BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Hart it seems they are just having another look at him after he's allegedly done ok at Rochdale although there was chatter he's another of the stable of one of the clubs favourite agents when he arrived and looked crap.... ( where's Jal ?)

Straight out on loan again with hopefully some decent contribution to his wages, no harm done I suppose. We'd be moaning if he slipped through the net then came good although I think it's more likely he might carve out a lower league career.

A strange decision to loan Hart out if we were intending to give him a new contract. Surely it would have been worth keeping him about and giving him a few games to see if he is up to this level with a view to next season and its not as though we are blessed with quality at left back. I suppose one benefit of a new deal is that if he does well enough at Southend we may look to sell him to a League 1 club in the summer for a small profit.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

He'd have to be on 4k a week to cost 200k in wages for his one year extension. It's obvious he isn't on anything like that.

I don't see the point of this one. In fact it makes me think TM has no intention of signing a better left back even in the summer.

I think he will be on around £4k a week. He was on a professional contract when he joined from Liverpool and as such will have been on decent money.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

You do not know how excited I got when I read that!!!!! 

Equally, when I saw your initial next to the bold topic title, I thought Chadster had returned!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Exactly the type of player we need. Fast, direct but with an end product. 

Shamre really, we had one in Josh King but Bowyer wasted him and every time I went to Ewood many fans hounded him. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think he will be on around £4k a week. He was on a professional contract when he joined from Liverpool and as such will have been on decent money.

How do you work that out.? Complete made up supposition.  

He will be lucky to be on 50k per year

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

And 18 months ago he went to Newcastle for 12 million pounds plus. 

Does anyone really think they’d take substantially less now?

Rafa is happy for him to go out on loan as long Newcastle sign a winger this week. 20,000 a week. We could probably pay a fair chunk of that. TM rates him, he is good friends with Arma and Bennett was somebody that helped him come through at Norwich and he has a lot of time for him. Stranger things have happened. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Rafa is happy for him to go out on loan as long Newcastle sign a winger this week. 20,000 a week. We could probably pay a fair chunk of that. TM rates him, he is good friends with Arma and Bennett was somebody that helped him come through at Norwich and he has a lot of time for him. Stranger things have happened. 

Ah on loan. I’d take that!

Poor Rafa never getting the funds eh? Signing players he doesn’t rate.

Sounds like Mourinho with the decimal point moved.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

How do you work that out.? Complete made up supposition.  

He will be lucky to be on 50k per year

That's why I said 'I think'. That is my opinion.

We have first year professionals on more than £50k pa.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

There's no way in hell he is on 4k a week here. If he was we definitely wouldn't be extending his contract.

It's not like he was a star at Liverpool. I can't imagine they pay all their kids 4k upwards, and even if they do that doesn't mean we matched it for a kid who was trying to make his name in league one. Didn't they release him? If not he was bought for a pittance. Far far from one of their best. Even our main guys earn around 20k tops now. We don't pay a lot, and certainly not for third choice left backs. I doubt Bell is on much more than 4k a week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neal said:

Shamre really, we had one in Josh King but Bowyer wasted him and every time I went to Ewood many fans hounded him. 

With Rovers, King had everything but end product. He probably didn't get the number of games his potential deserved down the middle, but he was really quite woeful for us at times. Bar a stand out season with Bournemouth, would you say he's anything special now? 

2 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

With Rovers, King had everything but end product. He probably didn't get the number of games his potential deserved down the middle, but he was really quite woeful for us at times. Bar a stand out season with Bournemouth, would you say he's anything special now? 

Yes..top quality and we just sat him on bench

2 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Yes I would. He was young and raw when he was with us but the potential was always there. His skills and overall game have now matured and he looks a top Premier League forward when he's at his best. I still can't get over he's doing it with Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic, who to me are a fourth division club. But that's another story....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Holds his own in the premier league week in week out. That's far more than fan favourite goal hanger Rhoades and the BTEC Andy Carroll have done.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

Rovers to sign Jacob Murphy on the last day of the transfer window

What a fantastic shout that is. He is exactly what we are missing. 

If you could pick one realistic move, that would be near the top!

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Let's get #MurphytoRovers trending. Get @Ebenno88 and @AdamArma9 involved. 

I can picture it now.

Tony Mowbray on new signing Jacob Murphy

"Well yes, we weren't going to sign anybody to be honest. But then, being as Twitter-savvy as I am, I saw a hashtag trending for this Jacob Murphy fella.

I thought do you know what, I haven't heard of him, but I'll look into that. I watched a few videos, and it turns out he played against us for Newcastle in the cup recently, twice. Hadn't really noticed. So I got on the blower to Benitez, and here he is."

Just now, bluebruce said:

I can picture it now.

Tony Mowbray on new signing Jacob Murphy

"Well yes, we weren't going to sign anybody to be honest. But then, being as Twitter-savvy as I am, I saw a hashtag trending for this Jacob Murphy fella.

I thought do you know what, I haven't heard of him, but I'll look into that. I watched a few videos, and it turns out he played against us for Newcastle in the cup recently, twice. Hadn't really noticed. So I got on the blower to Benitez, and here he is."

Well I am just getting a bit bored of waiting for a transfer, so thought let's try and get things moving ourselves. 

• Like 1