BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Rumours where doing the rounds on TV that he wanted a return to England and would look at championship clubs. Not many in the championship can pay mega wages and he must be aware of that. No harm in throwing are name in the ring as unlikely as it may seem

Just now, JacknOry said:

Might be a slight chance of him going to Frank Lampards Derby or John Terry's Villa ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Ashley cole is also available and looking for a club. Got player of the year last season and strikes me as someone who will keep his fitness and probably still has a decent amount of pace. Absolutely no doubting his ability. He was the best left back in the world a few years back. I'd offer him 18 months for sure. 

Wages could be an issue but at his age and his wealth you think he would be making a footballing decision. No harm in throwing it out there

7 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Sign Ashley Cole and you'll have a Danny Murphy mk2. Then you'll have supporters moaning that we are wasting money and poor management is happening. After all that you'll have the usual "Whose his agent" line thrown out and the "Not the managers signing" any transfers need to be realistic AND useful.

Best players from league 1 along with fringe players from the premiership is the way to go.

12 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Rumours where doing the rounds on TV that he wanted a return to England and would look at championship clubs. Not many in the championship can pay mega wages and he must be aware of that. No harm in throwing are name in the ring as unlikely as it may seem

We're one of the ones that definitely don't pay mega wages, though. With good reason after prior debacles. We have a very carefully maintained wage structure.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was reading an article at the weekend about the wages the top clubs are paying their players. The wages the Yanks are paying are right up there with the best so he'll have been on big bucks.

The MLS players' union releases salary information on all players.  Depending on the exchange rate at any given time, he was on about 10,000 pounds per week.

The Galaxy had an option to extend his contract for a season, but did not pick it up.  In theory, I think this means that another MLS club could pick it up if they want although that does not sound likely.  They had a poor season so they are probably looking at using the salary cap space freed up by not having him at the same salary next year for something else.

9 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

Sign Ashley Cole and you'll have a Danny Murphy mk2. Then you'll have supporters moaning that we are wasting money and poor management is happening. After all that you'll have the usual "Whose his agent" line thrown out and the "Not the managers signing" any transfers need to be realistic AND useful.

Best players from league 1 along with fringe players from the premiership is the way to go.

I wasnt saying I would sign him - just pointing out to those that were suggesting it was an unrealistic target that I do not think it is.

Dont like the guy despite being an excellent player in his day.

• Backroom

2 free agent suggestions, which I think are reasonable, but only if alongside another good defensive transfer:

Robert Huth, 34 but could be a good short term option (6 months, with offer of another year if does well).

Phillip Wollscheid, 29, formerly of Stoke, Metz, and some German teams. Without a club since Jan, but could be a good ‘rescue’.

Re: Jonesy, he’s available next summer. Tempting...

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Every club has a wage structure. What do you mean by 'carefully maintained'?

I mean we appear to have been very careful to avoid signing players who might well be great on the pitch, but who would be paid so much it would either distort everyone else's pay by getting them to insist on more, or piss them all off and create disunity. It sounds like even Dack's new contract didn't put him onto all that much in the grand scheme of things at this level (possibly a factor in why it didn't get us any more time onto his contract). It was said we weren't willing to offer McGinn the wages he wanted even though his fee was perfectly achievable. Just seems like a very conscious effort to control the structure. Especially compared to our previous runaway wage bills.

Point is, we ain't about to break the bank wages wise for Cashley if it took that.

On 28/11/2018 at 09:37, chaddyrovers said:

If you show any kind of respect to I have been stopped from posting this by moderators. Coyle then that's tell me everything wrong with you. Coyle was a embarrassment and his name should be removed from History of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. 

I find it really odd that you never said any of this while he was wearing a Rovers badge. Quite the opposite in fact.

• Like 5