BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Christ almighty. Ridiculous.

Not really is it Mowbray is a cautious manager who would rather (to use his terms) have soldier's than artists. Palmer would want to play one of the 3 roles behind the striker, Dack is nailed on for the central role, he likes a defensive minded player like Bennett or Reed on one side and that leaves the likes of Palmer, Rothwell, Armstrong etc fighting for one role and as Tony likes to tinker none of them get a regular run. Under a more attacking manager those players have two positions to fight for rather than just one and they then get to play more games and build up form and understandings. Also under a more attacking manager he would give him more freedom to create and show the artist in him whereas Mowbray was more about getting him to defened and wanted to make him more soldier than artist which I don't really think was his game.

Not sure why it's ridiculous I'd say it pretty clear that Mowbray would rather have someone in the Bennett mould than someone like Palmer or Rothwell.

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Back on Ben Marshall, he's not in the Norwich squad today, suggesting that he could well be off somewhere (not especially likely to be us).

On the off chance that it is, I don't think it'd be an especially sensible use of funds, despite his obvious talent. Don't think I remember a player at Rovers who can be better summed up by 'feast or famine'. 

Marshall was in the stands watching his linked destination club Millwall play something associated with football.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he decided to have a word with Mowbray after the game instead.

Edited by CD_93

19 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not really is it Mowbray is a cautious manager who would rather (to use his terms) have soldier's than artists. Palmer would want to play one of the 3 roles behind the striker, Dack is nailed on for the central role, he likes a defensive minded player like Bennett or Reed on one side and that leaves the likes of Palmer, Rothwell, Armstrong etc fighting for one role and as Tony likes to tinker none of them get a regular run. Under a more attacking manager those players have two positions to fight for rather than just one and they then get to play more games and build up form and understandings. Also under a more attacking manager he would give him more freedom to create and show the artist in him whereas Mowbray was more about getting him to defened and wanted to make him more soldier than artist which I don't really think was his game.

Not sure why it's ridiculous I'd say it pretty clear that Mowbray would rather have someone in the Bennett mould than someone like Palmer or Rothwell.

Ah right, you see that reads a bit more balanced.

Just getting a little tired of some finding ways to slag TM about absolutely everything, some have seemed disappointed that we didn’t go out of our way to develop a Chelsea youth product even though he didn’t really fit into the team or pull up any trees when he played.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

No Mulgrew in the squad but Downing can’t even make the bench, that’s his exit confirmed!

Bad move in my eyes. Hope we have at least one good centre half lined up, but it doesn't sound like it. We seem to intend using our young lad who couldn't break into a League 2 side.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Millwall must have been horrendous to have a goal head start and still not score.

Proved me wrong didn’t he! I was bricking it.

p.s. You are being smug and you have hurt my feelings

• Like 2

So, is this the start of the week we get our act together in the transfer window? Or do we continue with the waiting game?

Out of interest: what does everyone think we need (in this window), and who do you think are realistic targets to fill these positions?

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Leftie.. ..Shane Ferguson from millwall for me. Should be no problem getting him.

Wasn't impressed Saturday by all accounts. Granted I don't watch Millwall in general though. I like Gregory from them very good striker.

36 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Leftie.. ..Shane Ferguson from millwall for me. Should be no problem getting him.

Seemed slow and not much of a threat at all on Saturday. Aside from the 2 goals he scored in the FA Cup last week, he's only got 4 goals in over 100 for Millwall with a lot of those games in League One, we could do much much better than him. A poor man's Conway.