BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

If Reed was gettable but we couldn't stretch that far I dread to think of the new round of questions about why the Brereton signing.....

If they can pay ten million for him and he doesn't bust the wage structure they should get him signings like that are the ones that can get you up then the fee becomes immaterial !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If Reed was gettable but we couldn't stretch that far I dread to think of the new round of questions about why the Brereton signing.....

If they can pay ten million for him and he doesn't bust the wage structure they should get him signings like that are the ones that can get you up then the fee becomes immaterial !

But BB only cost a couple of million apparently with the rest being add-ons (perhaps we/him are purposely making sure we dont have to pay them), so surely we can stump up another similar deal for Reed?

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

But BB only cost a couple of million apparently with the rest being add-ons (perhaps we/him are purposely making sure we dont have to pay them), so surely we can stump up another similar deal for Reed?

The initial fee was £6 million, with additional add-ons later.

Brereton meanwhile cannot get off the bench ahead of Joe Nuttall.

Personally think we need to pull out the stops and sign Reed before someone else does this summer.
Harry Chapman isn't going to cost much in wages (injury history will push them to a reasonable level) and with his contract coming to an end this summer, I can only see his signing being a minimal fee in cost.

Think we would be wise to loan out Brereton for the rest of the season. If we can bring in Sam Gallagher, and tell him we would sign him in the summer if he impresses it would make all kinds of sense.

I am still of the belief we needed a wide player even with Conway. Bring in Chapman to complement Conway would give us injury covering options. Gallagher to replace Brereton. Reed is a no-brainer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

If that's the case he might as well pack in as he'll not be getting many mins ?

Reported by a few closer to the action as 7 mil guaranteed to Forest however it's spread out, that would've made a very nice contribution towards Reed or similar but yes you never know with this lot. 

10 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

The initial fee was £6 million, with additional add-ons later.

Brereton meanwhile cannot get off the bench ahead of Joe Nuttall.

Personally think we need to pull out the stops and sign Reed before someone else does this summer.
Harry Chapman isn't going to cost much in wages (injury history will push them to a reasonable level) and with his contract coming to an end this summer, I can only see his signing being a minimal fee in cost.

Think we would be wise to loan out Brereton for the rest of the season. If we can bring in Sam Gallagher, and tell him we would sign him in the summer if he impresses it would make all kinds of sense.

I am still of the belief we needed a wide player even with Conway. Bring in Chapman to complement Conway would give us injury covering options. Gallagher to replace Brereton. Reed is a no-brainer.

Yeah I know - just going off what others have said. BB will cost us 7 mil no matter what some want to make us think.

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sounds like he’ll be off on loan if he his brought in. Bit strange - would much prefer him as an option on the bench to say, Conway.

He must really see a big future for both Chapman and Brereton. And indeed he must have some real assurance that he is going to be at Rovers for a long time to come.

To bring in players and not play them because they are future prospects is not a luxury that most managers have.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Craigman said:

Gestede appears to be on for a reunion with Ben Marshall at Millwall in a loan deal.

where that from?

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Hoping. Not a chance we're getting him full time.

I think there is very decent chance we will sign Reed permanent in the summer, He is enjoying his football here 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sounds like he’ll be off on loan if he his brought in. Bit strange - would much prefer him as an option on the bench to say, Conway.

I wouldn't. He would benefit from playing games regular and not being a bit part player

56 minutes ago, neophox said:

Tony said Smallwood could play centre half as well so cant see any defender coming in. Want Bauer in summer. Think the loan is a striker.

I expect Bauer on a free in summer. sensible. 

30 minutes ago, Madon said:

Promotion party, who's in?

Blackburn-Rovers-v-Nottingham-Forest-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg

I'm been very surprise if we get him as he has been part of Southampton recent squad and supposedly they want to sell Auston before the deadline