BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

3 hours ago, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

I’m new on here so just wondering what an 11 o’clocker is?

A journo Alan Nixon used to post on here years ago. Giving out the tiniest tidbits of information followed by "more in tomorrow's paper" which whipped people up into such a frenzy. The term nickoteen was even created.

Anyway he used to post at about 11pm as the papers were already being printed at that time which coined the phrase 11 o'clocker. 

Why does this happen to us every window? The first 95% of it is always as slow as a snail and then in the final few days we get linked with some potentially very decent signings. Then we all feel like children who’ve had their last Christmas Dairy Milk snatched out of their hands when it doesn’t materialise! Let’s hope this window is the exception. An interesting (as usual) 48 hours awaits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d prefer che Adams, cracking player

He would be a cracking signing for us

52 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

He would be a brillant signing

38 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Having spent quite some time recently with a colleague who is a Forest fan and who has good connections with the club, my understanding is that Forest are absolutely delighted with the deal.  If my understanding is correct then I think you would be surprised at just how costly this deal is for Rovers. 

Shit post that is designed to make people think you are ITK.  With not one fact to back any of your anti-rovers statement. Oooh look at me, I know more than you....when you probably dont 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Shit post that is designed to make people think you are ITK.  With not one fact to back any of your anti-rovers statement. Oooh look at me, I know more than you....when you probably dont 

You can think what you like.

My post was merely in response to 1864roverite's post and other subsequent posts on the subject of the Brereton deal.

My understanding of the deal is not from the Rovers' end and I would back its likely credibility against anything that the LT has published on the deal or anything posted on this MB about the deal. 

Edited by Mercer

Hell fire its a Sun story, which in all honesty makes it less likely than if we hadn't been linked at all. 

Burnley are allegedly in for Austin too. It would be absolutely hilarious if we got him, but I can't see anything whatsoever in that story. 

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

You dont think assombalonga is realistic yet you would be all over adams and austin? Whats the difference in wages?

Chaddy logic. 

Doubt Che Adams is on much though but Austin is surely on more than Assombolonga.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

For those wanting an ‘actual source’ for our assombalonga interest... 

Madon spot on again it seems.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11688/11621944/blackburn-want-middlesbrough-striker-britt-assombalonga

3A69A5EA-959F-49D4-9D75-463B3C4EF14C.png

Skysports lost any credibility years ago tbh, they usually just pick up on tit bits on forums, twitter and newspapers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Skysports lost any credibility years ago tbh, they usually just pick up on tit bits on forums, twitter and newspapers. 

People want a source then moan when 2 are posted ?

Edited by Mellor Rover

29 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

For those wanting an ‘actual source’ for our assombalonga interest... 

Madon spot on again it seems.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11688/11621944/blackburn-want-middlesbrough-striker-britt-assombalonga

3A69A5EA-959F-49D4-9D75-463B3C4EF14C.png

Wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘sky sources’ are actually Madon and that Boro forum ITK.

I would be happy with any of the three. I thought Gallagher was decent last time he was here but some people who watched him more weren’t so impressed. Out of the three linked I have to say Austin would be my preferred option. Would fit straight into our system and take the pressure off Danny Graham.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Madon said:

Not heard anything about Austin TBH. I'm still putting all my eggs firmly in the Assombalonga basket. 

Is it Possible that Waggots  trip to the north east hasn't been as successful as he'd hoped and moving on to the next on the list ? Hence the Austin link ??

Just now, AJW said:

Is it Possible that Waggots  trip to the north east hasn't been as successful as he'd hoped and moving on to the next on the list ? Hence the Austin link ??

From the north east to the south coast, thats some travelling.