BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can only remember one headed  goal in all the games he played.  He was first to the ball in a crowded goalmouth and he headed the ball in from almost a crouching positin. The lad had a good leap but where the ball went after that was anybody's guess.

The goals scored was four.  Now that wasn't youre argument regarding Gally ..it was how many headers ..how many flick ons  he did .. now MGP could do both as anyone who actually watched him would know.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You dont seem to be able to fathom the points I am making:

- I dont think we are far enough in our development to be able to spend the majority of our budget on a player who isnt even in the thinking in terms of naming a starting 11, half way through the season. 

- I dont think the player from what I have seen of him and what I have read up on him is raw to the extent where he cannot even contribute, not even play when Graham is unavailable, or is not a better bet as a striker compared to Dack. I would have him as our second choice central striker at the moment, whereby a degree of cautiousness can still be used.

- I dont think the player is best suited to a wide role.

The fact that the manager and his staff have more experience of coaching than me doesnt make me any less entitled to an opinion, it doesnt make Mowbrays opinion 100% water tight and to be taken as gospel, and it isnt a valid counter argument on a fans messageboard designed for fans to air their own opinions.

Crack on then pal. ??

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Sigh. You said you didn't believe the price. It wasn't that long ago really. 10 minutes? Maybe you've forgot. It must be hard keeping up with your own fakery. 

Yea I don’t believe we paid 7m in one “net” payment.

Hardly a huge issue is it, Boris?

12 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

the

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree, if our coaching staff were that smart they wouldn't have sign Whittingham last season only to have to pay him off this season.

See this is fan madness. I don’t know a single Rovers fan who wasn’t excited by Whittingham signing. It didn’t work out, that’s life. We also signed a little tubby lad called Bradley Dack? How’d that work out? ??‍♂️???

Just now, Paul Mani said:

See this is fan madness. I don’t know a single Rovers fan who wasn’t excited by Whittingham signing. It didn’t work out, that’s life. We also signed a little tubby lad called Bradley Dack? How’d that work out? ??‍♂️???

Me, I wasn't excited, I didn't think he'd have the required mobility for the Division we were going to be playing in and that's just how it turned out. One of two other posters on here thought the same and that's before he turned out to be a flop.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Of course fans were excited. PW was a talent. Trouble is as soon as he turned up it was obvious his legs had gone and he couldn't hack League 1. 

I'd call that 'Manager Madness' for signing him when he was past it. Unless the fans scouted him?

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

But surely the manager and his coaching staff, equipped with countless hours of coaching experience, know better than us mere mortals who were naively happy with the signing? :P

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

no I wont just agree to disagree on Brereton just like the Lambert debate in the championship thread. 

What? You won't agree to disagree? You are refusing to let him disagree with you? Bit forceful Chaddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Ive got a challenge for you. Please can you find me an example of any other player in any league that was signed in a summer window for more than a million pounds, has had absolutely no injury issues and by mid December still hasn't started a league game.

I can't think of one, certainly not at the level we're operating at.

I expect you'll say that you aren't interested in what other clubs and managers have or haven't done but I find it very odd indeed. The whole saga from the moment we suddenly went in with a huge bid at the 11th hour has been suspect and I'm afraid when we're talking these sort of sums of money the manager's explanation is perhaps not satisfactory.

I will play and the answer is none did but this is the problem, you keep comparing us to other football clubs and I don't know why. 

Look at Blueboy link and Mowbray's comments that the money was there all summer, He decide on Brereton. You can come up with all the BS and the comments like I find it very odd but Mowbray's comments are very clear

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Dunn Fc wherever he is most certainly wasn't impressed with Whittingham in fact he called that exactly right !

At least Brereton can grow into a player instead of needing to grow a new pair of legs but there's a fine line between developing a player and stunting his development he has after all played plenty mins for Forest at this level and done ok that's partly why he was rated so high at 19.

If TM is to continue with that approach and it isn't down to the loan turning perm then the acquiring of another decent striker is even more important it'll give BB a bit of breathing space and take a bit of the spotlight off him.

Providing the other striker scores goals of course ?

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Hang on a goddamn minute!! You can't just quote me when it suits you. I'm on ignore remember!! Honestly, you treat me like a cheap whore. And I am not cheap!!

Unbelievable!

We have a saying here in Amsterdam …"If you put yourself in the window ……"...

Jeez lads, we’re within 6pts of the playoffs after being promoted. I really don’t know what you’re trying to prove? You’re clutching at straws if you think people are going to agree with your massive overreaction about Brereton based on us signing Whittingham? 

I’m extremely confident that the manager and staff know more about football than all of us put together. More importantly we’re massively overachieving as a small club with a fantastic history but no fans. Let’s enjoy it 

• Like 1

Ive got a challenge for you. Please can you find me an example of any other player in any league that was signed in a summer window for more than a million pounds, has had absolutely no injury issues and by mid December still hasn't started a league game.

Jordan Slew. 1.1 million, 7 years ago at that, hadn't even played at all until December when he came on as a sub in the 89th minute. Never played for us in the league again.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain cost 12 million rising to 15 million and didn't get a league start until January.

I think there are actually a lot of examples in the Prem. The big clubs do it all the time. Some of the lesser lights do too sometimes, especially with the money now I bet. A million isn't that much now. It has probably happened in the Championship too but I don't know enough to go looking.

However, what I'm absolutely sure hasn't happened is the same thing, in this league, for this money. I'd be amazed if it has ever happened in this league for more than say, 3 million tops, if that. What we have done is bizarrely unique and I hope Ben starts to start soon and maybe we can stop talking about it.

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Jeez lads, we’re within 6pts of the playoffs after being promoted. I really don’t know what you’re trying to prove? You’re clutching at straws if you think people are going to agree with your massive overreaction about Brereton based on us signing Whittingham? 

I’m extremely confident that the manager and staff know more about football than all of us put together. More importantly we’re massively overachieving as a small club with a fantastic history but no fans. Let’s enjoy it 

Medium sized club with a decent fan base considering our catchment area. 

I’m sure that was what you meant ?.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Our position or perceived overachievement is totally irrelevant.

No one is saying they could do a better job than Mowbray. Just critiquing one of his signings. On an internet messageboard. Not mutualy exclusive to enjoying the league campaign in general.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Opinions....either way we’re overachieving ??

I’d say so, yeah. 

The way I see the Brereton signing is that I wouldn’t expect him to start as he isn’t better than Graham currently, who is the best striker at the club. It’s not really an over reaction to query why our most expensive signing in years isn’t playing when Graham is out though. Particularly when we’re playing our best player in Dack out of position in order to do so....

If we simply say ‘trust Mowbray’ or whatever, then there would be no need for a message board. His decisions are discussed by fans of the club he manages on the internet, just like every other football club in the world. We aren’t unique.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’d say so, yeah. 

The way I see the Brereton signing is that I wouldn’t expect him to start as he isn’t better than Graham currently, who is the best striker at the club. It’s not really an over reaction to query why our most expensive signing in years isn’t playing when Graham is out though. Particularly when we’re playing our best player in Dack out of position in order to do so....

If we simply say ‘trust Mowbray’ or whatever, then there would be no need for a message board. His decisions are discussed by fans of the club he manages on the internet, just like every other football club in the world. We aren’t unique.

I haven’t simply just said to trust Mowbray. Iv offered points around his (BB’s) age, the time he’s been at the club as well as the managers words. You’re right, a message board is about opinions. Mine is that quite a few on here are overreacting about BB. 

• Like 1

I can't think of one, certainly not at the level we're operating at.

I think I’m right in saying that Brereton has been on the field more often than Tim Sherwood was in his first three months. Tim’s fee of $500,000 would’ve comfortably been a club record before Jack got involved.