BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sounds conclusive :) 

I know! Sorry, just what I'd heard so thought I'd post it... 

Hope it's not Downing, brilliant backup.

• Like 3

I seriously hope it isn't Downing I think i'd have him in over Lenihen to be honest but even so he's proved a shrewd back up signing by TM and has never let us down. Not healthy though when back ups are seen as just that and have no chance of dislodging the favs no matter how well they might perform. Also there'd better be another centre half coming in as that leaves us light i'm no fan of Williams or Rodwell in there unless desperate.

29 minutes ago, Madon said:

Downing certainly wants a move - closer to Birmingham and regular football.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

I've been away from this forum for a while, what happened to Chaddy?

He had a month ban (not sure why, don't know the ins and outs) the ban is over but he is yet to return.

Just now, Madon said:

He had a month ban (not sure why, don't know the ins and outs) the ban is over but he is yet to return.

He were always controversial and pretty annoying but he did start a lot of different conversations. This thread so far has gone through small periods of transfer speculation and then reverted back to arguing over Brereton.

54 minutes ago, Madon said:

I'm only joking, more concrete than some of the stuff here. 

Ya, I hope not either. Although I'd say he would want to play more. Great back up alright, never let us down. 

• Like 1

I can't work out if the boards are better with or without chaddy.  He certainly adds to and creates debate and yet at the same time manages to detracts the whole thread for large periods. He introduces me to players and managers I've never heard of and interesting information regarding lots of other teams and I usually agree with him on everything non rovers related yet it has been easier reading people's posts without all the bickering and multi quoting yet I strangley miss the guy....

And mark45 . 

Come home boys

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

...moving closer to Birmingham ? 

You're on your own there !

Some "BIG" clubs in Birmingham, didn't you know?

Hanley, Gallagher, Chapman, now Marshall mentioned in the "Ex player returning" sweepstakes... out of interest who would people actually be universally happy to have back from our exes of recent years who are even 50% attainable.

For me I would say Gestede. But I'm sure many would disagree due to possible attitude issues he may have had in January before we sold him. 

... and Martin Olsson??

Edited by Angry_Pirate

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Hanley, Gallagher, Chapman, now Marshall mentioned in the "Ex player returning" sweepstakes... out of interest who would people actually be universally happy to have back from our exes of recent years who are even 50% attainable.

For me Hanley ((wages permitting) and Chapman.

I'd take Rhodes as well if it was realistic but once again wages might make that a non starter.

They do say never go back though so maybe we'd be off better looking elsewhere and the recruitment department doing some actual work!

16 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Thought mark45 had been thrown in the cellar of a Bavarian vineyard never to appear on brfcs again :)

Mark the bad Homburg broken English speaking German Rovers fan who let his guard slip by speaking perfect English when he got irate ?

Homburg or Haslingden ?  I think he was confused.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, frosty said:

Apart from the autumn of the 14/15 season when he was excellent for a few games on the wing (left wing, IIRC), I think Marshall's best spell for us was at right back under Lambert. I don't think I'd have him there now though, I'd rather let Nyambe keep developing, even if he's been picking up a few injuries lately.

He'd probably offer a bit more on the wing than some of what we've got (and is a genuine winger) but not sure....still think we can look elsewhere and do better.

He'd certainly offer far more on the wing than what weve got. Mowbrays choices of wide men, especially this season have not worked out in terms of goals and assists. Marshall offers far more, getting 3 goals and 5 assists in 16 appearances at Millwall last season and playing a huge role in their sudden surge up to the brink of the play offs. He has a track record at this level too.

I find it strange that our fans turn our nose up at him (admittedly he is a prick but still) yet foam at the mouth over Chapman, who yes certainly has talent, but has injury issues, our manager has admitted he doesnt seem him starting games any time soon, and he doesnt have a track record.

I alsways found him to be far less effective at full back, and he played there at a time when the main alternative was Adam Henley and then a very raw Ryan Nyambe (in his last half season under Coyle) therefore it was needs must.

As has been touched on, the conversation is a bit moot as he would never come back but he would walk into the side.

I find Mowbrays comments about needing a target man a little strange, and am unconvinced that he sees a winger as a priority which is a worry. He said “With total respect to Ben Woodburn, we have invested in a player (Ben Brereton) who has mobility, can run with the ball, create chances and score goals and is a mobile, agile, type of striker." Not only have we not seen any of that, but it suggests that the solution to our winger issue is Ben Brereton in Mowbrays eyes! It also mentions Sam Gallagher as a target man, but thats not a quote from Mowbray so hopefully it is just an inaccurate comparison from Rich Sharpe.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17349186.mowbray-distances-rovers-from-links-with-liverpool-youngster/

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I would hope so, but hasn't he played more in Smallwood and Evans position that Dacks? I would love to see him get a run in Dacks off the bench regularly, but then I suppose if we are taking Dack off, ToMo generally favours a defensive replacement.  

No, I doubt they would, but did they think it would be different at sheffield united I wonder? To send him somewhere to start is a lot to ask, he is only 17. Can you see many manager sin the Championship starting a 17 year old loanee?

No. Rothwell plays wide almost exclusively, he has played central midfield once or twice (think for the last 15 minutes against Rotherham (?) at home he went there as we chased the game, he played there at Bournemouth too) but he plays on the left wing usually. Theres no way he can be trusted to be a central midfielder, he takes risks running with the ball and they would be potentially fatal there, yet far more dangerous in the final third, assuming he doesnt lose it as much as he did at Bramall Lane.

There are very few occasions (when hes carrying a knock) that I would consider taking Dack off full stop, so for me thats not a viable place for him either. But he would be first back up should Dack get injured IMO.

2 hours ago, Madon said:

Heard someone is leaving today or tomorrow, think it may be Downing but don't count me on it!

If Downing goes, he has to be replaced surely.

• Like 1