BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Sums it up when the club are running with the '4 new signings' line for January. That's stretching it to the extreme when 2 of those were already here with deals becoming permanent, 1 of them is joining the development squad and the other isn't ready to play. It's actually 1 senior addition who the manager immediately ruled out of contention to play. 

Poor really. Not that we had a chronic need for new bodies but at the end of the day it's an opportunity to strengthen missed and it would have been good to add whilst we're in a good place to keep growing and improving. 

The same old tired excuses about the cost of players these days simply doesn't wash given the time we've had to prepare for the window. What are we going to do, never sign another player because we're not happy with prices and won't detract from first choice targets?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

We've got ourselves into a good position in the league and just needed one quality forward signing to give us that bit of a push to make the top 6.

Really poor effort by the club. 

Had rovers been midtable or lower u could maybe understand no movement but it smacks of complete naivity and stupidity on mowbray's part when rovers are in a good position to make a late push. That or sheer arrogance in thinking that after a few good results rovers dont need to invest

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stuart said:

What a crap window. 11pm deadline, out of the running at 7:30pm.

Question marks over every signing:

Harrison Chapman - Injury prone and not fit to play this season

Ben Brereton - Inability-prone and not fit to get on the pitch ahead of Craig Conway

Brad Lyons - Brad Loans

Louie Annesley - A tall child. From Gibraltar. A country that ranks behind Guam.

We are 3 points off the play-offs with over a third of the season left but no, we’d rather start off at zero points in 2019/20 and give it a right good go once Brezza comes good. Well, maybe 2020/21.

Meanwhile the LT try to talk up Joe Nuttall as the striker of the window. (The same window that we paid up to £7m for a spare one).

At least our scouts won’t need to take February off and office staff can have an early night before it gets too icy in the roads - once they’ve put the spare fax machine cartridge back in the safe.

(Take it away Biz....)

Moan and moan..

What happens if this squad makes the playoffs? Will you still complain? I will answer Yes!

What were really expect? Us to spend loads of money? 4 or 5 signings? 

Mowbray has told you why we didnt sign the players he wanted? Too expensive!

Edited by chaddyrovers

Mowbray is tying his hands by only looking at British players or players only currently playing in this country.  Hasn't he learnt that home-based players are expensive (Brereton £7m ????) and are on very high wages? There are very few Bradley Dacks around - if he wont spend the money he needs to look abroad for the bargains - something which he seems reluctant to do.

Just now, roverandout said:

Had rovers been midtable or lower u could maybe understand no movement but it smacks of complete naivity and stupidity on mowbray's part when rovers are in a good position to make a late push. That or sheer arrogance in thinking that after a few good results rovers dont need to invest

We’ve been in the play off mix for about a week. We were 15th at the start of Jan.

Very surprised to see us linked to some decent strikers but can understand the reluctance to spend £10m+ and blow apart the wage structure. Sometimes we have to cut our cloth.

I know it’s cliche but Travis is almost like a new signing. I’d have liked more than just Chapman but if the deals weren’t right then I can accept keeping the powder dry.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray is tying his hands by only looking at British players or players only currently playing in this country.  Hasn't he learnt that home-based players are expensive (Brereton £7m ????) and are on very high wages? There are very few Bradley Dacks around - if he wont spend the money he needs to look abroad for the bargains - something which he seems reluctant to do.

We heard you the first 100 times.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has told you why we didnt the players he wantes? Too expensive!

Just one decent player would have been sufficient.

Quality usually costs money  - unless it's Ben Brereton

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Fully agree... wheres the overseas scouting network?

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

"There’s some [money] left, but that isn’t to say that there is a further opportunity for the owners, and it would be their decision, to agree a further budget.”

“If we are, come January, still in touch with the top six and we’re still competitive, they’ll say ‘Tony, what do you want? If I think we need him or him, they’ll say go for it Tony"

Based on the above quotes from November, then yes, we really expected we might actually have spent some money and brought in someone.

• Like 6

Really disappointed tbh we need another striker that's capable of taking the weight of Graham's shoulders and we now have to really on miss and miss brereton and untested nuttal.. could if made a statement of intent and pushed for playoff's instead we will most likely linger around 10-12th

Above all, I love tjis Rovers side. They can frustrate at times but there isn't an arsehole or mercenary in the entire squad - a far cry from our recent history.  I would have loved to add more quality because I want the fairy tale play off win but you never know, avoid injuries and anything can happen. I tight-knit squad who'll fight for each other will get more points than someone rocking up for a payday.  One bad apple could ruin the cart, every signing we make must fit in with what has been crafted here.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

But that argument is on very flimsy ground when he has spent a substantial amount of money on a 4th choice striker/ 6th choice winger. 

We paid what we did for Brereton. Sadly some of you lot are so obsess you still going about now. Blimey its true what PhilipL posted last week

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

"There’s some [money] left, but that isn’t to say that there is a further opportunity for the owners, and it would be their decision, to agree a further budget.”

“If we are, come January, still in touch with the top six and we’re still competitive, they’ll say ‘Tony, what do you want? If I think we need him or him, they’ll say go for it Tony"

Based on the above quotes from November, then yes, we really expected we might actually have spent some money and brought in someone.

Yes but clubs are asking silly prices and Players wanting silly unreasonable wages in January..

I rather we didnt get into that game and we got the players at what they are worth and Mowbray 1st target choices. 

Edited by chaddyrovers