BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

You said he couldn't jump, now it's he can't jump with players around him:rolleyes:. See the next video I posted. He's jumping head and shoulders above defenders in that one. Maybe you were thinking of someone else? 

He’s seen him play ffs, what are you proving posting videos? Gallagher was a poor header of the ball, we saw him play week in week out for a year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

imo the games we’ve lost or drawn this season have generally been because of a lack of ruthlessness up front. Goals change games and there’s been plenty where we’ve been on top, missed chances and gone on to drop points. 

The constant whinging about a Brereton is boring. Speaking to a league manager last week who’s friends with Venus they fully expect BB to be the next superstar in terms of impact. But at 19 he simply can’t do what Graham does physically. 

Even IF BB was flying I’d expect us to sign more goal scorers because every successful team has them in abundance.

That doesn’t mean we’re not short in other positions. I fully expect TM to replace the likes of Smallwood, Evans, Williams and Graham in the next couple of windows. All are unable to develop well enough to stay in the team long term. I wouldn’t be surprised if all of them left.

I can also see the heat being applied on the likes of Bennett, Bell and Armstrong to improve in order to play more regularly.

I still say that this Christmas they’ll be looking at BB completion, Reed on a perm, a mainline striker on loan and Chapman cheap with Palmer returning to Chelsea. 

But I wouldn’t rule out us strengthening any department in terms of quality if the right player at the right price was available.

You might find the constant discussion about our 7m striker signing "boring" but you mention yourself about a lack of ruthlessness costing us points.

The situation wont get a free pass on the basis that he may well be a big talent (without needing to talk to managers to confirm it), and hes not a total novice now. Hes played a couple of seasons for Forest predominantly as a centre forward, fans just want to see him play there more often. 

So we are limited to one striker because the second one we have hasnt started a league game, when he does come on he tends to be seen as a wide man, and people have 2 aspects to their grievances, could we afford to spend 7m ie most of our budget on a player not ever considered for a start when we have major weaknesses in our squad (notably in the position Brereton plays) and also whether we need to treat a player already with plenty of Championship experience as a striker as an total novice.

I agree that we need goals from all over but that brings another thing into question, Mowbrays recruitment in the summer. I have said before I think the summer window was not particularly successful (bar the excellent Reed loan) and the fact that the players Mowbray signed to play the wide roles (even though none are wingers) in Rothwell, Palmer and Armstrong have 2 goals between them, added to none from Bennett and its a major concern that we arent getting goals from these areas.

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

No not specifically mate. Used to have direct route but now I just hear things through conversation. Friend of a friend. But obv my mates know I support Rovers so they tell me if they find out. Not much gets out under the current regime in terms of specific names but they do talk about overall plans.

for instance, I found out that Venus is an absolute football purist. He’s the one who drives the “Total football” idea that they are going to try to implement. TM is more pragmatic apparently. 

Venus must not get a say judging by us playing the most long balls in the league then ?

23 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

?Calm down. The videos prove he wasn't a poor header. You are talking rubbish. That is all. 

The video's proved he headed it about three times. How many flick ons did he contribute for players to run on to down the middle ?  How many times did he out muscle an opposing centre half under a high ball ? He got shunted out onto the wing for a reason. Same thing happened at Big Club apparently. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The video's proved he headed it about three times. How many flick ons did he contribute for players to run on to down the middle ?  How many times did he out muscle an opposing centre half under a high ball ? He got shunted out onto the wing for a reason. Same thing happened at Big Club apparently. 

You keep moving the goalposts. You said he couldn't jump. This was proved inaccurate. You then said he couldn't jump with players around him. Again, not true. Now it's all about the flick-ons?

FFS as RVBlue would say. 

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You might find the constant discussion about our 7m striker signing "boring" but you mention yourself about a lack of ruthlessness costing us points.

The situation wont get a free pass on the basis that he may well be a big talent (without needing to talk to managers to confirm it), and hes not a total novice now. Hes played a couple of seasons for Forest predominantly as a centre forward, fans just want to see him play there more often. 

So we are limited to one striker because the second one we have hasnt started a league game, when he does come on he tends to be seen as a wide man, and people have 2 aspects to their grievances, could we afford to spend 7m ie most of our budget on a player not ever considered for a start when we have major weaknesses in our squad (notably in the position Brereton plays) and also whether we need to treat a player already with plenty of Championship experience as a striker as an total novice.

I agree that we need goals from all over but that brings another thing into question, Mowbrays recruitment in the summer. I have said before I think the summer window was not particularly successful (bar the excellent Reed loan) and the fact that the players Mowbray signed to play the wide roles (even though none are wingers) in Rothwell, Palmer and Armstrong have 2 goals between them, added to none from Bennett and its a major concern that we arent getting goals from these areas.

Venus must not get a say judging by us playing the most long balls in the league then ?

But the Brereton discussion is boring and been done to death. Mowbray has talk about how he will use him and where he will play at the current time. We can discuss it every game and to death. 

Would you have took Graham off or move Dack wide or deeper to play Brereton up front yesterday game? 

Mowbray recruitment has been fine but he cant do how if players don't take their chances and miss good chances like Evans, Rothwell, Armstrong, Etc have whilst Dack and Graham are more clinical. Also notice you didn't include Mulgrew and Reed in that list who have 5 and 2. 

43 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You keep moving the goalposts. You said he couldn't jump. This was proved inaccurate. You then said he couldn't jump with players around him. Again, not true. Now it's all about the flick-ons?

FFS as RVBlue would say. 

That's what being a good header of the ball entails. You've got to risk getting nutted from time to time, some players can't handle that, just like some don't like being on the end of an heavy tackle. Other guys thrive on that sort of stuff. People used to tell me MGP was a good header of the ball - until the Chelsea game at Old Trafford. Lots of very tall guys are poor headers of the ball,  it's not unusual.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But the Brereton discussion is boring and been done to death. Mowbray has talk about how he will use him and where he will play at the current time. We can discuss it every game and to death. 

Would you have took Graham off or move Dack wide or deeper to play Brereton up front yesterday game? 

Mowbray recruitment has been fine but he cant do how if players don't take their chances and miss good chances like Evans, Rothwell, Armstrong, Etc have whilst Dack and Graham are more clinical. Also notice you didn't include Mulgrew and Reed in that list who have 5 and 2. 

You've forgot the point of an internet messageboard again chaddy, Even if Mowbray plays him (or doesnt) in a certain way, we dont have to agree with him. And in terms of potential discussion topics, a 7 million signing yet to start a league game will always be near the top of the potential discussions, so prepare to be bored for a long time!

I would either have taken Graham off if he was tiring, which I dont know as I wasnt there, or not brought him on at all. That being said, it would make a mockery of our number 1 priority being another striker, because then when would he get any game time either? I dont rate Sam Gallagher very highly so am thankful that Nicko doesnt know what hes talking about.

I would play Reed centrally but I acknowledged that he has been excellent and possibly the only unqualified success in terms of summer transfers. Mulgrews goals have been 3 penalties,a  free kick and a direct corner. My main point was that Mowbrays attempts to bring in attacking players especially to fill the wide positions have yet to bear fruit. Stats back that up.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not to mention a shocking performance at home v Notlob. I've not seen a worse forward/winger performance since...people have short memories and we should aim elsewhere....get Rudy back

• Backroom

The best headed goal I’ve ever seen was scored by me, down at Pleasington when making an appearance for Langho B; sadly it was in the warm up and I don’t think I ever scored a headed goal in my ‘career’

Gally is ok, I had some bitterness to him for his Matt derbyshire moment against Preston but he was quite dynamic in his time here, seems like some of our young lads he’s just had half a season or so wasted but I’d have him back, still rather Joao though (said that in summer as well).

It seems likely that a striker will be a target and you have to wonder if Brereton isn’t the player Mowbray was hoping for when he signed, not denying he has potential but I don’t believe we paid £7m hoping for potential.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You've forgot the point of an internet messageboard again chaddy, Even if Mowbray plays him (or doesnt) in a certain way, we dont have to agree with him. And in terms of potential discussion topics, a 7 million signing yet to start a league game will always be near the top of the potential discussions, so prepare to be bored for a long time!

I would either have taken Graham off if he was tiring, which I dont know as I wasnt there, or not brought him on at all. That being said, it would make a mockery of our number 1 priority being another striker, because then when would he get any game time either? I dont rate Sam Gallagher very highly so am thankful that Nicko doesnt know what hes talking about.

I would play Reed centrally but I acknowledged that he has been excellent and possibly the only unqualified success in terms of summer transfers. Mulgrews goals have been 3 penalties,a  free kick and a direct corner. My main point was that Mowbrays attempts to bring in attacking players especially to fill the wide positions have yet to bear fruit. Stats back that up.

no one has forget the role of messageboard but we heard from the manager how he sees Brereton playing and which position tbh, 
which I find some of thye Brereton discussion utter pointless and very boring. 

didn't know you wasn't there. 

I see Gallagher as the target. Sharpe is confirming our interest and said Mowbray wanted him in the summer. I don't see Armstrong any more. 

Not bothered where Mulgrew's goals are from as long as he scored. 

Not Mowbray fault that players missed so many good chances and don't take them. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no one has forget the role of messageboard but we heard from the manager how he sees Brereton playing and which position tbh, 

I see Gallagher as the target. Sharpe is confirming our interest and said Mowbray wanted him in the summer. I don't see Armstrong any more. 

But YOU disagree yourself with Mowbray and have said so many times. Whats the difference? 

So surely there is no point suggesting team selections, no point suggesting transfer targets, no point suggesting substitutions, because if they are different to what Mowbray does and says then its pointless wasting our time talking about it?

Hope not, would like to think we can do better than Gallagher. 

By the same token, its not Mowbrays good work that we went 1 nil up in the first place? We've thrown away a fair few points from winning positions.

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

The best headed goal I’ve ever seen was scored by me, down at Pleasington when making an appearance for Langho B; sadly it was in the warm up and I don’t think I ever scored a headed goal in my ‘career’

Gally is ok, I had some bitterness to him for his Matt derbyshire moment against Preston but he was quite dynamic in his time here, seems like some of our young lads he’s just had half a season or so wasted but I’d have him back, still rather Joao though (said that in summer as well).

It seems likely that a striker will be a target and you have to wonder if Brereton isn’t the player Mowbray was hoping for when he signed, not denying he has potential but I don’t believe we paid £7m hoping for potential.

I just can't actually see us paying £7m for him. I think we must be paying a much smaller sum (like less than 1m) wrapped up in a lot of other conditional clauses that lead to that number.

Otherwise it's a totally crazy deal. He's looked a total fish out of water every time he's played. Not just from a physicality and technique standpoint, but also from his positioning and movement which are bizarre. He's not only not what we need, hes *profoundly* not what we need  - virtually any way you cut it. Which - when you consider we haven't spent more than 2m on a player in 5 years - is exceptionally weird. Unless he was signed for a lot less cash. Or - I hope - I'm missing some harbinger of his quality somewhere. But forgive me I can't see it.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just because it's a different opinion it shouldn't make it boring, it's a message board and opinions are expressed. Many fans disagree with Mowbray about his opinion and particularly use of Brereton but you clearly don't. If I was you I just wouldn't read let alone comment on the subject if I found it boring.

59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's what being a good header of the ball entails. You've got to risk getting nutted from time to time, some players can't handle that, just like some don't like being on the end of an heavy tackle. Other guys thrive on that sort of stuff. People used to tell me MGP was a good header of the ball - until the Chelsea game at Old Trafford. Lots of very tall guys are poor headers of the ball,  it's not unusual.

Give over ..MGP won loads in the air ..loads ..if one missed placed header means he was  bad then Blueboys video of Gally winning three ? headers means hes f8c king ace in your book !

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But YOU disagree yourself with Mowbray and have said so many times. Whats the difference? 

So surely there is no point suggesting team selections, no point suggesting transfer targets, no point suggesting substitutions, because if they are different to what Mowbray does and says then its pointless wasting our time talking about it?

Hope not, would like to think we can do better than Gallagher. 

By the same token, its not Mowbrays good work that we went 1 nil up in the first place? We've thrown away a fair few points from winning positions.

I don't keep going on and on about it. I respect Mowbray opinion and the fact he know the players better. 

I have suggest in the past try to think like Mowbray and his thoughts and process, you dismiss that and moan at me. I try to understand it from Mowbray viewpoint and the way he sees the game. 

Do better than Gallagher? like who? Look at what Gallagher and the fact he know the players, manager and the area. main factor. 

How can you blame Mowbray if the player miss a chance like Evans did yesterday? We had enough chances to win the game yesterday before they scored

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Just because it's a different opinion it shouldn't make it boring, it's a message board and opinions are expressed. Many fans disagree with Mowbray about his opinion and particularly use of Brereton but you clearly don't. If I was you I just wouldn't read let alone comment on the subject if I found it boring.

I want Mowbray to play him up front not wide but clearly Mowbray has his reasons why he is playing him mainly at the start. Which he has discuss in public. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't keep going on and on about it. I respect Mowbray opinion and the fact he know the players better. 

I have suggest in the past try to think like Mowbray and his thoughts and process, you dismiss that and moan at me. I try to understand it from Mowbray viewpoint and the way he sees the game. 

Do better than Gallagher? like who? Look at what Gallagher and the fact he know the players, manager and the area. main factor. 

How can you blame Mowbray if the player miss a chance like Evans did yesterday? We had enough chances to win the game yesterday before they scored

I want Mowbray to play him up front not wide but clearly Mowbray has his reasons why he is playing him mainly at the start. Which he has discuss in public. 

Liam Feeney, Adam Henley and Gordon Greer all know the players, manager and the area, shall we sign them too? it isnt the main factor otherwise our recruitment would be very limited.

I would prioritise a centre back, at least one full back and at least one winger. Brereton would be considered solely to be a striker and the baby gloves would come off.

I still am struggling to empathise with his treatment of Brereton. Both positionally and in terms of not being even considered to start.

I know what he has said, but explaining why he thinks its a good idea doesnt mean that I will, or that it is. I dont agree, many others dont, and you dont!

Anyway, just agree to disagree on Brereton.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Liam Feeney, Adam Henley and Gordon Greer all know the players, manager and the area, shall we sign them too? it isnt the main factor otherwise our recruitment would be very limited.

I would prioritise a centre back, at least one full back and at least one winger. Brereton would be considered solely to be a striker and the baby gloves would come off.

I still am struggling to empathise with his treatment of Brereton. Both positionally and in terms of not being even considered to start.

I know what he has said, but explaining why he thinks its a good idea doesnt mean that I will, or that it is. I dont agree, many others dont, and you dont!

Anyway, just agree to disagree on Brereton.

no I wont just agree to disagree on Brereton just like the Lambert debate in the championship thread. 

Very over the top comments by you. 

Mowbray know Gallagher and try to sign him in the summer. He will try again in January. I expect the same with Bauer aswell. 

I look at it from Mowbray viewpoint and understand why he make the decisions he does. aswell as having my own opinion. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They can only sign what’s available mate. There’s no quick fix.

In relation to Venus - They feel they don’t have the players to play that way. Which is what they’re going to try to change over the next 12 - 18 months

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Altered to echo my own view point ! 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/mowbrays-delight-at-brereton-deal/

"We had the money to spend and when you've got it, let's spend it....Let's forget about the price now and concentrate on the player"

R Sharpe confirmed it is £7m guaranteed PLUS add-ons...as did the Forest journo.  

Don't make me bring out the Trump GIF....

Edited by blueboy3333

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no I wont just agree to disagree on Brereton just like the Lambert debate in the championship thread. 

Very over the top comments by you. 

Mowbray know Gallagher and try to sign him in the summer. He will try again in January. I expect the same with Bauer aswell. 

I look at it from Mowbray viewpoint and understand why he make the decisions he does. aswell as having my own opinion. 

Ive got a challenge for you. Please can you find me an example of any other player in any league that was signed in a summer window for more than a million pounds, has had absolutely no injury issues and by mid December still hasn't started a league game.

I can't think of one, certainly not at the level we're operating at.

I expect you'll say that you aren't interested in what other clubs and managers have or haven't done but I find it very odd indeed. The whole saga from the moment we suddenly went in with a huge bid at the 11th hour has been suspect and I'm afraid when we're talking these sort of sums of money the manager's explanation is perhaps not satisfactory.

• Like 2