BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Just now, rigger said:

No !

What I am saying is not a fact or an opinion, it is another option to the two you stated ( Which are not facts either).

I never said they were facts that's why I said my view. But what your option is saying to me is that Mowbray knows who he want's but we may not have the budget available to go and make a player become available (because we all know that any player is for sell at the right price) and the money spent on Brereton will have impacted heavily on that budget (which was what I originally said). 

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You really think that we couldn't find anyone striker who isn't better than Nuttall (our current second choice). I like Nuttall but let's be honest he's decent at best. Gestede is available I'd say he's better than Nuttall. Sheffield United brought in Madine and Hogan, Wigan have brought in Leon Clarke any of those 3 would have improved us until the end of the season. As it stands we have a very small chance of top 6 but a 2 week or more injury to Graham and we have no chance.

Also by you saying no one is available that the manager wants you do support my view that we may not have the budget available to go and make a player become available (because we all know that any player is for sell at the right price) and the money spent on Brereton will have impacted heavily on that budget.

Ask Bolton and Villa fans what they think of Madine and Hogan! 

• Backroom

It's hard for me to feel confident or positive about the long term with Venky's in charge. I don't think I'll ever be able to trust them. We heard it all before regarding taking small steps and stablising the club - stability was the mind-numbing mantra of the Bowyer era. Ultimately, it ended with all of our best players being sold, the manager unceremoniously dumped, a donut-loving chimp in the dugout and playing in League 1 for the first time in decades. 

Success is built on long-term strategy, but the only thing Venky's have ever secured for the club long-term is failure and disappointment. Until that trend reverses (and mid-table in the Championship for a single season isn't enough) I'll always be in a state of mind of "the time is now". With this lot in charge I dare not think any further ahead. 

• Like 6

Just now, DE. said:

It's hard for me to feel confident or positive about the long term with Venky's in charge. I don't think I'll ever be able to trust them. We heard it all before regarding taking small steps and stablising the club - stability was the mind-numbing mantra of the Bowyer era. Ultimately, it ended with all of our best players being sold, the manager unceremoniously dumped, a donut-loving chimp in the dugout and playing in League 1 for the first time in decades. 

Success is built on long-term strategy, but the only thing Venky's have ever secured for the club long-term is failure and disappointment. Until that trend reverses (and mid-table in the Championship for a single season isn't enough) I'll always be in a state of mind of "the time is now". With this lot in charge I dare not think any further ahead. 

What proof do you want that we're trying to build for the future?

Do you want us to spend £10 million pounds on 2 strikers younger than 22?

Do you want an average squad age of 24?

52 minutes ago, Neal said:

I think I might be the only one wanting Sam Gallagher as first choice permenant signing. Just think he will integrate into the side quicker and is lower risk. I'd be happy to take a punt on the bigger names on loan but I think its risky chucking loads of money at those types of players in the championship. 

I'm with you. I actually don't want Assombalonga, he turned down a premier league move to go to Boro for 5k a week extra. Fuck that attitude.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

What a pointless argument. If you used that argument all the time then we wouldn't have signed Rodwell or Graham considering Sunderland fans views on them. Ask Brentford fans about Hogan and you would get very positive feedback. Anyway they were just two examples of players that have been available that would have provided a much needed alternative to Graham.

Edited by Ewood Ace

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Hopefully a good signing still kept under wraps to avoid hijack!

I never understand this theory that clubs keep potential signings a secret to prevent another club coming in and beating us to it.

If a club is letting a player go they will try to get the best possible price for that player, so they will leak interest out to see if anyone else comes forward with a better offer. Likewise the player in question will have an agent paid to get the best deal for his client and so that individual will drip news out into public and get word out onto the footballing grapevine to see if a better offer comes forward from elsewhere.

If there is interest in a player it will come out one way or another. If not into the public domain then at least in football/agent circles. Question is if there's enough time left to hijack it.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Mellor Rover said:

What proof do you want that we're trying to build for the future?

Do you want us to spend £10 million pounds on 2 strikers younger than 22?

Do you want an average squad age of 24?

I have no doubt that Mowbray is trying to build for the future and good on him. However, the fact remains that the owners could pull the rug out from under him and all of us at a moment's notice. I'll always feel that we're one step away from disaster with Venky's at the helm, irrespective of the manager. If Mowbray is still here in five years time and noticeable progress has been made across the club then maybe it'll be time to reconsider. In the meantime the 8+ years of mostly misery under Venky's remains at the forefront of my thoughts in relation to all things Rovers - as sad as that is!

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

A bit of a strange one, that. Can't we ask Brentford fans what they think of Hogan?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Anybody heard of this chap we were apparently interested in  (obviously aprt from being a Swedish international)

Nottingham Forest having a very good day...Swedish international defender Alexander Milosevic, who Blackburn and Middlesbrough considered, is arriving along with Leon Bonatini from Wolves, having already signed Pele. And they want more...

He was out of contract after last season and very clear with wanting to move on and play abroad, so I'm sure he was shopped around and probably passed through the Rovers network some time or other. He's decent, but nowhere near the national team (his caps are all from B-level games with players exclusively from the Scandinavian leagues). 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

I have no doubt that Mowbray is trying to build for the future and good on him. However, the fact remains that the owners could pull the rug out from under him and all of us at a moment's notice. I'll always feel that we're one step away from disaster with Venky's at the helm, irrespective of the manager. If Mowbray is still here in five years time and noticeable progress has been made across the club then maybe it'll be time to reconsider. In the meantime the 8+ years of mostly misery under Venky's remains at the forefront of my thoughts in relation to all things Rovers - as sad as that is!

Maybe, maybe not.

Not worth fretting about though. If you worry about it and then it happens then you have to go through the emotions twice!

Bowyer's lot being sold off is on him, should have had them in the top 2, twice. Before they were sold. We had to sell to avoid another embargo.

If Dack ends up going for example, i don't think it shows any lack of ambition every player has their price... Even at Barcelona.

Just now, K-Hod said:

A bit of a strange one, that. Can't we ask Brentford fans what they think of Hogan?

We could, he played a grand total of 33 games for them like...

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I never understand this theory that clubs keep potential signings a secret to prevent another club coming in and beating us to it.

If a club is letting a player go they will try to get the best possible price for that player, so they will leak interest out to see if anyone else comes forward with a better offer. Likewise the player in question will have an agent paid to get the best deal for his client and so that individual will drip news out into public and get word out onto the footballing grapevine to see if a better offer comes forward from elsewhere.

If there is interest in a player it will come out one way or another. If not into the public domain then at least in football/agent circles. Question is if there's enough time left to hijack it.

Roy Kean springs to mind!

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

We could, he played a grand total of 33 games for them like...

And scored 21 goals in those 33 games. Bellamy probably played a similar amount of games for Rovers but I could tell you what a good player he was. On the other side Chris Brown probably played a similar amount of games for Rovers but I could tell you he was useless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

And scored 21 goals in those 33 games. Bellamy probably played a similar amount of games for Rovers but I could tell you what a good player he was. On the other side Chris Brown probably played a similar amount of games for Rovers but I could tell you he was useless.

7 in 56 since then. He wouldn't be the first striker to score for fun at one club then go off the boil completely.

Lets wait and see how he does.

Just now, OJRovers said:

When are Gladwin, Samual and Davenport back to fitness?

That will seem like 3 new signings.

<sound of clutching at straws>

I'm excited for Davenport. Gets good reviews everywhere.

The other 2 should be part of a clear out in summer involving Conway, Smallwood and Williams.

3 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

When are Gladwin, Samual and Davenport back to fitness?

That will seem like 3 new signings.

<sound of clutching at straws>

Pretty sure Davenport was photographed in training last week with the first team, so surely can't be far off. Don't know how he fits into the team though.