BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree Biz. I think you make good points. 

But Mowbray is the one with the most info about the players, stats, knowledge and fitness levels. 

I've suggested Playing Brereton up front with Graham. But you have disagree cos I would be dropping Dack. 

2 players for nominal fees? wasn't it about 1 million together for Rothwell and Davenport. 

so what? 

Coyle? stop mentioning this guy name FFS!

yes it sadly does belittle your point. 

stop calling him Coyle. The guy is utter joke and embarrassment. 

if you aren't comparing Brereton to Shearer then why even mention his name

What on earth else can I call him other than by his name !?! 

Owen's initial managerial record was very good including a promotion to the PL - no joke and embarrassment there!

After his first season at Bolton, he's bombed, we know that.

As a manger, he as achieved far more than hundreds of others who have tried and failed.  You should respect that.

Just now, Mercer said:

What on earth else can I call him other than by his name !?! 

Owen's initial managerial record was very good including a promotion to the PL - no joke and embarrassment there!

After his first season at Bolton, he's bombed, we know that.

As a manger, he as achieved far more than hundreds of others who have tried and failed.  You should respect that.

Stop mentioning the guy full stop. The guy is fool and utter embarrasment to Blackburn Rovers. Talk alot but couldnt walk the wall..

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Stop mentioning the guy full stop. The guy is fool and utter embarrasment to Blackburn Rovers. Talk alot but couldnt walk the wall..

Chaddy, we live in a democracy and we are all entitled to free speech.

If the mere reference to Owen causes you so much grief and pain, it might be worthwhile seeing your GP.

Lads I'm wound up reading all this. 

I'm absolutely fuming at the fact Mowbray seems to think it's acceptable to play Dack up top and leave a £7m striker on the bench. 

Dack smashed it last season because he was being played in his position. Mowbray needs to give Brereton a chance up top if Graham isn't up to it.

If he's going to play Armstrong up top stop hoofing long balls simple as that. 

Mowbray tactically has made mistakes now in his past 2. You need to take the right risks in this sport and unfortunately it's been mistakes with Dack up top on his own.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Why would a Rovers fan respect a manger responsible for taking us down....and Burnley up? 

Well firstly, Owen didn't take us down, Mowbray did.  Owen bombed here but ultimately Mowbray should have kept us up - I think his negativity and tactics cost us precious points by turning winning positions into draws and draws into losses.

I have been around longer than most (age) on this MB and this 'Burnley thing' is a joke.  Yep, there should be healthy rivalry but there it should end.  Two of my closest friends are Burnley fans and it matters not one iota to me - friends or football nonsense is no contest. 

Edited by Mercer

Best thing is to forget about Brereton, he is a write-off if we're going to carry on playing the formations we are playing.

Hope that Venkys put up some money to fill the gaping holes in the team:

- Central striker who can hold the ball up

- Centre back 

- Winger

Just now, Mercer said:

Well firstly, Owen didn't take us down, Mowbray did.  Owen bombed here but ultimately Mowbray should have kept us up - I think his negativity and tactics cost us precious points by turning winning positions into draws and draws into losses.

I have been around longer than most on this MB and this 'Burnley thing' is a joke.  Yep, there should be healthy rivalry but there it should end.  Two of my closest friends are Burnley fans and it matters not one iota to me - friends or football nonsense is no contest. 

Well firstly, we were dead and buried until Mowbray turned up. He may well have cost us points at home due to his cautious nature but they weren't points Coyle was going to win. He had tried and failed all season. 

How long you've been around is irrelevant. How many pals you have from Burnley is also irrelevant. You told a Rovers fan to 'respect' Coyle. That is quite plainly a ridiculous notion for so many reasons (his defence of Kean being one of the more obvious ones, and that's before we even get on to his blatant lies about SEM)

A true Rovers fan would never 'respect' Coyle.  

No-one was asking you to choose between your friends and Burnley either. I find it weird having to explain that to a grown man.

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I have been around longer than most (age) on this MB and this 'Burnley thing' is a joke.  Yep, there should be healthy rivalry but there it should end.  Two of my closest friends are Burnley fans and it matters not one iota to me - friends or football nonsense is no contest. 

My fiancé is a dingle, what’s the relevance?

I think Coyle’s one of the dirtiest Turds to be flushed out of the Morgue. That he was then installed here (not even considering how crap he was here or at his previous 3 jobs) was BS.

You're right, it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but facts are facts: Coyle is a complete tosser.

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

A true Rovers fan would never 'respect' Coyle.  

Look, Coyle bombed at Rovers.  Full stop.  I would ask no one to respect his tenure as Rovers' manager.

What is wrong is for folk like Chaddy to come on here and diss Coyle as a 'fool and an embarrassment'. 

The inescapable fact is that Coyle did well as a manager at St Johnstone, Burnley and when he first went to Bolton.  Over the years, thousands have tried the football managerial game and failed.  Coyle tried the football managerial game and achieved success in the earlier parts of his managerial career - I respect that.

Across all walks of life, whether you like an individual or not, any fair minded person would respect the achievements of a fellow human being.

Just now, Mercer said:

Look, Coyle bombed at Rovers.  Full stop.  I would ask no one to respect his tenure as Rovers' manager.

Not sure why you're arguing then. This is a Rovers forum. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Across all walks of life, whether you like an individual or not, any fair minded person would respect the achievements of a fellow human being.

Nah. He didn't respect Rovers and he blatantly lied. You can respect him if you like but don't expect others to. 

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not sure why you're arguing then. This is a Rovers forum. 

Nah. He didn't respect Rovers and he blatantly lied. You can respect him if you like but don't expect others to. 

I respect Coyle for his achievements at St Johnstone, Burnley and initially at Bolton and I said that in the post above - full stop.

He has since bombed and I would not try to defend him, particularly his time at Rovers.

Edited by Mercer

54 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, we live in a democracy and we are all entitled to free speech.

If the mere reference to Owen causes you so much grief and pain, it might be worthwhile seeing your GP.

Owen Coyle was a joke of an appointment and completely embarrassment to Blackburn Rovers and the fans. 

seeing him on the touchline was the worse scene ever since Kean left this club

44 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Coyle took us down with his crap tactics. But nice tactics of shifting the blame onto Mowbray and away from your friend Coyle. You seem to love/like Coyle for some reason. you a friend of his? Mowbray has rebuilt a football club and got fans enjoying attending games again.

Good for you, 

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

What is wrong is for folk like Chaddy to come on here and diss Coyle as a 'fool and an embarrassment'. 

The inescapable fact is that Coyle did well as a manager at St Johnstone, Burnley and when he first went to Bolton.  Over the years, thousands have tried the football managerial game and failed.  Coyle tried the football managerial game and achieved success in the earlier parts of his managerial career - I respect that.

If you show any kind of respect to Owen Coyle then that's tell me everything wrong with you. Coyle was a embarrassment and his name should be removed from History of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. 

so if Coyle bombed here why the feck do you keep mentioning his name for? 

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds like TM is looking for #Rovers to develop in to a team who are less reliant on Danny Graham. Interesting stuff https://t.co/3V8Xgm9NZ5

Seen absolutely no signs that this process is in anyway progressing.

As others have pointed out, we are still a long ball team even when Graham is out. We have bar a couple of games this season been full of committment sure but boring to watch.

Danny Graham is as important as anyone is to us at the moment.

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I respect Coyle for his achievements at St Johnstone, Burnley and initially at Bolton and I said that in the post above - full stop.

He has since bombed and I would not try to defend him, particularly his time at Rovers.

And yet you regularly affectionately call him ‘Coyle’ on a Rovers forum. Surely you can see how that comes across?

• Like 1

Enough of the Coyle clown pants wumming lets get back to arguing about who to sign !

If we could only bring 1 in this window it'd be a target man to help DG and Dack.

If there is something in the Brereton can't start until officially signed and then TM unleashes the well hidden beast up front then it would have to be a pacey wideman but as it stands....striker over 6ft all day long !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seen absolutely no signs that this process is in anyway progressing.

As others have pointed out, we are still a long ball team even when Graham is out. We have bar a couple of games this season been full of committment sure but boring to watch.

Danny Graham is as important as anyone is to us at the moment.

Maybe he is trying this in training first and will keep working on it until its working at a good level before introduce match days. 

I agree we need to change our style and make us more of passing team and that will suit players like Rothwell, Rodwell, Brereton

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe he is trying this in training first and will keep working on it until its working at a good level before introduce match days. 

I agree we need to change our style and make us more of passing team and that will suit players like Rothwell, Rodwell, Brereton

I dont think its something that can suddenly be introduced on a match day. But I hope we see some improvement soon as I don't feel like we are playing to our full potential in terms of some of our players in forward areas.

I'm not convinced that any of the old guard (the likes of Bennett and Smallwood) will be eased out any time soon in terms of starting every week in favour of the likes of Rodwell and Rothwell to give us more technical ability in our team.

4 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Totally agree. After seeing the comments from Mowbray in the LT, it's clear that he's trying to make us more of a threat from open-play without a big target man, but we're nowhere near with that at the moment - and I'm not convinced that it's the right way to go. I'd be happy with a target man who can hold up the ball and bring our attacking midfielders into the fold. That's our strength, and it's been successful, so why not stick to it and get the right personnel in?

Regardless, there is never any harm in having a big striker in the squad, no matter what style of play you try to build. What's Chris Brown up to these days? Just checked; he's a free agent. Sign him up!

Even Brown proved a handful at times, couldn't hit a barn door in fact he was one but everything was  about Rhodes then. Having similar but better to him would do a job at times in this team putting it about and creating space for others or coming on defending from the front later in games when we are winning.

As you say at this level every squad should have one big lump for up front in league 1 some only have 1 striker like that to rely on so finding an improvement on someone like Brown shouldn't be that difficult.  Think they had Samuel marked down for a role like that this season maybe so when he was ruled out they should have got in an adequate replacement short term.

Edited by tomphil