BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Why do we always seem to make a mess of the final couple of days of transfer windows? We'll probably ending up making to late a play for Assombalonga, that'll fall through then Gally will tell us to p!ss off haha.

Edited by JeffRover

34 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Oh no... not Bristol City. PANIC.

Well, they’re the only other team between us and the play-offs... they get BA then I’d back them to finish above us. I’d rather find out right now that he’s not for sale.

On Josh Maja - Does anyone really think that Joe Nuttall couldn’t have got in or near the teens of goals scored if he started 25+odd games in league one for by far and away the best team?

Perhaps not, but I reckon it would be close.

Brereton would probably tear it up too for Sunderland and he’s a year younger.

Assombalonga isn’t just a hype train, Maja has a lot to prove yet.

Edited by S8 & Blue

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Revidge, I think you and others are sort of missing the point on this. 

Brereton's fee isn't described as 'potentially 7m' because it is being paid in instalments. It is described in that way because it is based on performance (both personal and team performance). 

It's really very simple. I don't understand why this is still being discussed. We don't need another person to say 'I don't think everyone realises that transfers aren't paid in full'. 

If he establishes himself as a good player for us we will probably end up paying near 7m for him. If he turns out to be a complete flop then we will pay nowhere near that amount. We haven't shelled out 7m, either upfront or in a payment structure. 

Can we please stop endlessly discussing his transfer. It's all relatively clear and simple and now we can just wait and see if he makes it into the first team and becomes a useful player for us. It's all painfully boring. 

You don’t know more than anyone else on here about how the deal is structured but talk expertly about “missing the point”.

If the deal was £3m, for instance, with add-ons which could take the deal “up to” £7m then this being common knowledge would take the heat massively off player and manager. But it isn’t, the manager is having to defend the fee by saying “it is just a number and doesn’t matter”. But again it isn’t just a number and it does matter, because we could have had two, even three, very good players for that kind of money.

Perception is reality and the perception is that we have grossly overpaid for a player not ready for first team football in the Championship - despite having played a lot in this division. The signing is an odd one and the debate will continue until he finds form and looks like justifying a fee.

Theres nothing worse on a messageboard that people saying “can we just stop discussing whatever”. No, if people want to discuss it, let them. If people don’t want to discuss it, stay out of the discussion. It really is that simple.

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

You don’t know more than anyone else on here about how the deal is structured but talk expertly about “missing the point”.

If the deal was £3m, for instance, with add-ons which could take the deal “up to” £7m then this being common knowledge would take the heat massively off player and manager. But it isn’t, the manager is having to defend the fee by saying “it is just a number and doesn’t matter”. But again it isn’t just a number and it does matter, because we could have had two, even three, very good players for that kind of money.

Perception is reality and the perception is that we have grossly overpaid for a player not ready for first team football in the Championship - despite having played a lot in this division. The signing is an odd one and the debate will continue until he finds form and looks like justifying a fee.

Theres nothing worse on a messageboard that people saying “can we just stop discussing whatever”. No, if people want to discuss it, let them. If people don’t want to discuss it, stay out of the discussion. It really is that simple.

Just to add to your point, many Forest fans were still gutted at a full 7m quotation.

The perception intended and the information given on transfer fees work both ways and often favours the selling party when it’s a rated prospect.

Anyway, I’m betting one goes in off his cock at Wembley and it will be the best £1-20m we’ve ever spent.

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well, they’re the only other team between us and the play-offs... they get BA then I’d back them to finish above us. I’d rather find out right now that he’s not for sale.

On Josh Maja - Does anyone really think that Joe Nuttall couldn’t have got in or near the teens of goals scored if he started 25+odd games in league one for by far and away the best team?

Perhaps not, but I reckon it would be close.

Brereton would probably tear it up too for Sunderland and he’s a year younger.

Assombalonga isn’t just a hype train, Maja has a lot to prove yet.

No I don’t, Nuttall may have scored the odd goal last season but he wasn’t good enough to play week in week out. I remember Bury away last season we won 3-0 but after that day I knew Nuttall wouldn’t feature much for the rest of the season, he looked really poor. He’s obviously benefited from getting back scoring in the U23s and he’s improved, maybe if he played a full season in league one this season he’d have got in to the teens for goals but last season I really don’t think he would have pal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

No I don’t, Nuttall may have scored the odd goal last season but he wasn’t good enough to play week in week out. I remember Bury away last season we won 3-0 but after that day I knew Nuttall wouldn’t feature much for the rest of the season, he looked really poor. He’s obviously benefited from getting back scoring in the U23s and he’s improved, maybe if he played a full season in league one this season he’d have got in to the teens for goals but last season I really don’t think he would have pal. 

Ok, but I also wouldn’t spend decent money and seek out today’s Joe Nuttall as a marquee signing either.

Just now, Butty said:

This famous Rovers striker search takes another twist... Now that would be a signing. Goal machine at this level. We can dream. 

96A69189-F170-47B0-8C51-3CFDDC02A8B4.png

Not his story either, which means this has legs.

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Thanks for the link. I'd be quite up for that. 

Not as good as landing BA but better than Gallagher.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Thanks for the link. I'd be quite up for that. 

Not as good as landing BA but better than Gallagher.

I think with the way we play Austin would suit us better than Assombalonga personally. Half his wages on loan to the end of the season sounds sensible too me.. Fulham got Mitrovic on loan last season and he got them up. If we could pull this off it would be a massive statement of intent.

• Like 6

Just now, Butty said:

I think with the way we play Austin would suit us better than Assombalonga personally. Half his wages on loan to the end of the season sounds sensible too me.. Fulham got Mitrovic on loan last season and he got them up. If we could pull this off it would be a massive statement of intent.

I meant really that landing BA permanently would be more of a massive statement of intent. CA on a short term deal until the end of the season less so. We don't go up, he goes back and we're back to square one.

Nevertheless I'm quite excited by this and I agree it seems far more feasible, won't break the bank etc.

It does say other Clubs are in for him on other sites though. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I meant really that landing BA permanently would be more of a massive statement of intent. CA on a short term deal until the end of the season less so. We don't go up, he goes back and we're back to square one.

Nevertheless I'm quite excited by this and I agree it seems far more feasible, won't break the bank etc.

It does say other Clubs are in for him on other sites though. 

Yeah he’s been linked with a few. We may have to rely on Reedy putting a good word in for us! 

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

It amazes me people keep papping on about us spending 7 million on Brereton, fomth final time WE HAVENT spent that amount YET. The deal is based on clauses along with a cash payment over the terms of the deal. It’s unlikely we have handed over 3 mill at this current point in time!

Having spent quite some time recently with a colleague who is a Forest fan and who has good connections with the club, my understanding is that Forest are absolutely delighted with the deal.  If my understanding is correct then I think you would be surprised at just how costly this deal is for Rovers.