BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Absolutely perfect for us right now

Agreed. He will also be perfect for a few bottom end prem teams and everyone in the championship bar villa as well as possibly rangers. Germany also seems to be the place to go and could be an option

Edited by Oldgregg86

17 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Agreed. He will also be perfect for a few bottom end prem teams and everyone in the championship bar villa as well as possibly rangers. Germany also seems to be the place to go and could be an option

Blackburn Rovers it is then.

8 minutes ago, Blackburn Bob said:

Whilst it's nice having a lot of home grown players I think we could do with a bit of foreign flair thrown in. 

Our only foreigners atm are Nyambe and raya and they have both been here so long they are practically British now. 

Aham, ahem Lenihan and Williams. 

I have seen some flair from Williams, usually passing it to the opposition though unfortunately 

That Celina at Swansea would have been a cracking signing 

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Aham, ahem Lenihan and Williams. 

I have seen some flair from Williams, usually passing it to the opposition though unfortunately 

That Celina at Swansea would have been a cracking signing 

We don't really count you as foreign, you know ;)

On 28/11/2018 at 16:22, Sparks Rover said:

Solanki available for loan.  Maybe top half championship is what he needs.......

But would he want to come and sit on the bench for half season until Tony thought he was ready and understood Tony's way of playing?

• Like 2

Just watched arsenal and now Chelsea in the Europa league.  Arsenal have a few good kids on the books but are still Abit raw

There is a lad at Chelsea who has been superb and doesn't look out of place in a very strong Chelsea team. Arguably been the best player . His name is Hudson odoi. English, 18, playing on the left. He's skinning his man for fun and whipping balls in as well as cutting inside. Played some very clever passes and hit the bar with a shot from outside the box. This kid is going to be class. He's not signed a new deal and wants first team football. I can see Chelsea tying him down and him being available for loan. Exactly what we need

Edit. Just scored

Edited by Oldgregg86

10 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Just watched arsenal and now Chelsea in the Europa league.  Arsenal have a few good kids on the books but are still Abit raw

There is a lad at Chelsea who has been superb and doesn't look out of place in a very strong Chelsea team. Arguably been the best player . His name is Hudson odoi. English, 18, playing on the left. He's skinning his man for fun and whipping balls in as well as cutting inside. Played some very clever passes and hit the bar with a shot from outside the box. This kid is going to be class. He's not signed a new deal and wants first team football. I can see Chelsea tying him down and him being available for loan. Exactly what we need

Edit. Just scored

Sounds a bit out of our league? Worth a pop anyway though just in case, if he's as good as you say.

Edited by bluebruce

Ashley cole is also available and looking for a club. Got player of the year last season and strikes me as someone who will keep his fitness and probably still has a decent amount of pace. Absolutely no doubting his ability. He was the best left back in the world a few years back. I'd offer him 18 months for sure. 

Wages could be an issue but at his age and his wealth you think he would be making a footballing decision. No harm in throwing it out there

Edited by Oldgregg86

31 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Ashley cole is also available and looking for a club. Got player of the year last season and strikes me as someone who will keep his fitness and probably still has a decent amount of pace. Absolutely no doubting his ability. He was the best left back in the world a few years back. I'd offer him 18 months for sure. 

Wages could be an issue but at his age and his wealth you think he would be making a footballing decision. No harm in throwing it out there

One of the best left backs I've ever seen. He could keep Ronaldo quiet, not many can say that.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He's just assisted one as well. There is no way we could sign him permanently but until the end of the season wouldn't be impossible. Palmer is here aswell which might help

I don't think our use of Palmer would encourage Chelsea or the kid...

44 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Cole is famously greedy. Don't remember the 'Cashley' saga? Regardless of what he has accumulated, he is going wherever will pay him the most. That won't be us.

If he got player of the season for Galaxy but has just been released...why? Asking for too much money maybe? If so, probably land up in China or the middle east.

Edited by bluebruce

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I don't think our use of Palmer would encourage Chelsea or the kid...

Cole is famously greedy. Don't remember the 'Cashley' saga? Regardless of what he has accumulated, he is going wherever will pay him the most. That won't be us.

He might really like fried chicken. It's hard to judge what's realistic and has the quality to take us to the next level with the quality in the championship as other potential suitors

Edited by Oldgregg86

10 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Quite agree , I think as left backs go he's one of the best I've ever seen , possibly only surpassed by Maldini but that's another debate , we are definately week at left back and a short term deal til end of season would suit me

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

More chance of us getting promoted than that happening!