BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

5 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Sam Hart signs a one year extension at Rovers 

Grand. Low cost, no risk. Starting on loan in League 1, which is more than Platt or Wharton managed.

Under the official confirmation on Twitter a number of fans posting "why though" gifs. Kind of loses its originality when you are the 5th person to do it. 

Then one poster says "we must have better coming through the under 23s" Like if you don't actually know who we have coming through, you look very silly making these comments I feel.  

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Grand. Low cost, no risk. Starting on loan in League 1, which is more than Platt or Wharton managed.

Under the official confirmation on Twitter a number of fans posting "why though" gifs. Kind of loses its originality when you are the 5th person to do it. 

Then one poster says "we must have better coming through the under 23s" Like if you don't actually know who we have coming through, you look very silly making these comments I feel.  

Williams and bell look like Carlos and Marcelo compared to this lad and the stick they get , this lad has no chance.

We do have better coming through the academy. Jack Doyle is a far better left back than Hart.

He's found his level, leave him there

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Williams and bell look like Carlos and Marcelo compared to this lad and the stick they get , this lad has no chance.

We do have better coming through the academy. Jack Doyle is a far better left back than Hart.

So why is Doyle currently on loan at a club who play 3 divisions below League 1, the level hart is playing at? 

• Like 2

Bizarre one that. He’ll never make it at our level, won’t attract much in the way of a fee as he’s a lower league standard player on a one year deal.

I had just assumed he’d be finishing the season at Southend and then ta ra.

Gladwin next then, I assume?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So why is Doyle currently on loan at a club who play 3 divisions below League 1, the level hart is playing at? 

I can't answer that. I can only go off what my eyes see and having seen both a handful of times Doyle is the far better player. 

Unless Hart has dramatically improved then I wouldn't be giving him a deal. Tbf to him it's been 12 months since I saw either play. Maybe he has improved. 

I don't get what fans have on this lad, is it because he was signed from Liverpool, as opposed to coming through the youth set up? He has played more and at a higher level than any of other under 23s who went on loan in the last 18 months. 

Strikes me as one of those, where the criticism gains momentum and the default opinion on him is that he is a bad player 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 5

Jack Doyle isn't on loan anywhere.  He returned with a bad injury some time ago.  Sadly injuries have blighted Jack's progress during the last eighteen months.  Certainly, Doyle looked a far better prospect when he was fully fit.  I suspect the jury is out on Hart - although I believe that he had impressed on his return from Rochdale - and this enables the club to see how he goes at Southend.

I don't get what fans have on this lad, is it because he was signed from Liverpool, as opposed to coming through the youth set up? He has played more and at a higher level than any of other under 23s who went on loan in the last 18 months. 

Travis was signed from Liverpool. Done him no harm

Edited by Oldgregg86

Strikes me as one of those, where the criticism gains momentum and the default opinion on him is that he is a bad player 

He isn’t the standard required for a club with aspirations of top 6 in the Championship.

Simple as that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Don't think anyone has anything against him, but the question has to be asked why?

Can't imagine he will ever make a championship full back for a team that wants to compete at the top end of the table from what I have seen.

• Like 1

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Jack Doyle isn't on loan anywhere.  He returned with a bad injury some time ago.  Sadly injuries have blighted Jack's progress during the last eighteen months.  Certainly, Doyle looked a far better prospect when he was fully fit.  I suspect the jury is out on Hart - although I believe that he had impressed on his return from Rochdale - and this enables the club to see how he goes at Southend.

He was on loan at Derry city in the league of Ireland last season and  played 7 games for Maidstone this season. Whether he is back or not, that is the level he was playing at. 

Hopefully he gets over the injuries 

12 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

My Rochdale pals liked him a lot. Mowbray said words to the effect that he'd " Come back from loan a different player ". I must admit I thought he was very average when I saw him play.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My Rochdale pals liked him a lot. Mowbray said words to the effect that he'd " Come back from loan a different player ". I must admit I thought he was very average when I saw him play.

As always I hope he proves me wrong and he's the next coming. Doing well at Rochdale isn't good enough for where we are trying to get to. Imagine bell at Rochdale. We need better than bell. At 22 he needed to be getting rave reviews to get a new contract

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Unless it's a purely business decision. Sign him up on a new contract for peanuts and flog him to a League 1 club in the summer...

That was my first thought too. One way of gettinga couple of hundred grand in the summer, maybe free with a sell on clause. Doesn't look like he'll ever cut the mustard for a championship club with aspirations, but the boy will be on buttons. Could be a way of turning a small profit. 

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched him a couple of times at Rochdale the last match was against Doncaster when i was sat with a Doncaster scout never stood out to me and i actualy think he was subbed as well ...

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mowbray had said that based on what he has seen in training not in an actual game.  And then he sends him out on loan again. I just don't see him improving the quality of the squad and it will cost perhaps £200k in wages.

52 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray had said that based on what he has seen in training not in an actual game.  And then he sends him out on loan again. I just don't see him improving the quality of the squad and it will cost perhaps £200k in wages.

He'd have to be on 4k a week to cost 200k in wages for his one year extension. It's obvious he isn't on anything like that.

I don't see the point of this one. In fact it makes me think TM has no intention of signing a better left back even in the summer.

• Like 1