BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not a chance he’d be coming to play as a super sub. 

Regarding my question of suitability to our style of play, I came across this on a Boro forum. He ain’t no Graham replacement by the sounds of things:

‘I think the critics look at other parts of his game and notice certain limitations. His hold up play and touch is very poor, because of this he can't really bring other players into the game with his back to goal. His work rate isn't very good and he's not someone who can run into channels and stretch teams. In my opinion these limitations in his game mean you can't really play him up front on his own. 

I think you'd get the best out of him playing a very attacking line-up with another striker just in behind him and wingers who can put crosses into the box. The question with Britt is he good enough to lead the line for a team who will challenge for promotion, I'm not sure he is.’

Sounds like Rhodes. Is he going to fit in with our style of play or will we move to two up front ?

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

If we fail to win promotion Dack will be long gone in the summer I think. He will want to test his luck in the Premier League, and BA would boost our chances next season if we stay in this league. Maybe they're funding the deal on the Dack money we'll receive in May - August, or it will balance itself out with the bonus we'll get from winning promotion...

I really hope Madon is right on this one, we could really do with another striker other than Graham who can lead the line for 90 minutes. 

I agree about that but is this lad that sort of player ?

We should always be careful when judging players based on the feedback of supporters of their current club. 

Think of what the reviews would have been for Graham, Mulgrew, Rodwell, Bellamy, Santa Cruz...

Equally, many fans would not believe the rave reviews we gave players before they went on to fail elsewhere. 

• Like 3

Chapman and Gallagher would be great signings. Not too much cost, young and loads of upside.

Assombalonga is by the far the best player we have been linked to and would change our season's aim to a playoff push this year. Still a bit dubious about the move due to the large cost  and wages involved. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I see Oviedo is attracting attention from championship clubs. Possibly us?? 

He’s no world beater but would he be an improvement on Bell/Williams? Absolutely. Think he’s on pretty big wages though.

Assombalonga went to Middlesbrough for £15m less than two years ago.

Would we spend that kind of money?

Yet to be sold on the rumours.

Chapman as a project and the Gilbraltar chap seem more likely.

Any money we have in the budget should surely be heading to Southampton for Harrison Reed on a permanent basis.

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Any money we have in the budget should surely be heading to Southampton for Harrison Reed on a permanent basis.

I’m confident the V’s would fund the move, but there’s the little issue of Reed himself here. He seems determined to force his way in at the Saints from what I’ve heard, so I think we’ll need to wait for the summer on that one.

23 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Theres no reason to sign Assombolonga and Gallagher and I don't suspect any chance either.

Oh do give over. BA is many times the player Graham is. I think if we were rumoured to be after Messi people would be saying "he'll have to bide his time on the bench until Graham retires!"

It's 27th of January and we haven't signed anyone yet so I won't believe anything until it happens but if BA does come it would tend to corroborate what I was told about a sizeable war chest always having been available this window.

Would inagine BA is first choice and Gallagher sloppy seconds if we fail to get him. Really hope we don't end up committing a sizeable amount to landing Gallagher.

Just now, Neal said:

I don't know about that. If he's not good enough for Stoke then...

Don't think it's a case of ability, more wrong club wrong time.

Some seriously talented lads been at Stoke recently and not performing for one reason or another.

Afobe, Berahino, Clucas, Woods, Bojan, Jese Rodriguez...

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Oh do give over. BA is many times the player Graham is. I think if we were rumoured to be after Messi people would be saying "he'll have to bide his time on the bench until Graham retires!"

It's 27th of January and we haven't signed anyone yet so I won't believe anything until it happens but if BA does come it would tend to corroborate what I was told about a sizeable war chest always having been available this window.

Would inagine BA is first choice and Gallagher sloppy seconds if we fail to get him. Really hope we don't end up committing a sizeable amount to landing Gallagher.

Dunno about that, but I think he'd thrive in our team.

It's not just all about long balls and holding it up, we need a different option and I think we're decent when it's on the deck too.

We've created a lot of chances that BA would have for breakfast.

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Don't think it's a case of ability, more wrong club wrong time.

Some seriously talented lads been at Stoke recently and not performing for one reason or another.

Afobe, Berahino, Clucas, Woods, Bojan, Jese Rodriguez...

Sure I’ve seen many people, including managers, criticising his attitude before, so imagine it would be one that TM would swerve as he’s all about bringing in ‘the right characters’.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sure I’ve seen many people, including managers, criticising his attitude before, so imagine it would be one that TM would swerve as he’s all about bringing in ‘the right characters’.

Seems the type who will get picked up by a Saudi or Chinese club and get paid a lot more than he’s worth. Talented player but doesn’t have the attitude or work rate to go with it.