BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

I can't quite put my finger on why I'd feel a little uneasy about the signing either, but perhaps because what we're building at the moment seems very organic. This feels like a bolt from the blue (not saying thats a bad thing) and our recent track record (Brereton) still leave a bit to be desired.

Plus if we're honest, we've been the ones selling over-hyped, over-paid Championship strikers for big money, and done the right thing each time. See Gestede and Rhodes.

You can't question what either Rhodes or Gestede did for the Club while they were here imo. What they have done since leaving isn't our problem. If you could GUARANTEE anyone coming in could perform like they did for us you'd snap the selling Club's hands off be it BA or anyone else.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I imagine following his big money move to boro his next progression is premiership, is he really going to come to us for his best footballing years knowing we are at least 2-3 seasons from being premiership ready. With all due respect to us, he has a much bigger chance of getting to the prem with boro. 

Dont get me wrong, I have looked on envious of both boro and forest having him, I think he is a fantastic player I just don’t see his motivation for coming to us other than perhaps an end of the season loan if boro aren’t going to play him to put himself in the shop window for a prem move in the summer. 

Maybe he just wants to play for a club that has actually won the Premier League? 
I mean - come on man, I am not British, but isn't Blackburn really a more attractive club than Middlesbrough?? 

I get what you mean thou - At this very moment they MIGHT have a better squad, but I'd still go with Rovers any day of the week.

• Like 1

Better area too. I know those who live here don't rate it but the Boro really isn't attractive and nor are places like South Bank, North Ormesby or other places close by. 

Just now, skous18 said:

Maybe he just wants to play for a club that has actually won the Premier League? 
I mean - come on man, I am not British, but isn't Blackburn really a more attractive club than Middlesbrough?? 

I get what you mean thou - At this very moment they MIGHT have a better squad, but I'd still go with Rovers any day of the week.

Just thinking about it, wouldn’t it be easier to structure the payment with Brereton as a swap deal initially, then in the summer we can chuck a couple of Balaji’s golden chains in on top to secure a permanent?

3 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Better area too. I know those who live here don't rate it but the Boro really isn't attractive and nor are places like South Bank, North Ormesby or other places close by. 

Come on lads,  I have never once heard a player say I wanted to move to Blackburn for the buzzing cosmopolitan area, haha. Boro have been above us on the footballing ladder for years now 

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Come on lads,  I have never once heard a player say I wanted to move to Blackburn for the buzzing cosmopolitan area, haha. Boro have been above us on the footballing ladder for years now 

Are you suggesting Middlesborough is more of a cosmopolitan area than Blackburn? I mean, Blackburn isn't great. But Middlesborough really is the pits.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Stop it. They’ve been in higher divisions from time to time but they’re hardly a more attractive proposition overall. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Just thinking about it, wouldn’t it be easier to structure the payment with Brereton as a swap deal initially, then in the summer we can chuck a couple of Balaji’s golden chains in on top to secure a permanent?

Last bloke to try and bring those over her got busted, no prizes for guessing who...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The BA transfer? 

No local journlist or Nixon replying to fans messages about it. 

If they knew it wasn't happening they'd say. The silence means they're looking into it, or aren't allowed to say.

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I come from Normanby, on Teesside. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. My dad was born in South Bank, which, whilst it has improved in that they've knocked down the slums, is still the pits

Not suggesting boro is a nice area no, your completely missing the point. I don’t think players would be excited about living in either area, if your suggesting boro isn’t of a higher standing than us just now then I really must ask you take off the blue tinted glasses. Have been in the prem last few seasons and are always in the promotion shake up. I remind you we were lg 1 last season after years of mismanagement. Green shoots don’t make a rose garden just yet 

38 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Assombalonga is quality. No question about it. Might well be the missing piece of the jigsaw. 

giphy_(1).gif

Might have got our wires crossed there. I was talking about Graham v Gallagher not Gallagher v BA.

I don't really want us to bring Gallagher in permanently. If we're spending a lot on a striker I'd hope we'd bring someone a lot better in. Might be ok on loan until the end of the season for the sake of bringing an extra body in but with no real expectation of challenging for the play offs.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not suggesting boro is a nice area no, your completely missing the point. I don’t think players would be excited about living in either area, if your suggesting boro isn’t of a higher standing than us just now then I really must ask you take off the blue tinted glasses. Have been in the prem last few seasons and are always in the promotion shake up. I remind you we were lg 1 last season after years of mismanagement. Green shoots don’t make a rose garden just yet 

You do know the majority of our players don’t live on Shadsworth?

Try the Ribble Valley, Manchester, or Chesire.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Might have got our wires crossed there. I was talking about Graham v Gallagher not Graham v BA.

I don't really want us to bring Gallagher in permanently. If we're spending a lot on a striker I'd hope we'd bring someone a lot better in. Might be ok on loan until the end of the season for the sake of bringing an extra body in but with no real expectation of challenging for the play offs.

I see well that makes more sense. Been a long day.. 

qr3ALq7.jpg

Edited by ChrisPriceBaldSpot