BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

On 30/01/2019 at 18:36, Mercer said:

I did say seriously!!!

Will this lad from GIb be in the 18 on Saturday ?!

I keep reading we may end up in a sticky spot if we don't pull off any signings. I'd say the opposite.  

Sorry Merce, no idea why it quoted you but to be fair I can't believe we've signed a lad from a pub that's been shut for over 10 years.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, m1st said:

I don't come on the Board often these days, but old habits die hard on Transfer deadline day.

Seeing that we seem unlikely to recruit anyone between now & 11.00 tonight,  I  thought I'd ask a question not directly connected with this window but may have an impact on all future ones.

Does anyone on here know - not, 'is prepared to speculate' but actually know - if Brexit will affect our ability to recruit players from Europe? Will we only be able to sign European players of a certain standard? Will we only be able to sign players who aren't EU-nationals? It could be important for our beefed-up Scouting Department.

Mind you, given that most sectors of British industry seem to be complaining that the Government is leaving It extremely late to issue guidance on how Brexit will affect them, perhaps not even the Government knows.

No replies I suppose because (your bold) no one KNOWS. The government doesn’t even know.

However, building a British based squad and recruitment network would look like a very sound choice to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

No mate, everyone has gone home.  

Miracle territory now I'm afraid. 

So, a bi-typical transfer DEADline day for Rovers.

I don't like the fact they have gone home... very naive to just leave... imagine in an hour if Middlesborough were to call and say "on second thoughts, go one then, £20kpw and you can have Assombalonga afterall, we need the wages for our own incoming".

... But all they can reach is the fax machine. 

Surely they stay till 11pm regardless.

• Like 1

What a crap window. 11pm deadline, out of the running at 7:30pm.

Question marks over every signing:

Harrison Chapman - Injury prone and not fit to play this season

Ben Brereton - Inability-prone and not fit to get on the pitch ahead of Craig Conway

Brad Lyons - Brad Loans

Louie Annesley - A tall child. From Gibraltar. A country that ranks behind Guam.

We are 3 points off the play-offs with over a third of the season left but no, we’d rather start off at zero points in 2019/20 and give it a right good go once Brezza comes good. Well, maybe 2020/21.

Meanwhile the LT try to talk up Joe Nuttall as the striker of the window. (The same window that we paid up to £7m for a spare one).

At least our scouts won’t need to take February off and office staff can have an early night before it gets too icy in the roads - once they’ve put the spare fax machine cartridge back in the safe.

(Take it away Biz....)

• Like 8

Just now, Stuart said:

What a crap window. 11pm deadline, out of the running at 7:30pm.

Question marks over every signing:

Harrison Chapman - Injury prone and not fit to play this season

Ben Brereton - Inability-prone and not fit to get on the pitch ahead of Craig Conway

Brad Lyons - Brad Loans

Louie Annesley - A tall child. From Gibraltar. A country that ranks behind Guam.

We are 3 points off the play-offs with over a third of the season left but no, we’d rather start off at zero points in 2019/20 and give it a right good go once Brezza comes good. Well, maybe 2020/21.

Meanwhile the LT try to talk up Joe Nuttall as the striker of the window. (The same window that we paid up to £7m for a spare one).

At least our scouts won’t need to take February off and office staff can have an early night before it gets too icy in the roads - once they’ve put the spare fax machine cartridge back in the safe.

(Take it away Biz....)

I agree..