BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

MADON who's coming in tomorrow? Murphy? Gallagher? Assombalonga? Bauer? 

Give us something to get excited about.. 

Not a bloody clue! Patience is a virtue, BA is still on though as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

From what I've seen the Boro fans are a mix of gutted and apoplectic at him leaving although a lot of it could just be being used as a stick to beat Pulis rather than genuine Chapman leaving angst.

Nowhere near the levels of hysteria on here as when super Downing left though....... ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, OJRovers said:

I think Boro need to get the £300k a week off their books otherwise they will fail FFP potentially.

Exactly. They're paying him more by the hour, it will be completely untenable for them soon.

Just now, OJRovers said:

I think Boro need to get the £300k a week off their books otherwise they will fail FFP potentially.

300k off the books??

So we’re only paying half his wages?? 

Loan deal it is.

6 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Wouldn’t mind that Blackburn born winger who scored a screamer against Bayern at the weekend signing for us, think he is on loan from Juventus so bit out of our league

It's Giorgos donis' son played for us 96/97 season on very good wages, came as a fairly big signing on a bosman, but was shite, may have been out first bosman signing actually, most money spent on a greek player at the time and signed from a championship league semi final team.

Edited by AAK

3 minutes ago, AAK said:

It's Giorgos donis' (played for us 96/97 season on very good wages, came as a fairly big signing on a bosman, but was shite) son.

That's exactly what I was about to suggest after doing a bit of research and finding out the name of who he was on about...a lad called Donis born in Blackburn in 1996, had to be.

Personally I'd say the lad owes us one! ?

• Backroom

Donis was even faster than that Bulgarian lad that we nearly signed that did 100m in about 4 seconds.

Didnt he score a worldie for us? Want to say it was against Everton 

• Like 1

Just can't buy into this Assambalonga link.  He can't play the lone role according to Boro fans.  Plays better with a partner.   Doesn't fit with our recruitment model to date, would definitely break our wage structure and surely hold up the progress of Armstrong who is starting to find his feet at this level. Unless he plays out wide, which may not suit him, I just can't see it.   

I'm all for signing players better than we've got and smashing our transfer record for someone to push us to the next level but our current set up is so reliant on Graham, that this seems like a stab in the dark (Like Brereton) rather than a perfect fit signing.

Gallagher, ticks the boxes and seems the logical choice following our recruitment policy so far.  

Only striker I've seen that can play that physical front role, is young and scores a hatfull is Tammy Abraham.  

Now that would be a statement ?.  Have a word Madon

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Just can't buy into this Assambalonga link.  He can't play the lone role according to Boro fans.  Plays better with a partner.   Doesn't fit with our recruitment model to date, would definitely break our wage structure and surely hold up the progress of Armstrong who is starting to find his feet at this level. Unless he plays out wide, which may not suit him, I just can't see it.   

I'm all for signing players better than we've got and smashing our transfer record for someone to push us to the next level but our current set up is so reliant on Graham, that this seems like a stab in the dark (Like Brereton) rather than a perfect fit signing.

Gallagher, ticks the boxes and seems the logical choice following our recruitment policy so far.  

Only striker I've seen that can play that physical front role, is young and scores a hatfull is Tammy Abraham.  

Now that would be a statement ?.  Have a word Madon

Had a lot of the same thoughts about it not seeming to fit...but the simple answer is, maybe TM is about to change our style. I feel like our passing moves have improved a lot over the last couple of games. Maybe he thinks it's time, and that BA will make it all come together.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Donis was even faster than that Bulgarian lad that we nearly signed that did 100m in about 4 seconds.

Didnt he score a worldie for us? Want to say it was against Everton 

You mean Valeri Domovchiyski, I dont know where that thing with him being fast came from tbf. He had some skills but a quick player he was not.

I remember some years later, Rovers nearly signed another Bulgarian- Ivelin Popov, all the media in Bulgaria actually claimed that it was a done deal, I think they even announced it on the news, but i dont really know what happened after that. He went to become a good player thou, played for a couple of Russian grands - Spartak Moscow, Zenit etc. and is a current captain of the National team of Bulgaria so just about Rovers’ level

15 minutes ago, skous18 said:

You mean Valeri Domovchiyski, I dont know where that thing with him being fast came from tbf. He had some skills but a quick player he was not.

I remember some years later, Rovers nearly signed another Bulgarian- Ivelin Popov, all the media in Bulgaria actually claimed that it was a done deal, I think they even announced it on the news, but i dont really know what happened after that. He went to become a good player thou, played for a couple of Russian grands - Spartak Moscow, Zenit etc. and is a current captain of the National team of Bulgaria so just about Rovers’ level

I know where it came from - I forgot who, but someone on here admitted they changed his Wikipedia page to say he had done the 100 metres in under 10 seconds or something. It then appeared in the press in several reports, because so many journalists are such lazy bastards!

Popov, I really wanted us to sign him too. Thought he looked very exciting and just what we needed at the time.

Edit - just took a look at Wiki (I know, after what I just said!) for Popov to see if it mentions what happened. According to that flawless, un-editable source, the move broke down after everything was agreed because he didn't get a work permit! Went on to land 80 caps and be the Bulgarian captain...good work, government peeps. I remember it used to feel like only clubs of our stature or lower got work permits rejected - the big clubs got to sign whoever they wanted for their U-18s, who would never feature, because if they were interested then they must be special players.

Edited by bluebruce

8 minutes ago, skous18 said:

Don't know if he still posts here, but I seem to remember someone admitted he'd done a bit of wiki editing.  A few newspapers and websites had picked up the info from wiki so it soon became fact!  Fake news before it became fashionable.

36 minutes ago, Neil Weaver said:

Don't know if he still posts here, but I seem to remember someone admitted he'd done a bit of wiki editing.  A few newspapers and websites had picked up the info from wiki so it soon became fact!  Fake news before it became fashionable.

It was me that edited his Wikipedia page ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

So what's the evidence of Mr. T's (Britt A) having Rooney level wages. If he has then I'd look elsewhere.

The evidence is in how every post about his wages quotes a higher figure ?