BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

Problem is it would probably take Huth a few months to get up to speed after being out of action for so long. By that point the season would almost be over. Most of the golden oldies being mentioned from our past had still been playing regularly or semi-regularly for their previous clubs before joining us, which is where Huth has a severe disadvantage. 

Exactly my point. 

Thats why I suggested Lindsay from Barnsley. Playing regular, played at Championship level before, tall centre back and would cost IMO around 1 to 1.5 mil to buy

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sly dig there Mike. No need. 

Why is it that you can say to someone 'football's changed' in response to their suggestion of signing someone, then when someone else says the same thing to you it's a 'sly dig'? You really need to grow up 'pal' and stop being so precious.

Put everyone on ignore and then nobody can disagree with you, which is obviously what you want. 

• Like 2

Surely we need to look for some pace in January. Other than Armstrong and Nyambe there isnt really any. A geniunie wide player with pace on loan would give us a different dimension expecially when chasing a game or for the last 30 mins. Probably a young PL loan player, no idea who mind. 

How has Bauer beeing doing? Is he still out of contract in summer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Surely we need to look for some pace in January. Other than Armstrong and Nyambe there isnt really any. A geniunie wide player with pace on loan would give us a different dimension expecially when chasing a game or for the last 30 mins. Probably a young PL loan player, no idea who mind. 

How has Bauer beeing doing? Is he still out of contract in summer?

We do break quickly though? That 4th goal on Saturday was a good example.

• Backroom
44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gary Cahill is going back to Villa apparently. I really hope they don't go up this season 

Smith seems to have gotten them going in the right direction. four wins and a draw from their last five matches. Cahill would be a decent addition. Only 32 so you'd assume he's still got a few years left in him. Momentum seems to be with Villa at the moment but their poor start has given them a mountain to climb if they want to avoid the playoff lottery. Does suggest either Bruce had lost the plot this season or the players weren't playing for him as their form was frankly embarrassing considering the talent in that squad. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

If Edgar Davids can play for Barnet, Godin can play for us ;)

My assertion was merely that so many defenders who can be argued as ‘projects’ through injury or age are coming to the end of their contracts, not that I actually expect any to show up here.

My original suggestion of Huth on a heavily incentivised contract (6 months, option of another year in our favour) is one I quite like; a PL-winner in the style of Craig Short.

Also like Wollschied (forgotten how to spell it), as well as the Kirchhoff suggestion from someone else.

Waiting for Godin!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Smith seems to have gotten them going in the right direction. four wins and a draw from their last five matches. Cahill would be a decent addition. Only 32 so you'd assume he's still got a few years left in him. Momentum seems to be with Villa at the moment but their poor start has given them a mountain to climb if they want to avoid the playoff lottery. Does suggest either Bruce had lost the plot this season or the players weren't playing for him as their form was frankly embarrassing considering the talent in that squad. 

They have surely spent more than Burnley in the last 3 seasons. Makes a mockery of FFP 

I don't think they are so far off the top where it can't be overturned soon enough. 

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They have surely spent more than Burnley in the last 3 seasons. Makes a mockery of FFP 

I don't think they are so far off the top where it can't be overturned soon enough. 

End of this season is the cut off point for Villa and FFP isn't it? Don't see how they can avoid at the very least being fined heavily. If they aren't then it sets a precedent for every club to ignore those rules and take any punishment to court for a lengthily, drawn out process. The only clubs still hiding behind FFP rules will be those whose owners use it as a convenient excuse not to invest.   

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

End of this season is the cut off point for Villa and FFP isn't it? Don't see how they can avoid at the very least being fined heavily. If they aren't then it sets a precedent for every club to ignore those rules and take any punishment to court for a lengthily, drawn out process. The only clubs still hiding behind FFP rules will be those whose owners use it as a convenient excuse not to invest.   

Good. 

30 minutes ago, DE. said:

Ya, I think it is. They are doubling down on the financial outlay hoping they go up. I really, really hope it doesn't work out for them .I have 3 friends who support them. Absolutely painful to listen to them and how arrogant they are with regards to the Rovers 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Vinjay, what are you talking about? You have made reference to this a few times recently and I have ignored it, but what are you on about? 

I guess he is suggesting that in the current FFP climate, a Jack Walker doing what he did with us would not be permitted. 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I think it is. They are doubling down on the financial outlay hoping they go up. I really, really hope it doesn't work out for them .I have 3 friends who support them. Absolutely painful to listen to them and how arrogant they are with regards to the Rovers 

They'll probably break the rules, get found guilty and then sit around for 9 months waiting for something to happen like Birmingham City have done. Lots of talk about points deductions and making an example of them, nothing has happened and meanwhile they're surging up the table towards the play-offs. Who says it doesn't pay to break the rules?

Just imagine if Birmingham were on course for the play-offs and the League tried to dock them points. Imagine the legal ramifications if Birmingham fought it.

Maybe the League will get their dream scenario and Birmingham get promoted so they can forget about that little problem or alternatively try and do a deal with a multi-million pound fine.

Edited by JHRover

• Backroom
56 minutes ago, AAK said:

Boro in talks with Ruben Rochina, be interested to see how he does there if they sign him.

Where have you seen that, can't see it anywhere? I would be very, very jealous.

I think what vinjay is hunting at is under the ffp rules as they stand Jack would have not been allowed to invest in Rovers the way he did. Its a tough issue but I'm not a fan of the system myself 

Under FFP an owner like Jack would be curtailed in his ambitious but owners like the Oystons are fine. 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would probably do well. Could have been good for us in the Championship if he hadn't gotten injured. Himself and Cairney could have been good together if used correctly 

Rochina? In the Championship? 

Symbol of everything that was rotten about the club and ineffective as well.

Would not suit us at all.

• Like 1