BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17312625.no-excuses-for-rovers-after-investment-in-recruitment/

“I think the recruitment department is about ready to run on full fuel"

Ignore the last window, nothing to see there. Judge me from now!?

“Every manager in the world gets judged on his recruitment of players as those are guys that can either win or lose you football matches.”

Amen. 

'Ben Brereton’s move will be made permanent when the window re-opens on January 1'

Weep.

• Like 1

If I was management I'd be saying to the manager. You have three seasons to get this team into the two 6 use what you have and develop a style now to be used in future seasons. 

That would mean players such as Brereton Rothwell Davenport (when fit) Armstrong and the rest would be targeted to build a system that plays to their strengths. 

I think a quality centre defender who can lead is the first signing that should be made and then Lenihan can fight Mulgrew for the other sport. 

I've got a feeling that any interest for teams above us in the summer for Dack will make him push a move to leave. I wouldn't blame the guy for being ambitious which is why we need to put a plan in place now to come away from being a one man dimensional team.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Problem is now we are staring at a possible relegation skirmish instead of a push for play offs, the calibre of the loan moves might be affected. Dont think Gallagher will fancy another season like his last here....Tony needs a couple of wins straight away 

To be fair it's probably his level. It's where he has been the last 3 seasons.

• Like 1

January could be massive. He needs to bring in 1 CB as a minimum and it should be a priority, as in, that player should have already been identified and a deal already being worked on. 

Need at least one full back also. Wingers would be nice but I can't see us signing many players in January. Sounded like Palmer was off back so we might loan another to replace.

CF was my #1 priority but this has slid to number #3 in the pecking order following one disastrous defensive display after another. Number 1 on the list has to be a double hard, no nonsense, big bugger at CB. Closely followed by a LB who actually resembles a LB rather than the shower of sh!te we’ve seen there all season in two different guises. Next up has to be a CF who can challenge Graham - note to Tony - not to be shunted out wide. We could also do with at least one winger and a central midfielder to finally knock the King off his perch. 

Just how the heck are we in this recruitment position after shelling out the best part of £10 million in the summer? 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

25 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

January could be massive. He needs to bring in 1 CB as a minimum and it should be a priority, as in, that player should have already been identified and a deal already being worked on. 

Need at least one full back also. Wingers would be nice but I can't see us signing many players in January. Sounded like Palmer was off back so we might loan another to replace.

It needs to be a good one who's coming in to make the spot his own but that i don't think that will happen even if TM has the money. More likely just another 'squaddie' to bloat the wage bill but hardly get used.

I've no faith he'll sign anyone to replace anyone either now or in the summer he's set his stall out and very much just wants guys he can rotate or sling in and out as back up to the others no matter what they offer. Said it before but in order to best utilise what he has and add in some real quality first choicers he'll have to alter his core style of football and formation permanently.

• Like 2

The last few months have shown the limitations of this team and if the club want to in the future to be pushing for the top 6 (which I assume is the aim having spent £10 million in the summer) I honestly think we probably need to add 7-8 players. A right back, a left back, 2 centre backs, 2 wingers and a centre forward. I'd also like to see Reed added on a permanent and if he's not we need another Midfielder. There's also a lot of deadwood that needs shifting.

I'm not naïve enough to think we are going to sign 7-8 but in January we need 3-4 players to make sure that the summer rebuild is taking place as a Championship club. The priorities for me are a centre back, a winger, striker and a left back.

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The last few months have shown the limitations of this team and if the club want to in the future to be pushing for the top 6 (which I assume is the aim having spent £10 million in the summer) I honestly think we probably need to add 7-8 players. A right back, a left back, 2 centre backs, 2 wingers and a centre forward. I'd also like to see Reed added on a permanent and if he's not we need another Midfielder. There's also a lot of deadwood that needs shifting.

I'm not naïve enough to think we are going to sign 7-8 but in January we need 3-4 players to make sure that the summer rebuild is taking place as a Championship club. The priorities for me are a centre back, a winger, striker and a left back.

I agree. The problem we now have is Tony has handed new contracts out like confetti so we would need to get some off the wage bill.

If ,Iike he said, he wants to add quality and have us challenging in the next couple of windows then why has he handed out contracts to players that need replacing. 

What he says and what he does are so far contrasting it's getting farcical

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

I also wonder if a winger would make a huge difference to the team, as an outlet, for widening the pitch, enhanced creativity and enabling other more suitable midfielders to play inside. We're so narrow it's untrue. Another benefit would be it takes pressure off the full backs to attack and defend.

Just now, Blue blood said:

I also wonder if a winger would make a huge difference to the team, as an outlet, for widening the pitch, enhanced creativity and enabling other more suitable midfielders to play inside. We're so narrow it's untrue. Another benefit would be it takes pressure off the full backs to attack and defend.

We’re calling out for 2 x true wingers rather than this striker come winger/inside forward rollocks.

49 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

CF was my #1 priority but this has slid to number #3 in the pecking order following one disastrous defensive display after another. Number 1 on the list has to be a double hard, no nonsense, big bugger at CB. Closely followed by a LB who actually resembles a LB rather than the shower of sh!te we’ve seen there all season in two different guises. Next up has to be a CF who can challenge Graham - note to Tony - not to be shunted out wide. We could also do with at least one winger and a central midfielder to finally knock the King off his perch. 

Just how the heck are we in this recruitment position after shelling out the best part of £10 million in the summer? 

By selling Dack

10 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Hanley back on loan?

Why would Norwich even considering letting him go? He's their club captain, just signed a new long term contract and now he has got back fit after a few months out with injury I would imagine he will be back in the side especially considering they have conceded 7 in their last 2 games.

This time two years ago under Coyle, we'd conceded 40 goals, the exact same as this season, have we really improved since then at championship level? I'd argue not. The defence is the exact same, same players, same errors and same awful defending. Back then I would argue we had a better forward line to with Gallagher, Emnes and Graham, with the addition of Joao also. Central midfield is the same, Evans and a dolloper at the side of him (was Lowe, now Smallwood). We've still got poor or no wingers. What's changed?

• Like 7

• Backroom
Just now, bluefred said:

Is there any serious interest in dack?

Not at the £15m quoted in summer I’d imagine, he’s scored goals in this league but watching scouts may have not seen enough to go that far 

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Grant Hanley is being made available for loan by Norwich. 

He would be a great addition to get us through this season

We should be all over that if true.

While we're at it get Scott Wharton back as well and let's have two actual centre halves playing in those positions as opposed to converted midfielders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Grant Hanley is being made available for loan by Norwich. 

He would be a great addition to get us through this season

I’ll go pick him up. 

Give him the arm band too.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1