BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I thought everyone had agreed to stop yammering about Brereton? I know it's tempting to discuss, because with that money back in our budget we could be more adventurous in this window, but it's been done to death here and has its own thread.

Correct. Let’s keep this thread on imaginary daydream loan signings and discuss our actual January permanent signings and their effect on the window elsewhere.

Edited by S8 & Blue

14 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

This is a January Transfer thread, not a BB thread.  Can't you muppets a) read b) think c) help yourselves.  One more mention and I'll close the thread.

You may need to check the floor for your rattle, it appears to have fallen out of your pram.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

This is a January Transfer thread, not a BB thread.  Can't you muppets a) read b) think c) help yourselves.  One more mention and I'll close the thread.

Why not just split the posts and add them to the appropriate thread?

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Brererton's transfer to Rovers went through on the 4th of  January so it is relevent to the January transfer window thread.  

Love Miss Piggy

p.s you need to get the list of forum mods / Admin updated on the Ask admin page to include yourself . Unless there is an option where anybody can close a thread ,if so please share.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Hello I’m looking for the Brer Bennington thread is this it?

No, it's the Br'er Rabbiton thread.

Can I claim to be Mod too? I can then transfer the MB colour scheme and bring back an old favourite :brfcsmilie:

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

When did you join the Politburo?

bet this has been deleted by tomorrow 

If there's one thing more boring than reading posts from people discussing BB in the wrong thread it's reading posts from people complaining that people are talking about BB in the wrong thread!

Feel the chat about BB is relevant myself as it obviously impacts on our ability to operate or otherwise this window.

Today will be as much about who we don't sign as who we do sign for me. If we can't sign a decent striker like BA or CA I think it will still be a small victory if we dont end up committing another 7m in transfer fees and a minimum of 6m over 5 years on Gallagher who imo will never be more than a perennial sub 10 goal a year journeyman doing the rounds between different Clubs.

If we're going to spend a lot of money to bring someone in, let's make it someone really good  who will make a real difference. Not just someone we happen to know already and like.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Or how about you just show your fellow posters a bit more respect and a lot less passive aggression? What kind of reply is that? 'Its the way it is'. So you're just accepting you're being rude and don't care? No wonder a lot of people haven't exactly missed you with that shitty attitude.

No aggression there. 

And I have alot of time for some fellow posters. 

No shitty attitude just the way you are looking at it. 

Now lets get back to why we are on here. Talking Blackburn Rovers and NOT getting personal with fellow members. 

Its boring keep reading about Brereton.and the fee we played. We done it. Its done, move on. Cant change it but kets keep talking and debating about it cos reality has set it we wont be signing Assombalonga and Austin today. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds like Gallagher is the main focus with Austin and Assombalonga the backup options if he isn't available, and they'd only come in once Big T has assessed their character to make sure they will fit into the squad personality wise. 

Unless Waggott is throwing Boro off by lying to the media the scamp ?

Interesting -Waggott points out that players like Assambalonga come at  very high price.  Yet then says they could be pursued if Tony wants them.  Clearly there is money to spend. Ties in with what TM said a few days ago about paying over the odds for players from rival teams or looking at loan to buys/loans instead...we know he likes to get value.

Think we will end up with someone, possibly leftfield again if It's true Gallagher is staying at Saints.

Happy we"ve added Chapman though so anything else a bonus.

29 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Really don't won't Gallagher don't rate him at all

Had his best scoring time with us. Still, I'd prefer Austin. Definitely need someone up  there.

Will be decidedly crapped off if we don't get anyone.

Not sure about Gallagher. 

He'd be going from being a bench warmer in the prem to bench warmer in the Championship. Unless we're planning a switch in formation or DG has an underlying injury we're not fully aware of (I don't buy into the fact he's a bit older and might need rest, I can still train 5 days a week at 37!). 

He doesn't really seem to have benefitted much from his last loan spells. 

Good option to have bringing him and Chappers on last 20-30 mins in games but you could argue Nuttall already provides that and we shouldn't be hampering his progress. 

Not totally against it, just not blown away with excitement. 

Reports this morning that Southampton have received 4 loan offers for Austin from Premier League clubs, problem for them is that are they going to risk loaning/selling him to relegation rivals? However if there is Premier League interest I would imagine Austin himself pushing to stay in the Premier League.

Looks like we have competition for Gallagher from other Championship clubs.