BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

16 minutes ago, Neal said:

Having ability alone doesn't make you a good player these days. 

Never has, certainly helps though. Didn't actually realise he was 32 however haha.

1 hour ago, Madon said:

Just to confirm, Assombalonga won't be signing today. 

It'll be Chapman and Louie Annesley.

Are we even interest in Assombalonga? Surely his wages demands would be no from us. We dont pay those sort of wages

Surely Gallagher is most likely due to we know the player, wages and fee. 

I dont see us paying 15 mil for a player..

I would prefer we bought Reed permanent. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, Glosrover said:

he needs to lose a pound or two and ditch the glasses if he's going to get in the starting 11

Sure for men wouldn't go amiss either.

I'm really not sure about Assombalonga if i'm being honest. It's great that we've got the money to spend and all that but I just don't see how it fits with what we are trying to do.

I don't think he's going to be first choice, Graham is very important to the way we play and he's not the same type of striker, he's poor at bringing others into the game according to Boro fans. The Money to get him would be close to £10m which is a lot for us to spend on someone who isn't going to start every game when available. Also his wages are probably double what the rest of the squad is, considering the problem with the Gallagher move is his wages of 25k a week then Assombalonga on 35k-40k a week is even more of a stretch. 

Also theres very little resale value with Assombalonga, from what i've been told his knee injury in 15/16 season was pretty bad, to the extent where he's done well to get back from it all, and that theres a good chance it could go again and he'd be worthless to us. Would be interesting to see if he passes a medical.

Feels like its someone we've been offered rather than someone we've actively sought out to.

If like Madon posted we are in for both him and Gallagher then thats makes next to no sense unless either we plan on playing two up top, we are selling Dack (which it doesn't appear that we are), or we are planning to play them out wide (please god no).

Id rather go for Gallagher loan to buy if thats workable. Also would be a bit weird if Boro get Gallagher then we get Assombalonga.

Am I being too negative? I feel bad for not getting as giddy as everyone else

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'm really not sure about Assombalonga if i'm being honest. It's great that we've got the money to spend and all that but I just don't see how it fits with what we are trying to do.

I don't think he's going to be first choice, Graham is very important to the way we play and he's not the same type of striker, he's poor at bringing others into the game according to Boro fans. The Money to get him would be close to £10m which is a lot for us to spend on someone who isn't going to start every game when available. Also his wages are probably double what the rest of the squad is, considering the problem with the Gallagher move is his wages of 25k a week then Assombalonga on 35k-40k a week is even more of a stretch. 

Also theres very little resale value with Assombalonga, from what i've been told his knee injury in 15/16 season was pretty bad, to the extent where he's done well to get back from it all, and that theres a good chance it could go again and he'd be worthless to us. Would be interesting to see if he passes a medical.

Feels like its someone we've been offered rather than someone we've actively sought out to.

If like Madon posted we are in for both him and Gallagher then thats makes next to no sense unless either we plan on playing two up top, we are selling Dack (which it doesn't appear that we are), or we are planning to play them out wide (please god no).

Id rather go for Gallagher loan to buy if thats workable. Also would be a bit weird if Boro get Gallagher then we get Assombalonga.

He has 100 goals from 200 odd appearances, you'll struggle to find another or at the least many with numbers like that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

We'd literally be buying goals at this level. No brainer, if he's available and it fits our budget then get it spent before it evaporates. 

Britt is most likely a smokescreen for Gallagher to show Southampton that we won't pay over the odds. Almost saying take our deal or we walk away kind of scenario.

No chance he's coming here on less than his 50k per week wage which means everyone else would have a pay gap of at least 25k which would upset a few. They aren't going to give everyone else more money either.

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Britt is most likely a smokescreen for Gallagher to show Southampton that we won't pay over the odds. Almost saying take our deal or we walk away kind of scenario.

No chance he's coming here on less than his 50k per week wage which means everyone else would have a pay gap of at least 25k which would upset a few. They aren't going to give everyone else more money either.

50k behave yourself. Every comment since the story broke has inflated his wages slowly but surely. We'll be at 100k before we know it.

Can’t belive people are doubting BA. He’s up there with the best in division in terms of goals aswell as offering pace and power. If you read the boros fans forum the majority think they’d be stupid in letting him go. In the right team which play to his strengths (which Pulis doesn’t) he could be unplayable.

Would be stupid to get both him and Gallagher though, that isn’t needed. BA is the better player and offers something we don’t currently have. Could be the signing that puts us in the playoff race.

• Like 1

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

50k behave yourself. Every comment since the story broke has inflated his wages slowly but surely. We'll be at 100k before we know it.

Some folk still fail to understand that in football, transfer fees are never paid as one large chunk.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He has 100 goals from 200 odd appearances, you'll struggle to find another or at the least many with numbers like that.

He's got 37 in 104 league games since his injury. If we did get him i'm sure he'd be at least a good option for us. I think for £10million and 40k a week i'm not sure I would go for him.