BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

57 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

depends if I thought I could fix it for nothing.......

I think Bell was another one bought as a potential investment rather than a player who could immediately improve the first 11. He's got pace so I'm not writing the lad off completely but he does appear to be a slow learner. For a full back pace will only get you so far, Tackling ability and a bit of aggression are also essential ingredients and he's not overly endowed with either of those at the moment.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17366433.tony-mowbray-on-the-difficulties-of-strengthening-in-January/

Some comments here from Mowbray that worry me. He says "I wouldn’t want the fans to think we are going to sign three players who are going to play up front, in midfield and one at the back and be better than Mulgrew, Evans, Reed or Smallwood, or better than Dack or Graham, because I like the team."  Whilst it may not be possible to get anyone as good as Graham we certainly need someone who is capable of doing Graham's job when he is not on the pitch. Also rather worrying that he singles out Smallwood and Evans because I would say if we want to progress from mid table then we need to improve on those two in central midfield, hopefully Mowbray will see Travis as one of those upgrades. 

He also says "Reedy can play central midfield, he can play wide right, wide left, or right back, and we’ve also got Nyambe and Bennett who can play that."  It's not a case of Reedy can play central midfield he is by head and shoulders our best central midfielder disappointing that Mowbray doesn't see that but see him as more a utility player. If that is how he views Reed I would say Reed is unlikely to want a permanent stay. As for him saying Bennett can play right back I think its clear to everyone that he is not good enough to play right back yet after numerous poor performances there this season Mowbray still can't see that. 

The thing is we need to be thinking that we are going to sign players that are better than the players he named. How else are we going to challenge for a play off spot ?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Latest rumour being Maja from Sunderland - sign permanently but loan end of the season at Sunderland

8 million last time i heard? We ain’t spending that again anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Latest rumour being Maja from Sunderland - sign permanently but loan end of the season at Sunderland

Where have you seen that? I can’t see anything linking us with him? 

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Sadly inevitable this kind of stuff would start - thought it would be summer though.

It’s the Sun.  who works for the Sun who is always trying to sell our players?  For those who want th3 answer,  Nikko 

where is Chaddy when you need him.

• Backroom

Some odd comments in that interview from Mowbray, wonder if the tap has been switched off after Brereton.

In fact the Brereton signing is completely at odds with what he’s saying there 

Tony can't spot a player when there training in front of him every day how he expects to sign squad fillers and keep Graham and mulgrew fit enough and dack away from the big boys to have us compete in the top six in 18 months is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, EwoodGlory said:

“The 21-year-old has broken into the first team at Ewood Park this season and has FIVE Premier League clubs watching him regularly.”                                  What a load of bollocks :lol: watching him regularly? He’s started what, four games with his first start less than a month ago? But yes these premier league sides have been watching him regularly.. Lazy journalism. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17366433.tony-mowbray-on-the-difficulties-of-strengthening-in-January/

Some comments here from Mowbray that worry me. He says "I wouldn’t want the fans to think we are going to sign three players who are going to play up front, in midfield and one at the back and be better than Mulgrew, Evans, Reed or Smallwood, or better than Dack or Graham, because I like the team." 

I like Mowbray but what a load of crap.

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Some comments here from Mowbray that worry me. He says "I wouldn’t want the fans to think we are going to sign three players who are going to play up front, in midfield and one at the back and be better than Mulgrew, Evans, Reed or Smallwood, or better than Dack or Graham, because I like the team."

Uhh those are exactly the positions we expect you to sign people for, Tony. Except we mean wide midfielder and his comments imply centrally. Also we would be thinking two defenders not one.

The realistic amongst us don't expect us to sign all four in January, at a quality good enough to improve us, at the right prices. But I'm worried he doesn't seem to at least want to target getting say two of those positions sorted, even if it doesn't come off.

• Like 1