BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You don't go for a player then realise in the last few days of the window that you've been wasting time because the demands were never realistic for us.

We do apparently. Same thing appeared to happen in summer. We put bids in at the start of summer for players which produced no joy then it looked as though we went back to the owners at the last minute for more money and then started throwing telephone numbers about about at Freeman from QPR and Brereton in the last couple of days of the window.

It 's the easiest excuse in the world to say players are too expensive. It is not difficult to ascertain a player's demands and at  the end of the day it all boils down to how serious the manager is about improving the team, if you want quality you have to pay for it. Deep down I don't think the manager wants to risk putting the noses out of joint of the players already here. Even the one addition we've brought in and the one we were most strongly linked with (Gallagher) are players he's worked with before and presumably likes. That's a pretty small talent pool to draw from.

So two windows and 12 months gone by August and has the squad really improved any? Possibly Armstrong and possibly Chapman (if we play him this time roind that is) Travis was seemingly about to be sent out on loan but has also fallen rather fortuitously into the manager's lap due to circumstance.

At that rate that's a hell of a long, long term plan. It'll be a long time before it comes to fruition if ever. Hope Im around to see it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We paid what we did for Brereton. Sadly some of you lot are so obsess you still going about now. Blimey its true what PhilipL posted last week

Yes but clubs are asking silly prices and Players wanting silly unreasonable wages in January..

I rather we didnt get into that game and we got the players at what they are worth and Mowbray 1st target choices. 

You're now contradicting yourself in the same post now. At least it used to take you a few minutes before posting contrary to your other comments.

And we got into that "game", as you call it, with Ben Brereton. We're already in doing it. I'd rather the club do it with someone proven.

It's been a crap transfer window so far, talked up by Mowbray himself. So I wouldn't expect people to be quivering with joy like you are, sat at home in your BRFC y-fronts, surrounded by newspaper cuttings with your Alan Nixon mask on.

There I've said it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We did make 4 January signings. None of whom will contribute this season.

Mowbray also told us “there is money available” now it isn’t enough. I wonder if we hadn’t spent £7m on Brereton would we have had the money to buy Assombalonga, for example? Do you have a view on this?

Also do you think this was a good window for a team going for the play-offs?

No rush to get back to me, Chaddy. You can wait to see what Mowbray thinks before making up your mind.

I wonder if he’ll be “disappointed”? Yes I think he will!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We do apparently. Same thing appeared to happen in summer. We put bids in at the start of summer for players which produced no joy then it looked as though we went back to the owners at the last minute for more money and then started throwing telephone numbers about about at Freeman from QPR and Brereton in the last couple of days of the window.

It 's the easiest excuse in the world to say players are too expensive. It is not difficult to ascertain a player's demands and at  the end of the day it all boils down to how serious the manager is about improving the team, if you want quality you have to pay for it. Deep down I don't think the manager wants to risk putting the noses out of joint of the players already here. Even the one addition we've brought in and the one we were most strongly linked with (Gallagher) are players he's worked with before and presumably likes. That's a pretty small talent pool to draw from.

So two windows and 12 months gone by August and has the squad really improved any? Possibly Armstrong and possibly Chapman (if we play him this time roind that is) Travis was seemingly about to be sent out on loan but has also fallen rather fortuitously into the manager's lap due to circumstance.

At that rate that's a hell of a long, long term plan. It'll be a long time before it comes to fruition if ever. Hope Im around to see it.

Agree.  I don't believe for one minute that leading up to deadline day, managers aren't aware of the wages their targets are on.  How hard is it?

"Oy Starman"

"Yes Mr Mowbray"

"You've been at Boro for 10 years, how much is Britt on?

"About £50k per week.  A lot of the lads were quite peed off about it."

"Hmmmm...  Ok, Let's enquire about Austin.  He used to be a dingle, probably happy to play for packet of pork scratchings."

Harrison Reed : "Yeah about that boss..."

FFS.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Moan and moan..

What happens if this squad makes the playoffs? Will you still complain? I will answer Yes!

What were really expect? Us to spend loads of money? 4 or 5 signings? 

Mowbray has told you why we didnt sign the players he wanted? Too expensive!

Why would anyone moan if we made the playoffs?

What have hypothetical scenarios like that to do with the fact that we didn't strengthen the squad?

Aren't you disappointed we didn't at least get cover for Graham? Why not, you're a Rovers supporter aren't you?

• Like 2