BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 hour ago, Madon said:

70% completed. 

I can't believe it myself though.  I'd be astounded if it happened

70%? What does that mean in real terms? Sounds kinda like fee more or less agreed but personal terms not discussed yet?

Any idea whether this is permanent or loan to a view (presumably with a big loan fee)?

22 minutes ago, alderson777 said:

I'm 98% BA won't be joining Rovers. Would be fantastic but very very doubtful, the lad is earning £40,000+ at Boro

Conspiracy theory here, but I could see someone higher up thinking it's a good idea to have a bid accepted knowing we won't be able to agree personal terms. Then you turn around and say we tried but the player wanted too much for our wage structure. But at least we look ambitious to the fans...

• Backroom

Sorry, i have no idea just got told that it's 70% done and Waggott is going over to Newcastle tomorrow for a meeting about it. 

Therefore, if anyone sees Waggott at Ewood tomorrow then I may be wrong!

Fee agreed? Not a clue. Loan? Not a clue. 

4 minutes ago, Madon said:

Sorry, i have no idea just got told that it's 70% done and Waggott is going over to Newcastle tomorrow for a meeting about it. 

I hope he booked his train ticket in advance as prices go up on the day... he wouldn’t like that.

BRING IT HOME STEVO

4 minutes ago, Madon said:

That implies meeting an agent to me or somebody from Middlesbrough.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

I hope he booked his train ticket in advance as prices go up on the day... he wouldn’t like that.

BRING IT HOME STEVO

I genuinely bumped into him once on a return from Euston, standard class on the first off peak one, watch the pennies and all that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madon said:

70% completed. 

I can't believe it myself though.  I'd be astounded if it happened

Tony is going to go mental at all these potential leaks. 70% complete and in the public domain before across the line....etc.  He wasn’t too impressed last time he thought someone was leaking information.

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mogga was on the radio talking about AA yesterday. Said eventually that he will start up front (which is where AA wants to play) but that for now he'll continue to play out wide. What's been good recently is that we are actually putting the ball in between the full back and CH for him to run on to and not just giving him the ball out wide. It's frustrating to watch him making those runs and him never getting the ball. It must be immensely annoying for him. Again though it comes down to Travis' emergence. We seem to be a bit higher up the pitch and able to play through the 'thirds' at the moment. It's easier to play someone in on the deck from 20 yards than it is from 50. It's amazing the difference Travis has made really. I was all for the Smallwood and Evans combo continuing too?

Hard to pick out the run when our previous midfield only passed sideways or backwards.

37 minutes ago, Madon said:

Cheers. Have you heard that it would be both him and Gally, or are you speculating on that part?

41 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Do you have thoughts on this as a transfer if it does happen?

I would be very surprise if we signed him. Not sure this fit the signings we have been making over the last 18 months. 

Where has Gallagher does..

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

He has played wide under Pulis due to he wont play 2 up front. 

Don't want either him or Gallagher to be used wide. Would prefer an actual wide man wide. 

Neither of the 2 would dislodge Dack and Graham, nor would they be effective wide. Assombolonga a far better player though.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Conspiracy theory here, but I could see someone higher up thinking it's a good idea to have a bid accepted knowing we won't be able to agree personal terms. Then you turn around and say we tried but the player wanted too much for our wage structure. But at least we look ambitious to the fans...

I'm sure that's  happened in the past after all an enquiry is just an enquiry until real numbers are placed on the table.

P.S Don't worry about the 'opposites' .. ??

Edited by tomphil