BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

53 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You don't need to see a player in the flesh to know what they are like. I have A 65 inch 4K tv which I connect my Laptop when watching games. I can see plenty. 

Seeing him more in the flesh doesn't make you more of an expert. In fact you mentioned his spell at Birmingham showing he hasn't kicked on. How many times did you watch him play for them, in the flesh or on TV? 

They let you plug your laptop into the pub tv screen ?    Fair play ... ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Make what you will of it... heard from someone within the club that Mowbray wanted Brereton in the U23 squad last week but Waggot stopped it as ‘It wouldn’t look good’.

That doesn't look good if true what the hell has it got to do with him it's the managers call, unless.....

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Make what you will of it... heard from someone within the club that Mowbray wanted Brereton in the U23 squad last week but Waggot stopped it as ‘It wouldn’t look good’.

He’s right, it wouldn’t look good. But because of someone’s lack of scouting or over-estimations it is necessary.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t, and it doesn’t necessarily help Damian Johnson, but that lad needs game time.

If they can’t behave like grown ups then it’s going to take a short “injury” to Brezza allowing rehabilitation minutes, or an injury to one of his teammates, and an unlikely goal to get him off the mark. The longer this goes on, the worse it gets.

I’m one of their biggest critics but even I would welcome him in the U23s as it’s the right thing to do in the circumstances.

Instead I wouldn’t be at all surprised if someone is actively looking to loan out Nuttall to make room...

• Like 7

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bell's been doing really well recently. That'd be spending money that doesn't really need to be spent and diverting money away from  far more pressing needs ie a top striker and centre back (or tying down Rodwell) for me.

For someone who expects so much and is so critical of Graham and Bennett, you clearly don’t have the same standards for Bell.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Because I go to the games. Why would I have any interest in ifollow? 

How did you not know 4000 holes came from the famous Beatles song?

?

We'll have to agree to disagree on Gallagher. If he was that good, Birmingham would have signed him permanently or at least extended his loan.

Birmingham have been in a transfer embargo so signing Gallagher after his spell there would have been out of the question for them. Also loaning him again would have been a struggle as he is on big wages, especially for a club in Birmingham’s position...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Instead I wouldn’t be at all surprised if someone is actively looking to loan out Nuttall to make room...

I can imagine how that conversation ended.

"Tell you what Waggs, buy me Assombalonga and we can talk about it."

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You can watch practically alll of our games live on ifollow. 

How do you not know that? 

So between that and sky I watched almost every game he played for us. 

So, I'll ask again, how many times did you watch him play for Birmingham? 

Thought ifollow only started in 17/18, where he played for us in 16/17?

Just now, Reedy You're A Star said:

Was called Rovers Player of which iFollow is now a re-skinned version of.

Just now, Reedy You're A Star said:

I think they put match highlights of the 16/17 season later in 2017. Probably to give people an incentive to sign up early.

I think Big Dog has been crossing the streams.

3 minutes ago, booth said:

I can imagine how that conversation ended.

"Tell you what Waggs, buy me Assombalonga and we can talk about it."

I’d like to think you are right!

Kind of pisses on Brezza’s Monster Munch though.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/britt-assombalonga-boro-outbid-various-13345323

It is understood the move will double his £20,000 Forest wages and includes rich goal bonuses 

There you go

Could be why he's playing out wide. Don't want him scoring too many if you can just win one nil ?

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You don't need to see a player in the flesh to know what they are like. I have A 65 inch 4K tv which I connect my Laptop when watching games. I can see plenty. 

Seeing him more in the flesh doesn't make you more of an expert. In fact you mentioned his spell at Birmingham showing he hasn't kicked on. How many times did you watch him play for them, in the flesh or on TV? 

Going off on a tangent, you see far less watching on tv than being at the game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

who knows?

Not everyone is obsess by money but maybe Dack will look at how much he will play and the role he will play. The relationship between a manager and a player is vital. 

Dack has always commented on the relationship between him and Mowbray being a good one.

Did Gestede move to Ipswich? 

I would say Mulgrew or Graham is on about 20k tops here so it would take a massive drop in wages for us to even sign Assombolonga from himself. 

Thankyou for sharing this info

I am sure that Dack has a lot of respect for Mowbray (albeit he wouldnt say publically if he disliked him!) but you are naive if you think that sole factor would prevent a player from trying to further his career, in MOST cases.

Its not just about money. Its about being ambitious and going to a bigger team. He sounded like he loved it at Gillingham but he joined Rovers because they are a bigger club and a richer club. 

• Like 2

It amazes me people keep papping on about us spending 7 million on Brereton, fomth final time WE HAVENT spent that amount YET. The deal is based on clauses along with a cash payment over the terms of the deal. It’s unlikely we have handed over 3 mill at this current point in time!

• Like 3

Just now, 1864roverite said:

It amazes me people keep papping on about us spending 7 million on Brereton, fomth final time WE HAVENT spent that amount YET. The deal is based on clauses along with a cash payment over the terms of the deal. It’s unlikely we have handed over 3 mill at this current point in time!

The trouble is, for every time you post that it’s a max price, someone else is saying it’s £7m plus add-ons. You can’t both be right!

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

The trouble is, for every time you post that it’s a max price, someone else is saying it’s £7m plus add-ons. You can’t both be right!

Every report said deal ‘could be worth up to £7m’.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am sure that Dack has a lot of respect for Mowbray (albeit he wouldnt say publically if he disliked him!) but you are naive if you think that sole factor would prevent a player from trying to further his career, in MOST cases.

Its not just about money. Its about being ambitious and going to a bigger team. He sounded like he loved it at Gillingham but he joined Rovers because they are a bigger club and a richer club. 

But that not the ONLY factor I mention either tho. Clearly just read what you want again. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But that not the ONLY factor I mention either tho. Clearly just read what you want again. 

Are you really naïve enough to think that if a Premier League side came into for Dack that he wouldn't want to move. I'm sure Dack is happy here and has a good relationship with the manager but if a Premier League side came in for him you I guarantee he would want to go and test himself at the top level, why wouldn't he?

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

All this talk about BB's fee being more reasonable because it is spread out in installments is a complete red herring. Everyone's fees are structured like that, it's not as if we would have to pay up front for anyone else yet somehow managed to get BB on the never never. It has to be paid eventually.

Don't think he's as bad as people make out though. He's never been given a chance.

• Like 8