BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

No smoke without fire, and Madon is certainly one of the most reliable and genuine posters on here. If we can get a strong, ball holding, goal getting centre forward, and it doesn't mean a complete re-write of what TM has engineered so far, then definitely go for it. Liking the cut of this Rovers' gib, to be honest. Evolution, not revolution. Tasty.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

Good god, I thought he was closer to 30! Evening else stands, but no, he isn't aging. He's just been playing for what seems like forever.

Crikey, I didn’t think anyone would be disappointed with this (fanciful) rumour.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Don’t think there’s a chance on this earth of that. Surely a wind up knowing everyone would believe you madon.

I promise its not, unless the source is on a wind up knowing I'd put it on here!

6 minutes ago, Madon said:

I promise its not, unless the source is on a wind up knowing I'd put it on here!

Good little social experiment. People already asking Nixon on Twitter!

Start a Derek Williams to Man City £50m rumour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madon said:

Well that'd be a turn up! Balaji getting twitchy, can smell the play offs. Would certainly put us in a strong position to give it a good go. Gonna put my negative hat on and say it won't happen though, you've certainly brought this thread to life though buddy. 

• Moderation Lead

As much as I’d be into us signing Assombalonga, it seems unrealistic financially, but I hope it isn’t! 

As an aside though, Pulis is playing Jordan Hugill instead of him. He must have lost his mind!

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The loss we took on him, you'd think so.

Yeah but look at who was doing the ins and outs at the time.

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

As much as I’d be into us signing Assombalonga, it seems unrealistic financially, but I hope it isn’t! 

As an aside though, Pulis is playing Jordan Hugill instead of him. He must have lost his mind!

Pulis gonna Pulis.

I don’t see why these kind of deals would be out of the question, loans with a view to buy if we went up.

Nice to daydream anyway!

I wonder if we are simply starting to play by the same rules as Derby, Boro, Forest etc.  Over the 3 year ffp cycle, spend £30-£40 million.  Making sure that you sell an asset every couple of years to balance the books.  It's a great ploy if you have that asset sat on your books - which we do in Dack. We basically get to buy players for 4 windows, then sell Dack.  If enough of the incomings are a success, you repeat the process - strengthening your chance of promotion. 

Asambalonga could be the example that TM talked about when discussing buying from rivals and having to pay over the odds and not seeing that back financially. 

I still think, Chapman aside, that we won't buy anyone straight this window.  Any 'big' incomings will be a loan with a view. 

56 minutes ago, Madon said:

70% completed. 

I can't believe it myself though.  I'd be astounded if it happened

I'm 98% BA won't be joining Rovers. Would be fantastic but very very doubtful, the lad is earning £40,000+ at Boro