BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Far too unrealistic it and I do not think that fit into Mowbray and club plans for signings. If you look at our Summer signings we paid cash for 4 players and the older one was 23 years old in Rothwell, with Armsttrong at 21, Brereton at 19 and Davenport at 19 years old. Rodwell was our older signing at 27 but he was Free transfer. The other 2 were loan signings at age 21 and 23. 

no I do. I think we need to look at club strategy for signings and as I highlighted above. 

as I show you with Huth suggestion, hasn't played football in 18 months. 

Moran and Gale is from over 20 years ago and football has move on from there. 

La Liga is a slower tempo league and not has physical as the Championship

How about 8 years ago? #Salgado

• Like 3

Just now, davulsukur said:

Neither are “golden oldies”?

No they aren't but Chaddy's inference is that players generally in La Liga wouldn't be able to handle the tempo or physicality.

Ramos at 33+ would kick a few (players) over the stands.

It's just nonsense from Chaddy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So the likes of Messi and Griezmann wouldn't be able to handle it then !!!!

But hardly are realistic signings are they. Or over 35 years old. So your point as generally is pointless. Spanish football is a slower tempo..neither player you mention has tried English football. Wonder why? 

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

No they aren't but Chaddy's inference is that players generally in La Liga wouldn't be able to handle the tempo or physicality.

Ramos at 33+ would kick a few (players) over the stands.

It's just nonsense from Chaddy. 

Yet again more BS Ramos isnt coming to Rovers. 

Living in cloud cuckoo land again

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

How about 8 years ago? #Salgado

Yes enjoyed watching him played. Top pro. Treated badly by the club in the end. 

Also going to be players that would be able too but can you say honestly that Huth would be decent signing after not playing for 18 months and would fit into Mowbray plans of signing young footballers and developing them? 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are talking transfer window not players who we would sign on computer games in our dreams

You need to chill pal and show a bit more respect.

• Like 1

Not like you to miss the point. Do you do it deliberately? No ones said anything about signing him, in computer games or otherwise. You were comparing the physicality of English football with La Liga. Ramos plays in La Liga, Mercer was saying he could cope with English football. Repeat, no one thinks we're going to sign Ramos.. Can't believe that needs spelling out!

Each time we've been promoted out of this league, we've added an old and wise centre back. Moran been mentioned but Berg was a massive player for us, as was Sparky higher up the field (signed a week shy of his 37th birthday).  The attitude and drive of the player is key though. Come for the challenge, not the money.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Far too unrealistic it and I do not think that fit into Mowbray and club plans for signings. If you look at our Summer signings we paid cash for 4 players and the older one was 23 years old in Rothwell, with Armsttrong at 21, Brereton at 19 and Davenport at 19 years old. Rodwell was our older signing at 27 but he was Free transfer. The other 2 were loan signings at age 21 and 23. 

no I do. I think we need to look at club strategy for signings and as I highlighted above. 

as I show 

La Liga is a slower tempo league and not has physical as the Championship

I am not convinced la liga is not physical. Every time Madrid play an English side the papers are crying about Ramos beimg too rough. I watch a championship and premier league matches and there is nothing you wouldnt see in spain or italy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

I am not convinced la liga is not physical. Every time Madrid play an English side the papers are crying about Ramos beimg too rough. I watch a championship and premier league matches and there is nothing you wouldnt see in spain or italy.

It’s just Liverpool fans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Unrealistic imo but:

Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Vincent Kompany, Gary Cahill, Martin Caceres, Diego Godin, and several other notables are out of contract next summer...

Don't be so negative. I see absolutely no reason why we can't sign one of the best centre halves in the world next summer...

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I can't believe you lot think Gary Cahill is a realistic signing. I bet hes on 100k a week.

Steady on with the 'you lot', only one bloke said that. Even the OP admitted it was unrealistic.

• Like 1

• Backroom

If Edgar Davids can play for Barnet, Godin can play for us ;)

My assertion was merely that so many defenders who can be argued as ‘projects’ through injury or age are coming to the end of their contracts, not that I actually expect any to show up here.

My original suggestion of Huth on a heavily incentivised contract (6 months, option of another year in our favour) is one I quite like; a PL-winner in the style of Craig Short.

Also like Wollschied (forgotten how to spell it), as well as the Kirchhoff suggestion from someone else.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

My assertion was merely that so many defenders who can be argued as ‘projects’ through injury or age are coming to the end of their contracts, not that I actually expect any to show up here.

My original suggestion of Huth on a heavily incentivised contract (6 months, option of another year in our favour) is one I quite like; a PL-winner in the style of Craig Short.

Also like Wollschied (forgotten how to spell it), as well as the Kirchhoff suggestion from someone else.

Short was another 'golden oldie' who provided great service for Rovers - I think he played his last game for Rovers at 37 !!!

What the fans would give for a couple of 'golden oldies' like Moran, Short, Gale, Salgado etc.  Committed professionals with a bit of class.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

You need to chill pal and show a bit more respect.

Im chill pal. 

Maybe try being realistic and stop the daft suggestions and living in cuckoo land? 

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Ah but that was 18 years ago. Footballs changed apparently 

Sly dig there Mike. No need. 

6 hours ago, Blow-in said:

Would you say that La Liga is has physical has the championship? 

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Why was the last time either Wollschied or Kirchhoff had a club? Kirchhoff played 4 games for Bolton since singing in Mid Febuary then released and no club for 6 months and Wollschied hasnt a club for 12 months. Surely you want a centre back who will challenge for the spot..my suggestion is Liam Lindsay from Barnsley. Playing regularly and big tall player

Huth who has played a football game for 18 months? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Problem is it would probably take Huth a few months to get up to speed after being out of action for so long. By that point the season would almost be over. Most of the golden oldies being mentioned from our past had still been playing regularly or semi-regularly for their previous clubs before joining us, which is where Huth has a severe disadvantage. 

• Like 2