were starts or off thIe bench but I find it completely bizarre that the lad is apparently  good enough to play for Forest regularly n the Championship at ages 17 and 18, but not apparently judged good enough for us at exactly the same level at age 19.

Especially when we've agreed to pay £7m for him!

Exactly, he has played more games in the Championship by the age of 19 that Dack has by 24 but he is deemed not good enough or bulky enough to play up front.

Looking at Transfermarkt of the 18 games he played two seasons a go, 13 were starts, while last season he started 25 of the 35 games he played in.

The Forest fans that came on here the time of the signing all said he was better centrally and they didnt like when he was played wide.

Edited by JacknOry