BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

9 hours ago, RV Blue said:

If the Balonga thing is true (it’s not) would anyone else be a little uneasy with it? Think I’d rather build a team slowly than chuck so much money at one player. If it happened he’d probably be getting paid twice what our current highest paid player is being paid.

I and others posted last summer Rovers had a four window transfer strategy but if we were in with a shout of promotion in January, additional money would be considered.

Mowbray has delivered the goods with four wins, three clean sheets and after not deserving to lose any of the three other top four games, set things right against West Brom and off we went. Plus two games against Newcastle where we gave as good as we got and would have progressed had VAR lottery been reversed.  

Edited by philipl

4 minutes ago, DraytonRover said:

1.76m is actually 5 foot 9 -  still not that big though!

5 foot 9 wide i hope you mean, the guys an animal. As close to buying goals as we'd get in this division.

14 minutes ago, Doug said:

I don't want to get too excited yet....... what a positive move this would be........it can't be true.....can it?

MADON HAS SPOKEN DOUG.

13 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

MADON has now had to go quiet though!!! It's all guess work until the window shuts. 

Assombalonga would be an unreal signing. Absolute statement of intent to the rest of the league. 

Come on TM bring the good times back. 

It's 9am Chris. For the record though, I've run it by a few 'sources' (people who have sources) i've met at and around Rovers over the years and there seems to be something in it.

Whether it happens or not is a different matter, doesn't seem a Mowbray player. But there's whispers all over social media, not just from Madon but on the Boro side too.

Let's wait and see..

EDIT: This is not me pretending to be in the know, just saying that there's lots of people I've met similar to Madon that seem to think there's something in it.

Edited by Mellor Rover

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

It's 9am Chris. For the record though, I've run it by a few 'sources' (people who have sources) i've met at and around Rovers over the years and there seems to be something in it.

Whether it happens or not is a different matter, doesn't seem a Mowbray player. But there's whispers all over social media, not just from Madon but on the Boro side too.

Let's wait and see..

EDIT: This is not me pretending to be in the know, just saying that there's lots of people I've met similar to Madon that seem to think there's something in it.

God I hope there's life in this story. 

Play offs we're coming for you.. 

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

God I hope there's life in this story. 

Play offs we're coming for you.. 

Done a bit more digging on twitter.

Nixon is very quick to put us down whenever he can and he's been absolutely inundated with questions about it from both Boro and Rovers fans and is yet to even acknowledge them.  

Also lots of Boro fans picking up on the story with a couple claiming the 'Madon' of their forums has also stated something is in the works, the same guy who broke the Mikel transfer deal a week or so ago. Could all be a ploy to force Pulis/Gibsons hand in playing better footy/a new deal but its publicly known Pulis isn't a fan of Britt's.

This week should be fun...

• Backroom
Just now, 4000Holes said:

Didn’t Madonna say Waggot was on his way to the North East this morning to tie things up?

Has any one seen him round Ewood or Brockhall this morning?

He was there yesterday, today and tomorrow I have since found out (Supposedly)

Didn’t Madonna say Waggot was on his way to the North East this morning to tie things up?

Sorry that should read Madon, stupid ipad 

We’ve learnt he watches the pennies so he’s currently travelling up on horse and cart as we speak. May arrive by Friday lunchtime.....

Edited by JeffRover

3 minutes ago, Madon said:

He was there yesterday, today and tomorrow I have since found out (Supposedly)

Waggott was in the North East does that mean Madon? Interesting if so.