BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I certainly wouldn't be sending him to Lincoln given the lack of football they have given Wharton plus Travis is to good for League 2. If he is going to play there then Portsmouth would be a great move for him.

Or Wycombe. 

But needs to play regular. Same with Joe Nuttall

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rodwell is never a centre back in a million years so I disagree. 

Im not convinced, wonder if theres an element of lazy journalism assuming we will re-sign players we have had in the past.

4-3-3 would mean Dack wouldnt be in the side so no to that, we cannot break up or interfere with the Graham and Dack partnership.

I dont think that there is a problem with playing 4-2-3-1 and it certainly doesnt have to incorporate the current direct, long ball, percentage based football that we currently play.

We just need to make sure that we upgrade upon some of the players down the sides, ie at full back and out wide.

Mowbray also needs to trust and get the most out of his summer signings, notably moving Reed central, playing Rodwell more often (solely as a midfielder) and also by giving Palmer and in particular Rothwell more of a chance, especially to nail down the left of the 3 behind Graham. A direct right winger for the other side as a starter and that would have the potential to be much more threatening.

No Roversfan99. I was talking about the 4-3-3 formation for next season if Dack is sold in January or Summer. Dont see any sale in January myself. 

Is Rodwell exactly fit at the minute? 

Mowbray praised Gallagher last week and they got on well during his spell here last time. 

Mowbray mention Chapman at the fans meeting. Bauer was a target in summer. 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

I certainly wouldn't be sending him to Lincoln given the lack of football they have given Wharton plus Travis is to good for League 2. If he is going to play there then Portsmouth would be a great move for him.

Agree, Lincoln can fuck right off for both those reasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mid-table was what Waggott disclosed. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16986757.were-mid-table-for-wages-rovers-ceo-waggott/

We were also about 5th in the Championship net transfer spend table this summer.

You're officially clueless mate. WOW! 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mid-table was what Waggott disclosed. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16986757.were-mid-table-for-wages-rovers-ceo-waggott/

We were also about 5th in the Championship net transfer spend table this summer.

You're officially clueless mate. WOW! 

Come on, this is Mani, he's on par with chaddy and Gavin for the delusional tripe.

25 minutes ago, AAK said:

Come on, this is Mani, he's on par with chaddy and Gavin for the delusional tripe.

Ahhh just as I thought. A current boycotter!! What would you know pal, you don’t even go to the game. Prob still hiding behind hating Venkys! Get your hand in your pocket, with a bit of festive cheer and get supporting your team!

3 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Here’s my reading of the summer transfers and the Jan priorities:

Rodwell - long shot bet with big upside

Reed - Sign in January

Rothwell - signed as a Payne replacement i.e. cover for Dack (who is never injured or dropped, but we need cover).

Davenport - TBC

Palmer - southern softie, return to sender.

Armstrong - A bust. Not big or strong enough to lead the line and we won’t be playing 4-4-2 till we replace half the team.

Brereton - I’ve been willing to give him time but his demeanour waiting to come on Saturday infuriated me: shivering, blowing into his hands, he looked more like Billy Caspar in Kes than a professional.

Needs: Glen Keeley, Windy Miller, Howard Kendall, Simon Garner

5/10?

The January window is a funny one really in terms of which way we go with it. Given our return over the first 20-21 games we aren't that far off the pace for the top 6, and in theory 2-3 quality additions could push us on and into contention. Then again, if we get through the next 4-5 tough games without any wins we can probably say our attentions will be more towards keeping clear of the bottom 4-5 sides rather than catching the top 7-8. 

I'd be reluctant to spend money on loan players who will only be here until May unless the players in question were difference makers to haul us into contention. 

Would either Bauer or Chapman be in any fit state to come in and start playing games for us? Surely we could arrange a pre-contract deal with Bauer which would see him come in next summer for free? Chapman I've no idea where he's at fitness wise these days but again, given the weight Mowbray seems to place on new players having to acclimatise and settle in before they are in contention to play I presume that would apply and it would be some time before either were ready to play for us.

58 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mason Holgate anyone? Versatile and competent 

Is he available for loan ?

Should imagine a few teams would be in for him. I'd have him here but would nyambe then drop to the bench. Could hamper his development, could push him and make him a better player . Holgate would be decent for us imo

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is he available for loan ?

Everton's have made him available.  I'd take Baines if not .

Also, I've banged on about this lad for a while, Ben Whiteman at Donny...he's on the verge of joining Kenny jackett at Pompey and they are virtually promoted and he knows a good player....I think hed come here, good feet, can score from midfield....Basically a central midfielder who can play. Tony should have a proper look. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Everton's have made him available.  I'd take Baines if not .

Also, I've banged on about this lad for a while, Ben Whiteman at Donny...he's on the verge of joining Kenny jackett at Pompey and they are virtually promoted and he knows a good player....I think hed come here, good feet, can score from midfield....Basically a central midfielder who can play. Tony should have a proper look. 

We already have Rothwell. Tony doesn’t value that kind of central midfielder.

20 hours ago, Stuart said:
20 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nah, he's more defensive minded than rothwell. Different player, more a good smallwood...

Attacking MF according to his wiki. A box-to-box MF according to him. Nothing like Smallwood, although if we played with genuine central midfielders and not just two water-carriers then I'm sure he might we worth a look. Then again if we played like that we might concede even more goals. Tough balancing act.