BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It depends how this season goes. Obviously if we somehow manage to achieve the dream and go up, he won't leave and I think even if we go close, that will be enough to encourage him to stay here and have a right good go at promotion next season. Fulham held onto Cairney when everything pointed to him leaving, same with Grealish and Villa. 

Obviously we can't hold onto him indefinitely if we don't go up, but I think we could get one more season. 

Who knows?

The point is we have to give it a right good go (apologies GB) this season because no-one can say how many of this team will be here next season, if we delay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Rich Sharpe‏ @richsharpe89
#Rovers remain interested in Sam Gallagher (nothing new there, though). Not been a breakthrough as yet, and the possible dealings, both in and out, at Southampton will dictate what happens with him.

He doesn't seem to be commenting on Assombalonga - as of yet.

Out of the loop isn't he!

5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

#Rovers remain interested in Sam Gallagher (nothing new there, though). Not been a breakthrough as yet, and the possible dealings, both in and out, at Southampton will dictate what happens with him.

We'll just have Charlie Austin instead then! Simples

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sharpe doesn't really have a clue what goes on. He only comments on things when they get done. 

The LT has been out of the loop with Rovers for years now.

Not one journalist is denying the Assombalonga rumours.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

His wages and transfer fee doesnt fit anywhere near our current budgets. 

Pipedream of a signing

No it's technically not.  We pay half his wages until the end of the season, so he'd be on what Danny is on probably.  No initial outlay, no gamble, only a shot at the play offs.......come on chaddy.....if you'd have found it trawling through your Nicko etc cronies, then you'd have a right hard on for it.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pipedream of a signing

I know you've been out of the loop lately Chaddy but when Madon speaks one doth not just dismiss it as a pipedream.

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pipedream of a signing

Don't insult my intelligence Chadster!

Any deal for Assombalonga will come down to wages.  I suspect the club won't be keen on disrupting the harmony within the group by smashing the wage structure for one player.  The success we have enjoyed over the past eighteen months has been built on Mowbray getting together a group of players who are a 'team' in every sense of the word.  I suspect Gallagher on loan would be a more realistic option, unless Assombalonga is prepared to accept the type of wages that are on offer at Ewood at present.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I know you've been out of the loop lately Chaddy but when Madon speaks one doth not just dismiss it as a pipedream.

Not been out of any loop. We been barely link to any player during this window

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nowhere did I have a go at yourself or your info. 

Boro wanted rid and him of the books. They offered him to us. Problem is we dont pay them sort of wages anymore. 

Waggott is due back from his 3 day binge in the North East today, let's see what the next couple of days bring. 

I still believe it's happening.  

I'm like everyone else, how the hell do we afford him?... maybe a huge wage rise if we get promoted?

But i trust the info ?

Edited by Madon

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Any deal for Assombalonga will come down to wages.  I suspect the club won't be keen on disrupting the harmony within the group by smashing the wage structure for one player.  The success we have enjoyed over the past eighteen months has been built on Mowbray getting together a group of players who are a 'team' in every sense of the word.  I suspect Gallagher on loan would be a more realistic option, unless Assombalonga is prepared to accept the type of wages that are on offer at Ewood at present.  

Yep that's where I'm at with it. Would be a hell of signing but has the potential to upset the apple cart if it's going to break our wage structure.