BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

6 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

That contradicts what Mowbray said at the supporters consultation meeting.

He said Boro were constantly on the phone asking if Rovers are still interested in Chapman.

Mowbray then went on to point out that Chapman currently wouldn't get in our team and his contract is up in the summer so why would he make any commitment at this point in time. This may not have made the radio edit.   

Then why did he try to get him in at the death of the transfer window?

I see he is on the bench again today for Boro. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

9 hours ago, AJW said:

Of all the players people are suggesting , and there have been some good ones , I don't see anyone who plays left back ????? .... Odd

Good left backs aren't all that common in truth. I feel like we've spent most of our time whilst I've been a fan (from about 93 onwards) lamenting our lack of a good left back. Off my head, the only good ones we've had in that time have been Le Saux, Givet, and Warnock. England haven't exactly been blessed with them either, apart from Ashley Cole. It can be a tough position to fill well.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

No Palmer in today’s squad, that could well be a sign that he’s off back to Chelsea to go on loan elsewhere 

I'm indifferent to him staying or going to be honest. There's a player in there, and it's handy to have that string in our bow in the squad, but his impact has been highly sporadic. May go on to be top class, but don't see much reason for us to wait around for that. It would also behove the player to move elsewhere. Doesn't fit our approach, at least not while we have Dack.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

No Palmer in today’s squad, that could well be a sign that he’s off back to Chelsea to go on loan elsewhere 

Rich Sharpe in LT:-

'No word on why Kasey Palmer isn't involved today. Tony Mowbray told me on Thursday that he had been given permission to play by Chelsea. Will check with him after the game'

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

I could put up with getting Hudson-Odoi on a loan swap.

I said that a few weeks ago. Turns out Bayern have offered 30 million and Chelsea are holding out for 40 even with not much left on his contract. He's a great player. I was being optimistic worh our chances of getting a loan in for him. He destroyed our left back at leyland earlier in the season and has made the step up with ease

Edited by Oldgregg86

6 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Then why did he try to get him in at the death of the transfer window?

I see he is on the bench again today for Boro. 

Who knows ? He also said Armstrong was only on  the 'C' list and then bought him. Maybe bluffing ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Good left backs aren't all that common in truth. I feel like we've spent most of our time whilst I've been a fan (from about 93 onwards) lamenting our lack of a good left back. Off my head, the only good ones we've had in that time have been Le Saux, Givet, and Warnock. England haven't exactly been blessed with them either, apart from Ashley Cole. It can be a tough position to fill well.

I'd put Alan Wright and Stig Bjyornbye in there as well ...2 more left back who were with us in the 2nd tier that were far better than we have now

Edited by AJW
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Tom Eaves looks like a quality striker. A young Peter Crouch with strength. Has a a terrific touch, is strong on the ball and is about 8ft 6. Him and Dacky could make beautiful music upfront for us. 

Would be a bit of a gamble. Done well the last couple of seasons but prior to that he has never pulled up any trees, 4 in 40 for Yeovil before joining the Gils.

9 hours ago, AJW said:

I'd put Alan Wright and Stig Bjyornbye in there as well ...2 more left back who were with us in the 2nd tier that were far better than we have now

I don't think there was much between Tommy Spurr and Williams, to be honest although the back up in Bell is better than what we had previously but barring the odd exception does anyone have good full backs in this league ?

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't think there was much between Tommy Spurr and Williams, to be honest although the back up in Bell is better than what we had previously but barring the odd exception does anyone have good full backs in this league ?

Who was that RB that was so good that we had to play two LB's to nullify?