BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

In the next two windows if we have aspirations to push for top six we need a right back, left back, centre back, two wingers, Reed on a permanent and a striker.

Obviously we aren't going to be signing that many players this winter I think that the key areas this window to strengthen are a centre back (that's been a must for a long time), a winger, a striker and if the money is there Reed on a permanent. But these players need to be players to come in a have an immediate impact starting games unlike our summer signings who have spent the majority of the season warming the bench.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Dack on his way in Jan? :)

#Bradvent get free Dack 23 shirt printing on all 18/19 replica shirts bought today in store and online at http://Roverstore.co.uk 

DACK IN SANTA'S SACK by Alan Noxious

Scumsport understands that Bradley Dack is close to the Ewood exit door despite the club cynically flogging 'Dack 23' shirts to unsuspecting parents for Christmas. Blackburn dad Mr Mercer said "I'm outraged. He'll be off to Bolton. You can be your bloody house on it. They are destroying Oweny's  legacy....Anyone fancy a nice Beaujolais?" 

Edited by blueboy3333

Once all this half ST nonsense is out the way I wonder if they will suddenly start with matchday offers to increase attendances ?

In theory they won’t / can’t because they said all deals must be reciprocal and we have played everyone once.

Not that anyone outside of Cheston and Waggott actually believe that.

Watching the games and Listening to TM , it was fairly easy to work out that we would be prioritising a striker.

CF is arguably the most important position in the team the only position we dont have nearly enough cover. Every good team has ample mainline options plus cover. Whichever way you look at it the manager doesn’t trust BB to do that job yet. Armstrong and Dack have been largely ineffective in that role and so as a manager he must be petrified of Graham getting injured.

Every other position / player is open to being replaced by better quality additions and some are needed more than others but I couldn’t see past a striker two weeks ago and I still can’t.

Prediction of what they’ll do / try to do remains: 

1) Striker on loan (experience in Champ)

2) Reed - Perm

3) Chapman - loan to perm or perm

As well as BB made perm.

Can see Palmer return plus some loans for the likes of Travis and Nuttall.

Note - A fully fit Davenport will be like a new signing. Highly rated at City and now at Rovers. Played most of his competitive games in the Champ last season and could easily have a ‘Reed’ like impact. I can see Reed, Travis and Davenport being medium to long term replacements for Smallwood and and Evans in the first Xl

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

£25m for Dack is dreamland.

Mowbray won’t be replacing Evans any time soon and he seems to have a loyalty to Smallwood.

Building a team with Rothwell at the heart of it doesnt look like happening any time soon.

Mowbray has done a great job under difficult circumstances and there is a danger that sentimentality will result in a repeat of the Bowyer situation.

We have some good young players - you don’t even mention the likes of Travis and other players knocking on the door, for instance.

What this club needsnow is another Souness. Hungry and demanding and willing to put some trust in players that Mowbray seems to view as fringe players. We need a mix and right now we have hard workers and hard workers with Dack the man upon whose shoulders all of the expectation is place. If he is out of form so are Rovers. A player like Rothwell is a good example. He has shown in cameos what he can offer to the team but is sidelined. Meanwhile Brereton has had similar cameos - more even but hasn’t show a great deal at all.

Souness with our current budget!!? ????

That’s dreamland pal. Wow!

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

What this club needsnow is another Souness. 

I have to say, I thought football had moved on from Souness in 2003 so to hear him or his style suggested as “what this club needs” in 2018 is hilarious. 

If I was asked “what this club needs” right now, my answers wouldn’t include a change of manager. The priorities for me; the return of fans, patience in the younger players, manager and staff, and more investment from the owners in the team and academy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray has to have a very good window in January. 

The defence/GK (specifically individual errors) are the positions costing us goals at an alarming rate. There is very little quality competition/cover in any position back there so that needs to be a priority. We need to score 3 to win most weeks recently, and sometimes 4 and 5. If Mowbray thinks this isn't a massive issue and is 'just where we are' then he's in the wrong job. 

He has some tough decisions to make. Re the GK, does Mogga bring someone else in like he wanted to in summer or does he stick with Raya and hope that one day he will mature and stop costing us games?  Same with Lenny and Nyambe. Bell is just not worth persevering with IMO, he's a liability and for a defender his concentration is appalling. Williams is not having a great season either. Mulgrew is not what I'd call a solid defender either.

We basically have 4 defenders and the GK capable of giving goals away every week through avoidable individual errors and/or rank bad defending. Lunacy. 

A left-winger must surely also be a priority. And back-up for DG.

The £7m paid for BB looks crazier every day...

I've been a big fan of Raya's up to now but that dash out from goal yesterday had me shaking my head. What was he thinking of ? Maybe the bang on the head has scrambled his brain. If that had have been Duffy there would have been murmurings on here. Nyambe also dropped a major bollock. It's a cardinal sin these days for a full back to be taken out of the game by an inside ball.

I thought Gladwin was top gun in training before he got " injured " ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

2) Reed - Perm

As well as BB made perm.

That isn't a prediction. That's a fact. We have to sign him. 

Reed would be a good signing, not sure about Chapman because of his injuries and the fact Mowbray has already said he won't play him. A target man to take the pressure off DG is a must, as well as a proper LW. 

An experienced, solid defender or two wouldn't go amiss either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

£25m for Dack is dreamland.

Mowbray won’t be replacing Evans any time soon and he seems to have a loyalty to Smallwood.

Building a team with Rothwell at the heart of it doesnt look like happening any time soon.

Mowbray has done a great job under difficult circumstances and there is a danger that sentimentality will result in a repeat of the Bowyer situation.

We have some good young players - you don’t even mention the likes of Travis and other players knocking on the door, for instance.

What this club needsnow is another Souness. Hungry and demanding and willing to put some trust in players that Mowbray seems to view as fringe players. We need a mix and right now we have hard workers and hard workers with Dack the man upon whose shoulders all of the expectation is place. If he is out of form so are Rovers. A player like Rothwell is a good example. He has shown in cameos what he can offer to the team but is sidelined. Meanwhile Brereton has had similar cameos - more even but hasn’t show a great deal at all.

why is 25 million pounds for Dack dreamland? Grealish was 40 mil and Dack outshone him at Ewood Park plus has Grealish produce goals and assists like Dack at this level. 

I wouldn't be replacing Evans any time either. key part of the plan going forward. 

Rothwell should be playing so I would agree. 

No Mowbray is building a team to get us promote but we are in our 1st season after promotion and haven't the expectations level gone up massively. 

what was your season prediction before the season started? was it top 6? 

@Biz response to the Souness was spot on and yet again Stuart Football management have gone on since 2003 and lets not the mess we were in when he left us. 

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

He did it pretty well at West Brom. That's the big problem with Smallwood and Evans they don't look to pass forward let alone run forward. 

very true

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Dack on his way in Jan? :)

#Bradvent get free Dack 23 shirt printing on all 18/19 replica shirts bought today in store and online at http://Roverstore.co.uk 

hasn't Mowbray and Waggott already said Dack isn't leaving in January?

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Watching the games and Listening to TM , it was fairly easy to work out that we would be prioritising a striker.

CF is arguably the most important position in the team the only position we dont have nearly enough cover. Every good team has ample mainline options plus cover. Whichever way you look at it the manager doesn’t trust BB to do that job yet. Armstrong and Dack have been largely ineffective in that role and so as a manager he must be petrified of Graham getting injured.

Every other position / player is open to being replaced by better quality additions and some are needed more than others but I couldn’t see past a striker two weeks ago and I still can’t.

2) Reed - Perm

As well as BB made perm.

Can see Palmer return plus some loans for the likes of Travis and Nuttall.

Note - A fully fit Davenport will be like a new signing. Highly rated at City and now at Rovers. Played most of his competitive games in the Champ last season and could easily have a ‘Reed’ like impact. I can see Reed, Travis and Davenport being medium to long term replacements for Smallwood and and Evans in the first Xl

I agree on Davenport. 

we need a centre back in aswell. Think Bauer will sign in the 1st 2 weeks of the window

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wigan are after Madine on loan according to Nixon. We should do the same. 

Nixon mention Braithwaite from Boro on loan. I would be after him on loan. 

40 minutes ago, Biz said:

I have to say, I thought football had moved on from Souness in 2003 so to hear him or his style suggested as “what this club needs” in 2018 is hilarious. 

If I was asked “what this club needs” right now, my answers wouldn’t include a change of manager. The priorities for me; the return of fans, patience in the younger players, manager and staff, and more investment from the owners in the team and academy. 

Pretty closed minded. You are only looking at the bad side of Souness and forgetting what he did with our youngsters.

Mowbray is sticking with the old guard and 6 defenders, regardless of results, and doesn’t have much faith in youth or much interest in starting an attacking team (unless it’s wing backs). Souness swept teams aside with the likes of Duff, Dunn and Jansen. With Berkovic as a playmaker.

I don’t see Mowbray changing this approach and nor do I see it being successful. Ironically you’ve asked fans to be patient with young players when one of my gripes is that Mowbray does not.

Ultimately, my priority is BRFC and not the initials on the tracksuit.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not really bothered what Mowbray or Waggott say about Dack. What does Dack say ?

well Dack is playing the best football of his career and manager who get the best out of him and Plays him to his strengths. 

Would a West Ham and Palace play him in his 10 position. Probabaly not. West Ham play 4-4-2 now and Palace play very defensive and I would say doesn't play to his strengths 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why is 25 million pounds for Dack dreamland? Grealish was 40 mil and Dack outshone him at Ewood Park plus has Grealish produce goals and assists like Dack at this level. 

I wouldn't be replacing Evans any time either. key part of the plan going forward. 

Rothwell should be playing so I would agree. 

No Mowbray is building a team to get us promote but we are in our 1st season after promotion and haven't the expectations level gone up massively. 

what was your season prediction before the season started? was it top 6? 

@Biz response to the Souness was spot on and yet again Stuart Football management have gone on since 2003 and lets not the mess we were in when he left us. 

Sadly you take things very literally Chris. I’m not saying bring back Souness - I’m saying someone like him.

I must have missed where Grealish has been sold for £40m. According to transfermarkt nobody has paid a fee for him ever. You are using another dreamland transfer to justify another.

Expectations of how well we should be doing have to change with time. Much like a result can be accepted “on paper” and “I’d have taken that before the game”, I’m looking for a manager who can take opportunities. When we go 1-0 down and we bring off a striker to bring on a defender; when we play against 10 men and we don’t kick on - or even look like doing; when we are 2-0 up and coasting and we replace our striker for an experiment and lose points within minutes.

On paper, midtable will be a reasonable outcome for the season. However, when the league takes shape and we are a couple of wins off the play-offs then poor decisions will come under scrutiny. To accept mediocrity and missed opportunities because “well, nobody expected any better” is to promote mediocrity.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well Dack is playing the best football of his career and manager who get the best out of him and Plays him to his strengths. 

Would a West Ham and Palace play him in his 10 position. Probabaly not. West Ham play 4-4-2 now and Palace play very defensive and I would say doesn't play to his strengths 

Would West Ham or Palace probably double his wages? If Rovers accept an offer I think he would be off in a flash particularly if it was a London club. Isn't he also back with the bimbo?

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Sadly you take things very literally Chris. I’m not saying bring back Souness - I’m saying someone like him.

I must have missed where Grealish has been sold for £40m. According to transfermarkt nobody has paid a fee for him ever. You are using another dreamland transfer to justify another.

Expectations of how well we should be doing have to change with time. Much like a result can be accepted “on paper” and “I’d have taken that before the game”, I’m looking for a manager who can take opportunities. When we go 1-0 down and we bring off a striker to bring on a defender; when we play against 10 men and we don’t kick on - or even look like doing; when we are 2-0 up and coasting and we replace our striker for an experiment and lose points within minutes.

On paper, midtable will be a reasonable outcome for the season. However, when the league takes shape and we are a couple of wins off the play-offs then poor decisions will come under scrutiny. To accept mediocrity and missed opportunities because “well, nobody expected any better” is to promote mediocrity.

like who? why not say a manger who play players Rothwell from the start and to his strengths then?

That fee was quoted in the press for Grealish plus I think Bruce comments said the same. 

I would have taken 12 place at the start of the season very much with kicking on next season for the playoffs. similar to Sheff United way last and this seasons. 

How is 12th place medicore when we have just get promoted from league 1. Look at Wigan struggles this season apart from when we play them

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Would West Ham or Palace probably double his wages? If Rovers accept an offer I think he would be off in a flash particularly if it was a London club. Isn't he also back with the bimbo?

Yes you are right.

Yes he back with Olivia Attwood at the minute but Dack has to do what is best for his footballing career 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

like who? why not say a manger who play players Rothwell from the start and to his strengths then?

That fee was quoted in the press for Grealish plus I think Bruce comments said the same. 

I would have taken 12 place at the start of the season very much with kicking on next season for the playoffs. similar to Sheff United way last and this seasons. 

How is 12th place medicore when we have just get promoted from league 1. Look at Wigan struggles this season apart from when we play them

The thing is, I dont think ive seen anyone say our league position is not good enough. Thats not what people are questioning. 

Have I seen people question his recruitment? Yes. His team selections? Yes. Our constant throwing away of points? Yes.

Just hurling valid, constructive individual criticisms and discussion under the "yeah but we are meeting expectations in terms of our position" is totally missing the point.