BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

37 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don't think he's talking about you Chaddy!

He didn't made anything clear. maybe he should have named them

11 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

At the start of the season we couldn’t have realistically hoped to be much better than we are now, top 8, closing in on the top 6.

As Mowbray says, we don’t need a radical overhaul, but I think the owners could make a statement of intent by:

1) Finding the money to get Reed on a permanent.

2) Give Rodwell a long term contract. He could be a massive player for us for years to come. Still young for a centre back.

3) Sign Chapman and Gallagher.

good points made there. 

would love to see Reed sign for us permanently and Rodwell get 3 years contract

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

We were already promoted.

The club made a big deal of that Charlton game - even opening up the big screen and concourse. The Mowbray picked a team to surrender. There is no defence of what he did so please don’t try to dismiss it.

This was how everyone in our group felt on the day. We knew the main job was done by the time we travelled to London, but we still wanted the championship.

We were very disappointed with the team that was chosen for the day. Caddis OMG! Even injuries couldn't adequately explain that...

In that context, it matters not a jot that Wigan are lower in the table today either. 

Anyway, the Third Division title was the only thing Rovers ever won in my first 25 years as a fan...and I still remember it with warmth!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'd have Nuttall over Samuels long term.  He surely can't have a place in the squad when he returns?

Unpopular opinion alert: I've said it before but i still don't see very much in Nuttall, yes he has been in the right place at the right time on a few occasions but apart from that i don't see what he brings. He's proven himself at u23 level but don't feel like that talent translates in the first team. Both Samuel and Brereton like to get the ball and run with it, even if they are going nowhere with it they are showing a sign of intent. Nutt seems uninterested to run and win balls.

1 hour ago, sparky12 said:

Unpopular opinion alert: I've said it before but i still don't see very much in Nuttall, yes he has been in the right place at the right time on a few occasions but apart from that i don't see what he brings. He's proven himself at u23 level but don't feel like that talent translates in the first team. Both Samuel and Brereton like to get the ball and run with it, even if they are going nowhere with it they are showing a sign of intent. Nutt seems uninterested to run and win balls.

Seems to be putting himself about  a bit more these days.  Maybjystbve a flash I the pan though!

• Backroom
4 hours ago, sparky12 said:

The Nuttall of last season I'd have agreed with you..

The Nuttall of this season appears to be full of energy when he comes on (as he should be) He tracks back a lot more, he's bulked up and twice in 2 games now someone has bounced off him and ended up cuddling the advertising boards.  

I think the improvement is huge and long may it continue... i do think the second half of the season playing full games in League One would do him the world of good though.

• Like 3

Just now, Madon said:

The Nuttall of last season I'd have agreed with you..

The Nuttall of this season appears to be full of energy when he comes on (as he should be) He tracks back a lot more, he's bulked up and twice in 2 games now someone has bounced off him and ended up cuddling the advertising boards.  

I think the improvement is huge and long may it continue... i do think the second half of the season playing full games in League One would do him the world of good though

At this moment in time though I think he could still play a part in a play off push. Even if we get Gallagher, having as many hungry players chomping at the bit to get on can only help us. Any news on how long Samuel is going to be out for? Will he be fit for the trip to Wembley? 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Graham, Brereton, Gallagher, Nuttall, Armstrong & Butterworth are plenty of strikers and I'd say we could afford to let Nuttall leave for the last few months, espesciallly as we only play1 striker.  

Add Samuel into the mix, late March i thought i heard? Then that's plenty to go at. 

46 minutes ago, Madon said:

Graham, Brereton, Gallagher, Nuttall, Armstrong & Butterworth are plenty of strikers and I'd say we could afford to let Nuttall leave for the last few months, espesciallly as we only play1 striker.  

Add Samuel into the mix, late March i thought i heard? Then that's plenty to go at. 

Tough one to call really. Arma is a wideman for TM, Brereton (AWOL) to a certain extent, Butterworth is a great prospect but probably a season out on loan away from our first team. 

Times like these are when we could have done with Downing to be an emergency 4th choice striker. 

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Once promotion was confirmed at Doncaster, it had to be the only priority. At that point, promotion was already secured. It is not dismissing the achievement of promotion to be aggravated to disregard the importance of a league title.

I dont believe you can recall loans out of the parameters of the transfer window but may be wrong.

Do you agree or disagree with loaning out Chapman?

It is dismissive of the achievement. To suggest the “gaze” on Tony should return minutes after that result, it’s like pulling a worldie and moaning that she’s not rich. We get it, certain people prejudged Mowbray and simply cannot accept that they are wrong. It happens a lot, look at Rev’s comments yesterday. As Khod aptly put, it Graham (or Bennett) saves him from drowning, he’d moan about him getting wet.

I also didn’t bring it up either, learn to read, it was justification of complaint from someone else. The same person who ironically talks about others being antagonists when he simply trots out new ridiculous complaints on a 24 hour rolling system.

As for “would I loan him out?” Well to be honest I wouldn’t but I don’t know the lads fitness or mindset. Does it make sense to take Harry long term? Definitely for me, and if the idea is to get him a STARTING berth, with the fitness and experience that comes with - maybe it’s a sensible idea for his and our future?

Edited by Biz

Whose most on form at moment? Nuttall or Brereton? O.K he's cost us a few pence but why not send Brereton out and keep Nuttall in the running?

No brainer the lad needs game time and hopefully the confidence that will come with that for next season.

Edited by markhayhurst
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Madon said:

I think Armstrong is better currently from wide role making those runs like he did at the minute. 

So if Gallagher is coming in which I hope is loan to buy otherwise I would not pursue. I hope Nuttall does go out on loan if he coming him. would benefit from playing 

37 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Whose most on form at moment? Nuttall or Brereton? O.K he's cost us a few pence but why not send Brereton out and keep Nuttall in the running?

No brainer the lad needs game time and hopefully the confidence that will come with that for next season.

How can you even be on form if you don't play though? I would send Brereton out on loan though tbf he needs to be playing week in week out. 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So if Gallagher is coming in which I hope is loan to buy otherwise I would not pursue. I hope Nuttall does go out on loan if he coming him. would benefit from playing 

How ridiculous.  Nuttall is twice the player Gallagher is and ever will be. Are we just trying to suck up to Southampton or something. 

Feed the Nut!

Gally the Relegation Bottler and then fecks off to another shit championship team. What's the point?

I don't think TM is that struck on Nuttall for some reason and his signings are Brereton and Samuel so he'll want them above in his pecking order so I think they'll be loaning him with a view to him doing ok and someone buying him in summer.

Not the way I would go at all but I think that'll be the path.

3 hours ago, Madon said:

Of those I'd say Brereton and Butterworth could do with a loan spell the most. Butterworth isn't going to play unless we have an injury crisis and as for Brereton he isn't contributing to the first team whereas Nuttall is.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't think TM is that struck on Nuttall for some reason and his signings are Brereton and Samuel so he'll want them above in his pecking order so I think they'll be loaning him with a view to him doing ok and someone buying him in summer.

Not the way I would go at all but I think that'll be the path.

I think Nuttall is a goal scorer and not a lot else. You could tell the difference yesterday as soon as he replaced Graham that the ball stopped sticking up front. Whereas Graham will bring it down and lay it off to a team mate, Nuttall will flick it on to nobody in particular.

The other side to that coin is that Graham, because of the role he plays, rarely gets in the box to tap in crosses from 6 yards out like Nuttall did against Ipswich. 

I think Nuttall will eventually score a lot of goals for the right team. He's more of a Rhodes than a Graham.

• Like 1

Just now, renrag said:

I think that’s unfair, he made a huge error of judgement against Preston but, that was largely due to inexperience and hopefully is something he has learned from. We don’t know why he went to Brum, maybe Southampton didn’t want him playing League 1 football?

You weren't at the notlob game then.? Mate, he's no good. Why dont we cast the net wider? Bang average and we are sniffing the play offs....should be aiming higher than Gallagher. 

• Like 1