BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Just now, JeffRover said:

We’d have heard something meaty by now if anything was going to happen. Just accept it and move on, we’ve cocked up another deadline day.

Not the end of the world if we don't.  Our weakest part of the squad was out wide and we've bought a winger.  

Two or three good signings in Summer and we'll have a good shout next year regardless of who comes down.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

We’d have heard something meaty by now if anything was going to happen. Just accept it and move on, we’ve cocked up another deadline day.

Jeez it’s not even 8am and the sulking starts. 

• Like 3

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Good morning all, especially you @Madon. Hoping for a productive day today. Gonna try and keep optimistic until 11.01pm.

My wish list

1. Assombalonga 

2. Austin 

3. Murphy 

4. Gallagher 

5. Kodjia

Any of them on 6 month loan would be a decent addition to the squad, who do you think Tony’s target is? 

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not the end of the world if we don't.  Our weakest part of the squad was out wide and we've bought a winger.  

Two or three good signings in Summer and we'll have a good shout next year regardless of who comes down.

I disagree. We haven't got anything like adequate cover for Graham who will not play 90 mins every game and will sometimes need to miss a game.

That's if we are serious about the play-offs of course.

Just now, Biz said:

Any of them on 6 month loan would be a decent addition to the squad, who do you think Tony’s target is? 

I think it's Gallagher, but if Villa are keen on doing plenty of business today then outgoings are going to be necessary. Kodjia might well be a late mover. Who knows hey? Gonna keep optimistic though. Even if we don't sign anyone today then I think the squad as it is, is capable of a play off push. 

Sounds to me like we may miss out on all 3 for one reason or another , wonder if there's a back up to the back up list ?? Scott Hogan has gone to Sheff Utd (he'd have been ok) but somebody earlier posted the amount of forwards they already had , I think Leon Clarke is on his way to Wigan but what about Washington or Mcgoldrick ?? If it's a loan til the end of the season and it's to take the pressure off Graham , they wouldn't be the worst of options then maybe re-visit Gallagher Austin or BA at the end of the season. 

Edited by AJW

I'm still saying it will be somebody completely out of left field on loan, or nobody.

I think it always was, I don't doubt Madon that BA has been looked at but that was never really going to happen was it?

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I think it's Gallagher, but if Villa are keen on doing plenty of business today then outgoings are going to be necessary. Kodjia might well be a late mover. Who knows hey? Gonna keep optimistic though. Even if we don't sign anyone today then I think the squad as it is, is capable of a play off push. 

I agree but if we take what Southampton say at face value then he’s staying. So I’m going with Madons information and say Assombalonga on loan with an option to buy regardless of wages. 

• Backroom

BA is the one I would want out of the 3, Gallagher the least exciting but has age and potential

Akinfenwa May come in to teach a few of the lads how to bulk up 

10 minutes ago, AJW said:

Sounds to me like we may miss out on all 3 for one reason or another , wonder if there's a back up to the back up list ?? Scott Hogan has gone to Sheff Utd (he'd have been ok) but somebody earlier posted the amount of forwards they already had , I think Leon Clarke is on his way to Wigan but what about Washington or Mcgoldrick ?? If it's a loan til the end of the season and it's to take the pressure off Graham , they wouldn't be the worst of options then maybe re-visit Gallagher Austin or BA at the end of the season. 

Pandemonium on this board if McGoldrick or Washington is so much as mentioned. Both worse than we currently have and we're supposed to be only signing 'players that will come in and improve us'.

Would rather use Nuttall than either of them.

45 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Cat amongst the pigeons time.  If we are looking at ex dingle forwards, then  how about a current one?  Vokes on loan would be just the type of player to replace Graham...

Going Stoke permanently. Though I agree a very good Championship signing.

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Pandemonium on this board if McGoldrick or Washington is so much as mentioned. Both worse than we currently have and we're supposed to be only signing 'players that will come in and improve us'.

Would rather use Nuttall than either of them.

McGoldrick has been banging them in this season. Has just signed a contract extension though. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Left field... Marquis? Sunderland have had a bid rejected. 

Not the worst shout in the world. Good age, good scoring record but just hasnt really been tested at this level.