BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Didn't charge my phone last night as I knew it could be charged through the magic of electricity.

Risky business!

Edited by K-Hod

Not much  discussion of Kasey Palmer leaving for Bristol City. Will he be missed? Certainly has ability but Mowbray clearly doesn't trust him, hence Chelsea's apparent annoyance at recalling him because of lack of game time and then sending him straight back out on loan to Ashton Gate. 

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Not much  discussion of Kasey Palmer leaving for Bristol City. Will he be missed? Certainly has ability but Mowbray clearly doesn't trust him, hence Chelsea's apparent annoyance at recalling him because of lack of game time and then sending him straight back out on loan to Ashton Gate. 

Would you have started him over Dack?  

He couldn't get in his preferred position because our best player plays there. The whole recall makes perfect sense tbf 

Powder will be kept dry till summer AKA all the powder has already been detonated on .........

We need many many Indian people eating their bodyweight every week in chicken to get some more money by summer !

To be honest Palmer is one of those who I've forgotten was actually a Rovers player and an option on more than one occasion over the last few months. Underwhelming but then again we all know deep down he's likely to go to Bristol City and become a hero there in the next few months, probably score a few vital goals and be very popular.

I'd sooner have him on the bench than someone else like Ben Gladwin so lets hope someone else of reasonable quality is being brought in to replace him.

Chelsea employ ‘loan managers’, just to keep tabs on them all. How the other half live ay!

Mowbray in the LT:

’Joe Cole was down only 10 days ago and watching training and was talking about Kasey as one of their loan managers.

We discussed why he hasn’t played, why he has played, what he needs to work on, and all that sort of stuff. They employ people to keep an eye on their loan players.’

Edited by Mattyblue

37 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Can't get into the team? Rather than buckling down, working hard and impressing when you get your chance, just call your club's loan manager and he'll sort you a move out to another club.

Seems wrong to me, and surely can't be good for the players longterm development. No wonder players such as Palmer, Izzy Brown & Todd Kane are still being shunted out on loan to clubs rather than having made it into the Chelsea first team (or that of another Prem team) - compare the situation of these loan players with that of someone like Dele Ali, who had to actually impress the manager in order to get himself some game time at MK Dons, and you can see why they don't develop the mental fortitude and determination needed to succeed at the highest level.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Chelsea annoyed at the lack of revenue as the deal produced more from starts. We paid a very small portion of his wage.

53 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We certainly won't be getting any more players from Chelsea in a hurry.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

We certainly won't be getting any more players from Chelsea in a hurry.

Exactly my thoughts. Chelsea have every right to be miffed at Rovers after Palmer's successful spells at Derby and Huddersfield

Edited by jim mk2

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Exactly my thoughts. Chelsea have every right to be miffed at Rovers after Palmer's successful spells at Derby and Huddersfield

yep ..we should have dropped Dack . And when he was actually on the pitch he stood out like a beacon ?  I think not.

Success at Derby ? ..They really fought tooth and nail to to keep him/sign him.

He keeps borrowing these types then never uses them properly to see what they have got it's a case of i'll chuck you on somewhere to see what you can do then when you flop you'll be frozen out or sent back.

Can only really assume it's because these big clubs lend them very cheaply initially and it's a nice way to fluff up the squad without committing to much and the bonus is every now and they you might get lucky with one who contributes something.  Be nice if a bit of that strategic planning we are hoping for went into these loan punts, horses for courses sort of thing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

yep ..we should have dropped Dack . And when he was actually on the pitch he stood out like a beacon ?  I think not.

Success at Derby ? ..They really fought tooth and nail to to keep him/sign him.

I liked Palmer. I thought there were some home games early in the season when he looked one of if not our best player but was hooked around the 63rd minute anyway . If we're only going to play one striker and no wingers I'd have liked to see Palmer lining up alongside Dack far more often.

In general irrespective of Palmer's ability I think it's the ultimate show of disrespect to ask a Club from a higher division if we can borrow one of their players and then use them simply to fill the bench.

We did it when GB was here as well and loaned Barrow from Swansea. He got recalled after a few weeks. I don't even see the advantage from our point of view, the Palmer deal won't have been THAT cheap, there would have been some sort of loan fee involved and for the amount of game time Palmer has had we might as well have given someone like Tomlinson some experience.

Mind you, there's still another 89 Clubs we can ask I guess.......

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I liked Palmer. I thought there were some home games early in the season when he looked one of if not our best player but was hooked around the 63rd minute anyway . If we're only going to play one striker and no wingers I'd have liked to see Palmer lining up alongside Dack far more often.

In general irrespective of Palmer's ability I think it's the ultimate show of disrespect to ask a Club from a higher division if we can borrow one of their players and then use them simply to fill the bench.

We did it when GB was here as well and loaned Barrow from Swansea. He got recalled after a few weeks. I don't even see the advantage from our point of view, the Palmer deal won't have been THAT cheap, there would have been some sort of loan fee involved and for the amount of game time Palmer has had we might as well have given someone like Tomlinson some experience.

Mind you, there's still another 89 Clubs we can ask I guess.......

A loan is a loan Rev. 

Its a two way thing  we are paying part of the players wage and want as much out of that player just as Chelsea would want experience for that player, But if he's not upto scratch ..poor in training or kept out of the team by better performing players then that's how it should be regardless of parent club.

Again a two way thing and we re well within our rights not to play  the player for whatever reason TM and Co. see.

Palmer now onto his fourth loan club ..and still no takers.

• Like 1

Talking of Kasey Palmer, I notice that Tod Kane is currently on loan at Hull.  he's 25 and is still under contract at Chelsea without ever playing a game for them.  Sums up the situation really.  Big clubs hoover up players and stash them in their academies where they rot away until no-one is prepared to loan them anymore.  There needs to be a change in the rules because so many players are getting lost to the game because of this.  Look at your national team's efforts ion the world cup where most of the top performers weren't players who had come through these elite academies despite us keep hearing how great they will be for the future of football.

It’s odd though. They would have realised many years ago that Todd Kane won’t ever make it at their level, so why hoard players of that ilk for so long? 

Unless the loan fees themselves are lucrative? Yet, using Palmer as an example, they still pay most of the wages.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s odd though. They would have realised many years ago that Todd Kane won’t ever make it at their level, so why hoard players of that ilk for so long? 

Unless the loan fees themselves are lucrative? Yet, using Palmer as an example, they still pay most of the wages.

I thought he was a talented player. Why hasn't he (agent?) found a move to somewhere he can play regularly......like Ewood?

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Palmer averaged 52.5 minutes per appearance for Huddersfield, 28 minutes per appearance for Derby and 54.5 minutes per appearance for us.

In his season in the Championship for Huddersfield he played 24 times.  He has played in 14 league matches in half a season for us.

I don’t think we have used him any differently in terms of game time to his previous loans, which I feel is a reflection of the difficulty he seems to have to influence games.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Chelsea employ ‘loan managers’, just to keep tabs on them all. How the other half live ay!

Mowbray in the LT:

’Joe Cole was down only 10 days ago and watching training and was talking about Kasey as one of their loan managers.

We discussed why he hasn’t played, why he has played, what he needs to work on, and all that sort of stuff. They employ people to keep an eye on their loan players.’

We - Bristol City - also have a full time loans manager (Brian Tinnion) who looks after the players we have out on loan. He regularly tweets updates on their doings, which is better than losing sight of them. You may have noticed Martin Keown recently recommending we get Antoine Semenyo back from Newport!

Edited by Leveller