BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 minute ago, alderson777 said:

Likely destination for Assombalonga will be Bristol Cityas they are willing to pay the Boro want and match the wages he is currently on. Mowbray is clever enough not to enter a bidding war and put us at risk. 

What makes you say that. I mean has Bristol been linked or you heard anything

Edited by Oldgregg86

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well, let me use your own argument against you then. 

In spite of countless reports on the fee (which have been very clear), no one knows how it is structured. Therefore, how can you assert that it is a largeish fee? 

Give it a rest. 

I have no idea whatsoever the point you are trying to make. The only figure I've seen quoted in relation to the deal is £7m therefore it is reasonable to assume we will end up having to pay a fairly large sum eventually regardless of whether none, some or all of any performance related clauses are triggered.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

I’m new on here so just wondering what an 11 o’clocker is?

There was a journalist that used to post here - Alan Nixon - when he was running a story RE Rovers he would post it here first at 11 o'clock the night before. This was because it was too late for any other papers to steal the story. 

Thus, the 11 oclocker was born, while we all waited eagerly for him to say either "nothing going" or tell us news which would have been available to us otherwise at 12pm, at 11pm.

As I said the other day, when have we ever had a blinding end to a transfer window? You can see it now, we won’t get near a deal for BA and will have a Gally all lined up on deadline day only for Saints not to get a replacement in at the 11th hour.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

As I said the other day, when have we ever had a blinding end to a transfer window? You can see it now, we won’t get near a deal for BA and will have a Gally all lined up on deadline day only for Saints not to get a replacement in at the 11th hour.

I predict... 

Boro agree to sell Assombalonga due to a deal with Gallagher being confirmed.

We all think he's going to sign for us.

Premier League team panic buys him on the final day.

No Gallagher, No Assombalonga. Happy Days.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Or the Fax machine packs up.

48 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Revidge, I think you and others are sort of missing the point on this. 

Brereton's fee isn't described as 'potentially 7m' because it is being paid in instalments. It is described in that way because it is based on performance (both personal and team performance). 

It's really very simple. I don't understand why this is still being discussed. We don't need another person to say 'I don't think everyone realises that transfers aren't paid in full'. 

If he establishes himself as a good player for us we will probably end up paying near 7m for him. If he turns out to be a complete flop then we will pay nowhere near that amount. We haven't shelled out 7m, either upfront or in a payment structure. 

Can we please stop endlessly discussing his transfer. It's all relatively clear and simple and now we can just wait and see if he makes it into the first team and becomes a useful player for us. It's all painfully boring. 

We will end up paying most of that £7M though whatever happens. Forest won't be that stupid. Someone's said we've "only" paid £3M so far! Anyone think that was worthwhile?

Could have got a very decent defender for that but we only splurge on strikers-----and then put them on the wing!    :(

• Like 1