BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You said instead of Gallagher not Brereton. But again cannot give a proper answer. So any answer to the Original question? Who would ypu have potential sign this window instead of Gallagher which is likely to loan with view permanent signing in summer? 

Yes Che Adams would have been good signing in the summer. Maybe we tried but Birmingham didnt to sell..

Chaddy, it is not my job to scout Europe and the UK for players nor do I have an encyclopedic knowledge of football over the same regions (I do have a life to lead!!!).

All I have demonstrated is the next 'big things' are out there waiting to be discovered and given opportunity (eg Pukki, Maupay and Adams).  If we can't do better than Brereton at £7million+ or Gallagher at £severalmillions then it's time we got folk into Rovers who can - combined fees for Pukki, Maupay and Adams were about £3.5million which makes the Brereton deal, IMV, a staggering and expensive mystery. 

Edited by Mercer

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, it is not my job to scout Europe and the UK for players nor do I have an encyclopedic knowledge of football over the same regions (I do have a life to lead!!!).

All I have demonstrated is the next 'big things' are out there waiting to be discovered and given opportunity (eg Pukki, Maupay and Adams).  If we can't do better than Brereton at £7million+ or Gallagher at £severalmillions then it's time we got folk into Rovers who can - combined fees for Pukki, Maupay and Adams were about £3.5million which makes the Brereton deal, IMV, a staggering and expensive mystery. 

You have no proof whatsoever that he's cost £7m. Give your head a wobble, Mercer.  Hopefully you like playing devils advance because you don't half get on my tits with this twisted, always having a dig at us, but I'm a fan really, attitude.....like a warped, happy if it's all going wrong type of thing going on....

Let’s face it it’s looking like we aren’t going too get Assombalonga or Austin. If Gally is who we end up with then I won’t object, he’ll be a lot cheaper and I think as some have said, Mowbray will get a good tune out of him. I think if we hadn’t been linked to BA and CA then there wouldnt be any objection to bringing Gallagher back either on loan or on a perm for a reasonable fee, but after being linked with those two I can see why some might feel a bit dejected if we bring Gallagher in. F**k it. I hope we have a quiet day tomorrow or get any business done early, I don’t want too have to put myself through listening to that grade A tosser Jim White on sky ?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Next big things like Bradley Dack? Lewis Travis? Nyambe? Raya? Armstrong?

35 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Expect nothing tomorrow happens all the time with rovers intact I'm just gonna not even look ?

You know you're lying to yourself Adam. You'll check on here at least 5 times tomorrow.

So sounds and looks like Gallagher going nowhere. In Southampton's squad tonight (Austin isnt) and Pete O'Rourke saying Saints want to keep him, with numerous clubs interested anyway, so even if he was available we'd have competition. 

Hope we've something else up our sleeves. Telegraph seemed to suggest there was a 1st choice target in mind, but seemed to be under the impression that it was Gallagher. Will be disappointing if we don't strengthen or add to the depth of the squad.

• Backroom
Just now, roversfan99 said:

I never said Nuttall was definitely going there,  i guessed it would be the case from a previous article. 

51 minutes ago, Mercer said:

so yet again Mercer, you cannot back it up. what a shocking. :lol:

typical Mercer, all talk and no action 

last season we were league 1 club and didn't have a overseas scouting network. over the past 6 months we have been putting this into place as a club as Mowbray as said. 

Maupay moved to Brentford in summer 2017 and Adams moved in Birmingham in summer 2016. Pukki signed for Norwich. They have vast knowledge of the German market due to Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke. 

You keep coming us with so many conspiracy theories its time you joined forces with Jesse Venture and take part in his  show Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. 

You cannot resist a dig at Mowbray and Brereton at every opportunity. Wonder why? 

we are 8th with a front 4 who cost less than 4 million pounds. Reed(loan), Dack(750k), Armstrong(1.8 million raising to 3 mil with adds ons),, Graham)free)

Just now, Madon said:

I'm still saying Assombalonga if its going to be anyone tomorrow.  

It sounds as though he’s going on loan too whoever will pay the highest percentage of his wages. I can’t see that being us Madon? 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Madon said:

I'm still saying Assombalonga if its going to be anyone tomorrow.  

When you were saying ‘70% done’, what did you mean?

And any further on that figure?