BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Austin according to someone covering the South of Talksport this morning is on 70K a week, Southampton prefer to do a perm transfer to get him off wage bill, then keep him as an option before loaning out. Take from that what you will. Cardiff, Us, Forrest and someone else I can’t remember in Championship interested. I can’t see it personally.

Did Gallagher get off the bench last night? 

Although we need a striker we aren't in a bad position at the min as long as there are no outgoings so they can leave things till the very last min in the hope of getting a decent deal.  Miss out and yes disappointed but for once it's not the end of the world as the team will manage unlike some previous windows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

Boro have just said, no offers whatsoever for Assomabalonga.

Probably because they want full wages paid for any loan deal. Not really a good deal for anyone except Boro who get a player they are not using enough completely paid for for the rest of the season while his value will enhanced should he do well.

Wow! Couldn't find a relevant thread so i'll whack it in here...

Since leaving Rovers 3 and a half years ago Gestede has started just 37 games! Not even enough for a full championship season.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Probably because they want full wages paid for any loan deal. Not really a good deal for anyone except Boro who get a player they are not using enough completely paid for for the rest of the season while his value will enhanced should he do well.

I bloody hate all these loans, it's madness. What happened to the good old fashioned transfer? Pay the bloody money and start a merry go round. Chelsea have signed a striker on loan with "the option to make it permanent for 40m quid". The option? Crazy. 

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I bloody hate all these loans, it's madness. What happened to the good old fashioned transfer? Pay the bloody money and start a merry go round. Chelsea have signed a striker on loan with "the option to make it permanent for 40m quid". The option? Crazy. 

Yup loans are all financial these days whether in terms of loan fees or money off the books. In the good old days a loan was to send a kid out for free to get some experience.

This is an example, a million quid to loan a PL full back.

• Aston Villa lead the race to sign Tyrone Mings on loan but Bournemouth will seek a £1m fee.
Edited by JacknOry

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Just been reading that myself. Looks like Millwall for him. I would have him back. 

Fair enough. Absolute no go for me.