BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

• Backroom

I've just heard we are in for Josh Maja from Sunderland... no links as per with me so take it with a pinch of salt.

Not really seen him play apart from the snippets on the Sunderland documentary. I would assume this is the one Mowbray was on about yesterday when he said he'd be going back out on loan, 

I think we should be careful tbh, as much as i agree with the majority of comments regarding we need to improve on the squad we have, but i get a slight feeling were on the verge of sailing towards being unhappy at TM if we don't sign players that don't make us challenge for top 6. For me a club or manager should never really say give "me a certain amount of transfer windows and we will then start challenging for promotion", you cant guarantee anything in football. For me its keeping the club stable and to keep gradually improving the club and moving it forward. If it takes 5 years then so be it, as long as we are still moving forward. Lets be honest none of us work for the club, nobody really knows what the actual budget is, or wage limits are. TM doesn't have to come out and show our hand in for everyone to know and see (including us fans). This leagues proven time and time again budget isn't the be all and end all, you need a good group, and if that group clicks and works, then who knows what you can achieve in this league. I dont like Brereton, and Im not happy with the 7Million sum, but Im sure TM didnt get him in knowing he would of been this poor atm. Hes made a bad signing (atm), but hes also made a bloody good one in dack (which we will end up making a hell of a profit on). So lets stop moaning and get behind what we have, as like others have previous stated, this is miles better than what the last 7 years worth of rubbish we have had to endure. We are where we are, rome wasnt built in a day, and we are bloody long way off rome!

I would take all TMs comments with a pinch of salt right now. Who knows what he really has his eyes on this transfer window.

Its a funny old game.

Come on you Rovers!

• Like 4

Just now, Madon said:

I've just heard we are in for Josh Maja from Sunderland... no links as per with me so take it with a pinch of salt.

Not really seen him play apart from the snippets on the Sunderland documentary. I would assume this is the one Mowbray was on about yesterday when he said he'd be going back out on loan, 

IF true, it speaks absolute volumes about Brereton.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

7 minutes ago, Madon said:

Would be a good signing. I think the loan refers to Chapman though. I could see Maja starting for us . He would be good competition for Armstrong 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would be a good signing. I think the loan refers to Chapman though. I could see Maja starting for us . He would be good competition for Armstrong 

With all due respect we don't want players who  provide " competition " for existing players we want players who take the shirt and keep it. We've signed too many players who are just back up standard.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

With all due respect we don't want players who  provide " competition " for existing players we want players who take the shirt and keep it. We've signed too many players who are just back up standard.

I didn't say back up. No signing should just get a shirt. No matter who we sign they will need to win the right to wear the shirt. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

If we sign nobody this window does it count as one of Mowbray's two/three/four windows he needs to build or do we defer it until the summer and add another one on afterwards?

Every window is an opportunity to improve the team. 

Mowbray stated at the supporters consultation meeting that money would be available in January if we were 'challenging in and around the playoff places'. 

So perhaps the owners assess each window based on our current league position and judge the chances of the investment generating immediate benefits. Since we are unlikely to go up or down this season they may not be too interested at the moment.

This is not the way to steadily build for the future and - as previously stated - staying still will probably result in going backwards. 

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

Every window is an opportunity to improve the team. 

Mowbray stated at the supporters consultation meeting that money would be available in January if we were 'challenging in and around the playoff places'. 

So perhaps the owners assess each window based on our current league position and judge the chances of the investment generating immediate benefits. Since we are unlikely to go up or down this season they may not be too interested at the moment.

This is not the way to steadily build for the future and - as previously stated - staying still will probably result in going backwards. 

Spot on. If the budget hinges upon our league position going into January then we'll never get anywhere.

Waggott said in the Fans Forum that money was left over in the budget for signings should the right ones crop up.

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Spot on. If the budget hinges upon our league position going into January then we'll never get anywhere.

Waggott said in the Fans Forum that money was left over in the budget for signings should the right ones crop up.

6 points of the play-off just after the halfway stage with some tough games behind us.

If that doesn’t justify budget the we are only going to spend when we are faced with relegation. Which will attract the wrong kind of player and be too late anyway!

I don’t buy this assumption anyway. More likely is that the £7m he committed (publicly at least) is seen a failure and they are concerned about putting any more money into the budget in case they don’t get it back. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom said:

No no no I won’t allow it 

Dabo is a Rover, criminally not used 

Is that sarcasm or was he criminally under used. I don't remember him. His wiki says he played at fiorientina so he can't be that bad but not much else bar that season ?